Chapter 3
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rio rubs his eyes for a few seconds before looking around.

"Where am I?"

Right now, Rio is in the middle of what looks like a cave. He can see an exit behind him, but he cannot go through it. There is an invisible barrier stopping him from going through it.

"We cannot go through it yet, master! We need to beat the boss first!"

"I-I don't if I can do Merrilee. I-I'm not a hunter. I'm just a miner."

"No! You can do it, master. I trust you! And with me here, I will make sure you are alive. I promise in the name of Mother Sylph!"

Merrilee's body starts to glow for a few seconds before it goes back to normal.

"What is that?"

"I make an oath to Mother Sylph that I will keep you alive."

"I know, but why are you glowing?"

"Oh~ Hmmm, how can I explain this… I'm a Sylph! We are an elemental spirit. Mother Sylph is the first Sylph ever born from Gaia energy. I just made an oath to her, and she acknowledged my oath, and if I break that oath, I will die."

"W-why do you do that?!?"

"Because I trust you, master! Because you are my master. Because you are the Envoy of Gaia. Because I believe you can do that."

"Y-you… Haaaah"

Rio released a frustrated sigh and sat down on the ground.

"Heh. You know something funny, Merrilee?"

"Hmmm?"

"Truthfully, I was not afraid of death. No. What I'm afraid of going forward is the thought of me leaving my parents mourning my death once more."

"Once more?"

"Nothing. So! How do we defeat this boss?"

Merrilee looks at Rio for a second before saying.

"This is Ruins Cave. The only monster in this cave is a springing bunny—a level one monster. You can defeat those monsters and get used to your new class. Speaking of class, please say 'inventory' out loud or inside your mind."

"Inventory."

After he said that, a blue table appeared in front of him—a 10x5 table. The only thing there is a book and armor. Rio presses the book icon, and three options appear in front of him. Equip, Take Out and Destroy.

Rio presses the equip button, and suddenly a book appears in front of him floating, trapped inside a blue bubble. He reaches for the book, and when his hand touches the bubble, it pops up and leaves the book in his hand.

When he touches the book, he immediately learns how to use it.

This Grimoire contains three spells he can use.

"Merrilee. What is this? How can I suddenly know how to cast a spell? It was like when I get three skills from when I pick my class."

"They are a beginner spell! All Apprentice Grimoire will contain that spell. An apprentice Sorcerer needs to train this spell to get more powerful and expand their list of spells. Grimoire is a book of spells, after all."

"I see"

Rio nodded his head at that explanation. Each of the spells is relatively simple—fireball, Lightning Strike, and lastly, Earth Embrace.

Fireball and Lightning Strike are easy to understand. It was an attack with lightning and fire elements. Earth Embrace, on the other hand, is a buff spell. This spell creates a second skin that can take a considerable amount of damage.

After checking the spell inside his mind, Rio looks at the body armor in his inventory and equips it.

Green Grass Coat Common
200 HP
1% EVA

It was a light green and white coat that covered his upper and lower body part. Just like his Grimoire, the back of his coat has a magic circle with an unknown rune. If Rio can guess, it was the enchantment that boosted his EVA stats.

Rio took a deep breath before looking at his Eidolons.

"Alright, let's do this."

"Yes! Let's go!"

Rio slowly walks deeper into the cave, and true to Merrilee's word, there is a lot of slime jumping around the cave.

"We should stop here, master. Slime is blind, deaf, and cannot smell, but they can feel the vibration on the earth. They can feel your footsteps within a certain smile."

"Understood. We can attack the first five Slimes. Merrilee takes the three slimes on the right, and I will take the other two."

"Okay! Leave it to me!"

Acknowledging her master order, Merrilee pointed her wand at her target, and suddenly three pieces of ice in the shape of a Lotus flower appeared near the three slimes.

"I'm ready, master!"

"Understood. Wait for my signal."

Rio's Grimoire opens up at his mental command, and suddenly two magic circles appear around him and shine in power.

"Now!"

After saying that, Rio fired his spell at the two slimes. A fireball and a spear made of lightning hit their target. Merrilee's ice flower explodes and kills the other three slimes. When they disappear, they leave behind a small blue crystal.

Rio smiled a little, savoring the taste of his first hunt. Even when the monster died in a single spell, it was still a great thing to him.

"We did it, master! Wooo!"

He gave her a small smile before saying.

"It was because of you, Merrilee. Thank you."

"Hehehehe~ I don't do much, though."

"What are you talking about? You defeat three slimes at once."

"It was nothing but thank you for your compliment, master!"

Rio patted her on the head before slowly walking toward the loot. When he arrived, a blue panel appeared in front of him.

Crystallized Experience Dust Common
Gaia Crystal
A favorite of Eidolons Everywhere! Give this gift to your Eidolon to slightly increase their earned EXP. Eidolons of all levels can use it

"What do we get, master?"

"A dust"

"Dust? Oh! Experience Dust!"

"Do you know about it?"

"Of course! It was a crystal that could make us stronger! The more we eat it, the stronger we get. Not only that, but it also tastes delicious!"

"Really?"

"Can I have it?"

"Of course. Here you go."

Merrilee levitates the dust and creates a glass made of ice, fills it with water from the ice she melted, and then places the dust in her glass before stirring it. A few seconds later, she drinks it.

"Puah! This is the best!"

"Good. Shall we continue?"

"Yes! Let's collect more Gaia Crystal!"

Rio shakes his head in amusement at Merrilee's behavior before looking at a few dozen slimes in front of him.

"Let's do this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the MC's current stats. I will place the current stats by the end of every chapter for the remainder of his stats.

RIO RENALDI LV 1
HP 551/551 (+200 from Armor)
Offensive Stats
CRIT LV 0 2.58%
SPD LV 0 2.58%
Offensive Point 0
Defensive Stats
DEF LV 0 5.16%
EVA LV 0 7.16%
Defensive Point 0
Extra Stats
CRIT DAMAGE 130% (Total damage)
MANA 100%
MOVEMENT SPEED 100%

 

0