Chapter 4
74 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rio fires another fireball to the slime in front of him and sees it kills them instantly like before. As they continue to walk deeper into the cave, Rio begins to notice that all his spells can kill the enemy in one hit.

"Merrilee, can I ask you something?"

"Hmmm? What is it?"

"This place is too easy, right? I don't mean to sound arrogant, but all of them are defeated with a single spell."

"Because they are slime, master!"

"Huh? What does that mean?"

"Slime monsters are known for their weakness to magic. They have a resistance to physical damage, but they are vulnerable to magic. They take seventy percent more damage to magic while they can resist eight-five percent of physical damage."

When he hears Merrilee's explanation, Rio shudders a little. He is fortunate to throw the close combat classes earlier. If he picks a ravaged, he will have a hard time facing the enemy.

"I-I see. Then I'm really lucky to pick up the Magic class."

"Yup! However, even when you pick the physical class, the skill you get has a magic attribute in it. So, while you can still defeat the slime, it is easier when you are in the magic class."

"I see. Anyway, how much further do we need to walk before we meet the boss?"

"Hmmm, I don't really know, master. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry, Merrilee. It was not your fault. Come on, let's get going."

"Yes~"

After saying that, both Rio and Merrilee fight their way out of a group of slime monsters. They continue to fight their way for ten minutes before Rio stops on his track when he hears a notification sound inside his head.

DING

 

RIO RENALDI LV 2 (↑)
HP 581/581 (+200 from Armor) (↑ 30)
Offensive Stats
CRIT LV 0 2.58% 
SPD LV 0 2.58%
Offensive Point 1
Defensive Stats
DEF LV 0 5.36% (↑ 0.20%)
EVA LV 0 7.41% (↑ 0.35%)
Defensive Point 0
Extra Stats
CRIT DAMAGE 130% (Total damage)
MANA 100%
MOVEMENT SPEED 100%

Rio looks at his new stats and frowns a little. It did not change much other than three stats. HP, DEF, and EVA.

Other than the increased stats, Rio's HP and Mana get restored as well. His mana also increased by a good amount. While the stats did not show it, he can feel his mana almost double up the previous amount.

If previously he could cast his basic spell twenty times, now he can cast them for thirty-seven times.

Rio also notices his body growing stronger but not as much as his magical side. He still cannot punch a brick wall to dust, but he can now run around a stadium three times and not die by the end of it.

"Leveling up! Congratulations, master!"

"Thank you, Merrilee. Can you ask me something?"

"Of course!"

"Which build should I take? Should I spend my points on CRIT or SPD?"

"Hmmm, that depends on you, master. CRIT is needed if you want to deal with a large amount of damage. SPD, on the other hand, decreases your skill cooldown and increases your spell speed."

"What about the cap?"

"Cap?"

"What is the max amount of CRIT I can have? Fifty percent? Seventy percent?"

"Oh! CRIT can be increased to seventy-five percent for a sorcerer class, and the SPD cap is fifty percent. However, both caps can be increased via a special method. Sadly, I don't know that method. I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologize, Merrilee. Come on. We should get going."

"En!"

Rio continues to walk deeper into the cave, and after ten more minutes of walking and fighting, they arrive at the end of the cave.

"Huh? We arrived at the end of the cave. Where is the boss?"

"Here it comes!"

Before Rio could ask Merrilee about the boss, the massive boulder at the end of the cave begins to shake.

Rio quickly dodged the rock falling from the ceiling. A few seconds later, he can see a ten-meter-tall rock golem appear from the ground. It looks like the boulder is not really a boulder. It was the boss of this dungeon.

He looks at the boss and frowns when he sees the boss' name and level.

KEDA Level 7
Giant of the Ruin
3008/3008

The Golem HP is six times the amount of his own HP, and its level is five times bigger than his own.

"Master, are you okay?"

"I'm good, Merrille. Now, what should we do?"

"Fight it, of course!"

"I know, but how? What's its weakness?"

"Hmmm, Keda has a high defense and physical prowess, but his movement is a lot to be desired. We can exploit this. Not only that, an older golem-like Keda has a core that needs to be exposed to the open air. As long as we can find those cores, we can hit them with all the spells we have."

"Understood. Merrilee, I was hoping you could search for this weak point. I will catch this Golem's attention while you are doing that."

"Roger!"

After saying that, Rio opens his Grimoire and uses his buff spell.

"Five minutes… Should be enough."

Earth Embrace spell will boost his defensive capabilities for five minutes. After applying the buff spell on himself, Rio cast the other two spells to attack the massive Golem in front of him. When the spell hits, the Golem roar in anger and begin to charge toward Rio.

True to Merrilee's word, Keda moves really slow. Each step took a few seconds, but the Golem compensated for it with its reach.

Rio dodges the incoming swing attack from Keda before firing another spell at it. However, a second after he fires his spell, a boulder falls from the ceiling, and Rio needs to jump away from his previous location.

He looks around and sees that this cave is another thing that the Golem can use to its advantage.

"Dammit. While the Golem is slow, its hands are really long. Not only that, but I also need to watch out for the spike on the ceiling. Wait!"

Suddenly an idea appears inside his mind, and Rio decides to lure the Golem to a certain spot. Rio casts his spell not toward Keda but to the ceiling above it when the Golem appears in the spot he wants it to be.

A second later, the spike fell down and hit the Golem. Rio looks at Keda's HP and smiles.

"Two hundred points per spike, huh? I can do this."

Before Rio could attack once again, Merrille flew toward him while shouting.

"Master! I found the core location!"

"Where?!?"

"On its left butt!"

Rio will tell her to watch her word, but he is too focused to stay alive right now.

0