Chapter 13: Imminent Turmoil
46 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone’s eyes became dots and mouths open wide, not surprising if one or two flies entered their mouths. After a few seconds of silence, which seems like an hour was broken by father.

 

“What a status!” father said with a strained smile

 

“Though I had expected it to a certain extent, but it went beyond my expectations,” father said while going through my status

“H-How many unique and special do you have?” Mother’s face was a scene to see. Surely would get an award for the dramatic reaction of the century. Eyes opened to full capacity with pupil dilatation at maximum and her half-elf ears twitching up and down.

 

I can’t think of any basis for her drastic reaction but just one more push and that would be it to make her lose consciousness. Mia with her Noah face contrast with her tail and ears standing up, a perfect example of when emotions are big and complex to be released and directed inside.

 

We left the room for our carriage at the entrance. Many nobles greeted us on our way and irritated us with their pleasantries, some singing praises for their children's status with obvious hidden intentions of offering them as a mistress.

 

Polygamy is common in this world as long as the male is rich enough to provide for them.

 

The majority faction of nobles with girls pushed minority factions of nobles with boys back, desperately trying to advertise their son with a wish like diminishing flame to be recognized as prince aid.

 

How amusing the creature called nobles are. I am very tempted to see how far can they go to curry the favour. The despair they know of but try very hard to look away and when that same despair comes knocking on their door. How amusing the look on their face will be. Ah! How amusing! Nobles are.

 

.......... Ah! I-I didn’t know I had such personality in me. Better keep it in check. After making our way to the carriage. Few moments’ silence dominated the carriage.

 

“Can we look at the status again?” I opened the status screen at my father's request. I don’t think there is any problem with it but.......

 

“hmm....... The status is something else...... Your stats are magic-oriented but I think weapons handling will also be fine as you grow up.......” father dwelled deep in his thought with his one hand on his hand, staring at the status and mumbling his mind.

 

Mother had this distant look on her face, as if worrying about something. I don’t understand the reason behind her worry.

 

“your skills........ Explain them to me once reach we home....... There are few skills I don’t know about,” said father. My skills seem to be special. If father the king hasn’t heard of them, that makes them very rare.

 

“There is...... One problem,” mother said with a serious expression, raising her index finger showing one.

 

“It’s the race,” mother said, stressing the word race. What’s the problem? It’s the same demon king with angel inheritance.

 

“Olivia, about that...... It’s still early to decide. We have noticed no schemes or movements” eh? Schemes? Movement? Father tried to make mother understand something which failed continuously in washing off her anxiety.

 

Mia also had this anxious look on her face, probably having some insight on the matter. I bet she has some covert operation experience, her status is more leaned for that sort of work.

 

“umm...... Ah...... What’s the problem?” I asked with my voice shrinking at the end, not knowing if it is right for me to interfere or not.

 

The silence again dominated for a while. Mother broke the silence.

 

“The problem is that the evolutionary hierarchy-

“Olivia! It’s too soon for him!” father exclaimed

“Dear, he is the prince of the nation, he must know things he has to face even if he doesn’t understand it” mother firmly explained her thought, she had this sharp glint in her eyes saying ‘she will not back off from this’.

 

“Haa..... Have it your way...... It has been ages ago when you last showed this firm determination” they had been staring hard at each other in eyes for a while, looking deep into each other’s eyes as if looking at the bare soul probing the reason.

 

After their long eye to eye conversation, father backed off. I have also heard about this type of eye to eye conversation in my previous world between couples. Is it because of trust?....... Or because of how long they have been together?..... Or is it because of some telepathic skill?

 

“your race hierarchy is very high. When a newborn is born it emits a specific wavelength of mana, if it’s of low class like a demon or demon baron, the wavelength is thin but as higher the hierarchy goes the denser the wavelength becomes,” mother made a deliberate pause for me to process the information.

 

“Demon king is very high in the hierarchy so it emits dense wavelength so it becomes possible to detect it through some means,” mother didn’t properly say about the means but anyway……..

 

“But what’s the problem with me being higher in the hierarchy?” I asked a naïve question, which I’m fully aware of but I really don’t know........

 

“You have heard about the great racial war and the great invasion, right?” mother tried to make things simpler. I had mother read me a picture book about the war, though I was just attracted to it because of the dramatic names and slight curiosity to learn the history of the world I was going to live in.

 

I nod as an answer.

 

“After the war, our relation with humans was broken. Though not every human is bad, we also have many humans living in harmony with other races in our kingdom,” mother constructed her own words.

 

“The higher hierarchy of any race possesses incredible power which can tilt, which can change the power balance between the nations, so they try to eliminate them.” I understand the situation a bit from it, but it would go above my head if I were a normal 2 years old, though they telling me this means I’m not normal.

 

“But father is also demon king, right? Then.....” I asked.

 

“Me? No, No I was a demon marquis at birth, I reached higher by undergoing evolution, though undergoing 2 evolutions in itself is rare,” there he goes showing off his cool side against his 2 years old child

 

“in the first place no one in our kingdom has been born demon king, few have reached it through evolution let aside the kingdom, handful in the demon race have been born demon king” I didn’t know it was this big of a picture to be born as the demon king, I thought it was natural for me to be a demon king as father was also demon king and I was born as royal.

 

“Demon with angel inheritance on itself is very rare and on top of being king hierarchy class is nigh impossible...... I think it’s more like a variant of demon and angel. I think it will develop into a different race in the future generations when both demonic and angelic elements will stabilize and assimilate more. It will be interesting to see how it goes”

4