Everwinter
67 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two weeks later.

In the small town of Everwinter a man , who was wearing a black cloak, long black boots and had a huge cargo on his back, walked slowly on the St. Berg Street . The weather was bad and it was pouring really hard and coupled with the blowing wind it was more than sufficient for people to stay inside their house .Amazingly the entire town was covered in thick fog even when the wind was blowing . The man was drenched but he still walked slowly seemingly enjoying every moment . This man was none other than Ryan. He looked to his left from where he could easily the entire valley near the town in a clear day, but right now what he saw was the fog breath taking dance of the fig under the violent winds .

The street was narrower if you compare it with the modern world but if it could definitely be consider wide especially when there were no vehicles . Ryan continued to walk up the path while pausing at times to watch the nature's play . The street ,which was made of stones, was going uphill and was quite steep ; there were wooden houses on the right. Due to rain there was water flowing down the street. The houses were old style wood cabins with nothing fancy. This disappointed Ryan a bit , because he had exceptions for this magical civilisation .

After the confrontation with the dragon , Ryan decided to take things slow so that he could every single resource on the way . Thus now he had over ten million types of plants with great variety of uses , more than a million beasts and they were of course of huge variety . As for why he had such an absurd number of them ? For this one had to know that the distance between the current town and that place is bigger than the circumference of entire earth, and that was a place where no humans have ever stepped upon that land, and nature was free to do whatever it wanted to.
Right now these plants and animals were inside his void space where similar environment had been recreated . Apart from these he also had various minerals and magical ores.

'Oh , I am here.'

As he said that he turned and entered a bar shop which was spotted by him when he was on his way to this town .

*RING*

As the door opened a bell rang for the obvious reason and responding to it a middle aged man who was at the bar table looked at him with cautious gaze .

Not minding his gaze Ryan removed his cloak and placed it on the stand which was right besides the door .

As he removed his cloak the shopkeeper fell into a daze as he looked at his face . His
complexion was really fair and without any scars . He had a refined jaw line and no facial hair . His hair were black but it looked as if only the edges of his hair were golden , to be more precise - his black hair gave really faint golden colour too . His eyes were black with a greenish touch. His height was near six feet and his body was well built and balanced. There was not a single excessive muscle but yet he seemed more strong than most of the warriors . But above all there was something off about him , where he would go there could be absolutely no one who could see him as his enemy .Thus the poor bartender fell to his charm and his attitude took a turn .

Being a quasi rank 10 Ryan was extremely sensitive to his surroundings , it was to the degree of that even the rank 9s who are not good at scheming could be easily read by him, so for him to read the body language of mortals was as easy as if he was reading a book .

"Oh ! It is not everyday we see a new face here at--"

Ryan smiled to his remark, and sat down on the chair next to the bar table .

"I just arrived here," he said in a friendly town .

"So are you a merchant ? "

"Yes , I am," he smiled again.

The middle aged man felt a strange warmth from his smile which made him unconsciously closer to Ryan. Even though they had only exchanged a few lines , he was already feeling as if he had known this person from a long time, and Ryan was well aware of this.

"It's rare for merchants to come here during the winter."

"Just trying out different options to get land myself a handsome deal . You know those old men , they make it really hard for merchants ,who are new in this game, like me to sell stuff. "

"Ah. Jason and his never ending greed. Let me warn you young man , most of the people have already bought lots of stuff last month , they might not be a lot of people who are willing to buy from you. "

Ryan's mood turned off a bit and he didn't hesitate from showing that .

Seeing that , the shopkeeper felt unusually bad for him and thus he decided to buy stuff from him.

"So what are you selling ?"

Ryan smiled and pulled out 3 types of fruits and 6 kinds of plants .

"I am selling these three fruits, and medicinal herbs ."

He then gave description of each herb and explained how effective they were like a clever shopkeeper and coupled with his quasi rank 10 cultivation that man now believes that these herbs could bring a person back from the gates of death . Usually he would ask his wife or daughter to check all the stuff related to plants since he was not knowledgable , but right he felt like an alchemist who has at last found the ingredients for the elixir of life. Thus , he ended up buying quite a bit by spending a little over 10 silver coins .

*SURP*

It has been quite a while since then and Ryan has just now finished his eleventh jug . After selling them they have talked a lot about the town and the people here, and now the shopkeeper was behaving as if they were old besties. Being an opportunist he was , he got very single information he could have got from him . Not only this , he was also able to convince him to find him some customers.

"You should leave for the inn . The sun is about to set ."

"Don't worry old man , I am a pretty strong guy ! hehe. "

Since the deal Ryan has started acting like a clumsy kid , which definitely had a huge affect on the bartender .

The shopkeeper's face turned serious with a hint of fear.

"I am not talking about wild animals . "

"So monsters ? Hehe . I have caught so many monsters that you can give one to each person in this world and there would still be over a hundred thousand of these left ! "

The shopkeeper again moved his head in rejection , and then said as if he was teaching a kid ,"Has Jason not told you about that ?"

"About what ?"

Shopkeeper turned extremely furious and cursed Jason .

"Listen up Ryan. I know you will think I am idiot ,but sorry I cannot talk about clearly unless we are in the church. "

Ryan's curiosity piqued.

"There is something here in this place. "

"Something ...not good"

"Something that does not belong to this world."

1