Common Sense (Sleepy time)
234 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up to Smaug's watching TV at night. Then he looks out the glass door. Ilulu is sleeping on his shoulder.

Smaug:"Why do I have a bad feeling, like something I don't like is going on." 

Ilulu then puts a hand on his face.

Ilulu:*Sleepy.* "Quiet."

Later

Smaug is in chibi dragon form running around the apartment and Kanna is chasing him.

Smaug:"You'll never get me!"

Kanna:"I will."

Will Smaug is running he doesn't notice a can in front of him and he crashes into it and he smacks into the wall. 

Smaug:"Everything..is...getting dark."

Kanna walks up to him and taps him.

Kanna:"Got you." *She then raises her fists up.* "Yeah!"

Kanna then picks him up like a doll and brings him over to the couch and she watches TV. Smaug is trying to regain his senses. 

Smaug:"Everything is spinning."

Kanna:"Shh. Tv." *She starts to pet Smaug.* 

Later. 

Smaug is sitting at home everyone is at work or school. Smaug walks by the dinner table and finds a manga on it. It's Lucoa's book, "Huge Melons."

Smaug:*Starts to sweat.* 'I don't need it. I don't need it. I definitely don't need it.'  *After a few seconds.* "I NEED IT!" 

Smaug grabs the book and he runs to his room and starts to read it.

Later. 

Smaug is sitting on the couch and Tohru goes into Kobayashi's room. It's Kobayashi's day off and Tohru is going in to remind her. Tohru then kicks Ilulu and Kanna out of Kobayashi's room and they go over to Smaug and they lay on him and go to sleep. Smaug gets squished.

Smaug:"Why?!"

Ilulu then puts a hand on Smaug's face.

Ilulu:*Sleepy.* "Quiet."

Kanna:*Sleepy and she hugs Smaug tight.* "Warm."

Smaug sweat drops and just continues to watch TV.

Later.

Tohru and Smaug are walking in the shopping district.

Tohru:"She won't wake up at all when she gets like that.  Oh well, I guess we'll go shopping for dinner, then."

Smaug:"Food."

Then Tohru sees Elma.

Tohru:"Oh."

Elma turns to them.

Elma:"hmm?"

Tohru:"Tsk!"

They glare at each other. 

Smaug:"Not again."

Tohru:"Luck's just not with me, running into you at this time.

Elma:"That's my line!"

Tohru:"What's with the load of sweets? Did you quit being a dragon to become a pig?"

Elma:"Back off. I'm too tired and my mind's not working properly."

Tohru:"So even you've started to sleep here, too."

Elma:"It came naturally as I learned about how humans live. I've been sleeping every night since I came to this world. Have you both been sleeping, too, then?"

Tohru:"Yeah."

Smaug:"All the time."

Elma:"It's strange, isn't it? I wonder where this sleepiness comes from."

Tohru:"It's from boredom, isn't it?"

Smaug:"Huh, never thought about it like that."

Elma:"Boredom? You've been feeling bored? Why don't you go back, then?"

Tohru:"Because I don't dislike boredom."

Smaug:"I'm on vacation."

Tohru:"We often had to fight constantly without sleep for many years. We never had a chance to feel bored. It's that very boredom that we're enjoying now, Elma."

Elma:"Tohru, Smaug, you two..."

Tohru:"Tch. Hmph." *Tohru grabs Smaug's hand and they walk past Elma.* "It's nothing a pig who only eats and sleeps would ever understand!"

Smaug:'That kinda sounds like what I do all the time.'

Elma:"Wha?!"

Tohru:"I hope you at least get sold for 88 yen per 100 grams at the local butcher!"

Elma:"Don't assign me a cheap price tag!"

Smaug:*Waves.* "Bye."

Later that night. Smaug is sleeping on the couch. Tohru is still awake in the living room and she walks over to the glass door and looks outside.

Tohru:"It's quiet."

Kobayashi:"It is quiet."

Kobayashi got up to get a drink. She holds it up.

Kobayashi:"A drink for bed. I slept too much this afternoon, so I'm not tired." *She sits at the dinner table.* "Oh, hup-up."

Tohru:"Hey, Miss Kobayashi. Why do you humans get sleepy?"

Kobayashi:"It's a physiological response. We'll die if we don't sleep. Part of it is that we chose to be diurnal rather than nocturnal during our evolution. That's not what you were asking about, huh? Well...It's probably pressure to conform."

Tohru:"You mean going along with the majority?"

Kobayashi:"Yeah. Someone probably said it's getting dark out and it's hard to do anything, so let's just sleep. Then someone else agreed, and then me too, me too... When everyone's asleep, It's kind of lonely being awake by yourself. So everyone went to sleep together. Something like that. Is that what you meant?"

Tohru:"Yes."

Smaug snores.

Kobayashi:"Why does Smaug sleep all the time?"

Tohru:"Well, after he got his injury Smaug felt week so he would sleep a lot to regain his energy. And he still does that just in case he has to fight someone strong. He sleeps to keep his energy up. He even nearly burnt down an entire country to the ground to make people fear him. So they would be to scared to fight him. He did it all so he could sleep."

Kobayashi:"So he's just not lazy."

Tohru:"No he's just... just a little scared that someone could attack him and he will have no energy to fight."

Kobayashi hums.

Later the next morning.

Tohru wakes up. She was sleeping with her head on the coffee table. There is a blanket on here.

Tohru:"Oh, I fell asleep." *She gets up and opens the blinds making the sunshine in Smaug's face.* "Mmm, I feel great now!"

Smaug throws a pillow at her head.

Smaug:"People are trying to sleep."

Tohru just smiles and goes and wakes Kobayashi up.

Later.

Smaug is in the shower and he is in female form singing Ai no Supreme. The Tohru comes in and moves the shower curtain. Smaug covers his lady bits.

Smaug:"Kyya! Tohru!"

Tohru:"You're taking to long."

Smaug:"You could have knocked!"

Tohru:*tick mark appears on her head.* "I did but you didn't hear me with your stupid signing."

Smaug:*Gasps* "Ai no Supreme is a wonderful song."

Tohru just stares at him/her. Then she grabs his arm and drags him out of the shower.

Smaug:*Struggling.* "No wait, I almost got to the good part!"

Tohru:"I don't care, Kobayashi need to shower, too."

Smaug starts to cry.

Smaug:*Crying.* "I want to finish my shower." *His stomach growls and he cries more.* "NOW I'M HUNGRY!"

Tohru drags him into their room.

Tohru:"If you stop crying I'll cook you a whole turkey again."

Smaug immediately stops crying and he changes into his male form.

Smaug:"Yes Ma'am."

Tohru leaves to room and Smaug sits on the bed.

Smaug:"I'm bored." 

He then lays down on the bed and immediately falls asleep. 

The camera pans to a view of the sky then turns black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                  10-07-2021

(There a double update. I won't be writing a chapter for this tomorrow. I'll working on my two other stories tomorrow. I know most of you only read this story of mine but go try my others. They may not be as good but it's something to read while you wait for the next chapter.)

9