Haru’s Training (Week 1)
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Tried a new writing style in my MHA book, so I'm also doing it here. So I hope you like it.)

Smaug and Haru are walking through a forest. Haru has a hop in his step as he follows Smaug with a big smile on his face.

"So, What's the first training, Mr. Smaug?" Haru asks.

Smaug stops walking, so does Haru, and he turns around to look at Haru.

"I honestly didn't think this far ahead." Smaug says while scratching his head.

"Well, what did you do to train?"

Smaug puts a a finger on his chin and thinks.

"Well, I burned down kingdoms, I killed many armies, I took over a good portion of a continent, I gained the powers of a god, I took long naps, I formed a harem, I had a couple children, I survived a fatal wound. Um....hmmm..." Smaug scratches his head. "I'm out of ways I trained."

Smaug looks at Haru. He has his jaw dropped and his eyes are wide.

"None of those are really ways to train, just accomplishments or random things!"

Smaug shrugs his shoulders.

"With long and hard training, you'll have most of those happen to you."

Haru jumps back and gets scared.

"I'll have to burn down kingdoms, and kill people! I can't kill people! Every life is precious!"

Smaug glares towards Haru. Haru jumps back more and hides behind a tree.

"What about rapists, murders,bandits,  people who want to kill your family."

Haru nervously answers. "Well-"

"You will learn to kill those who want to do harm to you or your loved ones"

"But not everyone needs to die! Some can be saved."

Smaug huffs and turns around and begins to walk.

"Be quiet and follow me."

"Yes, Sir."

Haru walks out from behind the tree and follows Smaug.

Smaug walks through the forest with his tail swaying angrily behind him. Haru looking at the ground as he follows Smaug.

Voices whisper in Smaug's head.

"You know, your blood as a lot of magic in it. I wonder what would happen if someone was to use this stone for their own uses."

"A lowly human the daughter of a great dragon." A deep laugh is heard. "You make dragons everywhere look bad. So I did you a favor and got rid of her."

"Megumin?! Little One?! Please! Come out, Daddy's here."

"He put a bounty on your family. He wants them all dead and they have a higher bounty than you."

"When I find your family." He chuckles. "I'll show them a good time."

"If you don't surrender Smaug, I'll kill him. So drop the weapon and surrender!"

Smaug rubs his head in pain, then puts a hand over his scars. 

'Ignore them. Just ignore the voices.'

"Lord Smaug, are you okay?"

Smaug looks over his shoulder to see Haru with a worried face.

"I'm fine, just a small headache."

"If you say so."

Smaug walks into a very large clearing and he smiles.

"This is perfect."

Haru walks up next to Smaug.

"For what?"

"To start your training."

Smaug walks to the middle of the clearing and Haru follows him. Smaug looks around the clearing then looks to Haru.

"Now, I want you to do ten laps around this clearing."

"Ten?! This is a really big area, and you want me to run ten times around it!"

Smaug nods.

"And I'll add a little challenge to it."

"Oh, boy."

"You wanted to be trained by me to become one of the best adventurers, so I won't be going easy on you."

Haru sighs and goes to the edge of the clearing and starts running.

"I guess I'll be able to do- AHH!"

Haru ducks under a fire ball that flies past him. Then he jumps over another. Haru looks over to Smaug, he has his hand out and a ball of fire forms on his palm.

"You better keep focus and running if you don't want to be hit."

Smaug fires off another fireball and Haru barely avoids it.

"A little challenge! This is a big challenge!" Haru yells as he grabs his rabbit ears and holds them down as a fireball flies past his head.

"This is what training from me is going to be like."

Tears fall from Haru's eyes and he jumps over another fireball. "I'm gonna die!"

Smaug rolls his eyes. "Stop over exaggerating."

An hour later Haru on the ground next to Smaug, taking big and deep breaths.

Smaug looks down to him.

"So we'll have to work on your endurance."

"My....lungs......are burning..."

Smaug hands Haru a water skin and he quickly grabs it and drinks from it.

"I never did say this would be easy. If you're gonna be strong and powerful, you're gonna face strong and powerful foes." Smaug flexes and shows off his muscles. "Take it from a guy who's faced world ending foes. They never seem to learn that I always win."

Haru lowers the water skin and takes some big breaths and hands Smaug the water skin.

"It must have been hard." Haru says.

Smaug tilts the water skin upside down and shakes it. A single drop of water falls from the water skin. Smaug sighs and puts the water away.

"It wasn't exactly that hard. I may have gotten a few scrapes and bruises, but It's not like I ever died or anything."

Smaug holds his hand out to Haru, he grabs it and Smaug helps him onto his feet.

"Now, what?" Haru asks.

Smaug puts a pair of glasses in and a notebook appears in his hand out of thin air. Smaug flips a few pages in the notebook. Smaug reads the page.

Haru is confused at the sight before him.

"Well, it seems that we are going to be doing a long run through the forest. Then it's lunch time. And after that it's another run towards your home."

Smaug takes off the glass and tosses them and the notebook aside.

Haru then realizes something.  "Wait. more running!"

Smaug holds his hand out and a glaive made of forms in his hand.

"Yup, so you better start running."

Haru whimpers and turns tail and runs through the forest and Smaug chases after him.

"This doesn't really seem like training!" Haru yells as he runs through the forest.

"HAHA! You'll learn what it means to be trained by a dragon!"

A couple days later.

Smaug and Haru are on a small wooden boat in the middle of the ocean. Haru has a few bandages on his face and his right ear is wrapped up.

"What are we doing in the middle of the ocean?" Haru asks Smaug.

Smaug looks over the edge of the boat and looks into the crystal blue water.

"We are gonna spend a couple days increasing your lung capacity." 

Haru looks at the water then to Smaug. "You're not gonna set me on fire again?"

Smaug shakes his head.

"Nope, you're just gonna jump into the water and see how long you can hold your breath."

"That's all?"

Smaug nods.

Haru smiles. "Wow, that seems easy."

"This is the only easy thing you'll be doing. Now I'm gonna check and see if it's clear. I'll be back in a few seconds."

Smaug jumps into the water and sinks down.

Haru then looks up to the sun and closes his eyes, basking in the sun. Then he opens his eyes and looks down to his hands. His right hand has a bandage on the palm that's slightly red. 

Then a bunch of bubbles rise to the surface next to the boat from where Smaug jumped. Haru goes to the side of the boat and looks over. The bubbles stop.

"Smaug?"

A whale tail breaches the surface behind Haru then dives back under.

"Smaug?"

A couple hours later on a beach we see Smaug, who's drenched in water, and Haru both sitting. The boat is a little ways down the beach.

"I hate water." Smaug says as he glares out to the ocean.

"It wasn't that bad."

Smaug lightly glares at him.

"You go through what I just went through and say that again."

Haru sweat-drops and looks away.

Smaug stands up and bursts into flames. Haru yells out in panic and begins to freak out, but after a few seconds the flames die down and Smaug is dry.

"That's better." Smaug says as he stretches out.

"What was that?"

Smaug looks to Haru. "Just dried myself with my flames."

"But-"

"Did you forget that I was a flame dragon?"

Haru goes still for a few seconds then just nods.

"Well, let's get back out there." Smaug heads down the beach and towards the boat.

"But-"

"No, buts. We are going back out there."

"Yes, Sir."

Haru gets up and follows after him.

A couple days later we see Smaug and Haru walking at the base of a volcano. 

Haru wipes his brow and stretches his shirt collar.

"What are we doing here, Lord Smaug?" Haru asks as he takes out a water skin and drinks from it.

Smaug happily hums. "We are going to get you used to extreme heat. And what better place to do it, than a volcano!"

Smaug happily hums and his tail wags happily side to side.

"Couldn't we start somewhere small? Not at the hottest thing?!" Haru yells out.

Smaug shakes his head.

"Nope, it's the best place to start."

Smaug hears a thud and he turns around and sees Haru laying face down on the ground.

"Haru?"

Smaug walks over to him and pokes him with his tail.

"Haru?"

A couple of days later.

Smaug and Haru are standing near the top of a snowy mountain, in the middle of a snow storm. Smaug rubs his hands together and rubs his arms.

Haru is wearing many bundles of clothes. He's holding his arms together and shivering. 

"Wh-what are w-w-w-we doing he-he-here, Lord Sm-Sma-Smaug?" Haru asks while shivering.

"We-well, we need to g-g-g-get you used t-t-to the c-c-cold." Smaug shivers. "Me darn it! I'm a flame dragon and I'm cold. What is this?"

"I don't thin-k-k-k you sho-sho-should y-y-y-yell, s-s-sir."

"BUT I'M SO COLD!"

Smaug's voice echoes through the mountains and after a few seconds the mountain starts to rumble. 

Both Smaug and Haru look up and see an avalanche heading towards them.

"Well, Crap." Both Haru and Smaug say as they get swept down the mountain.  

About thirty minutes later at the bottom of the mountain. 

Haru pops out from a pile of snow and he sneezes. He looks around.

"Lord, Smaug?"

Haru hears some muffled grunting and he looks to his right and sees Smaug's head stuck in some snow and he's trying to get out. His tail flails around behind him.

"Oh, boy."

The next day.

Smaug and Haru are sitting under a tree with a picnic basket between them.

"This seems pretty tame." Haru says as Smaug hands him a ham sandwich. 

"For the most part." Smaug says as he grabs himself a sandwich from the basket. 

"So what are we doing today, Mr. Smaug?" Haru says as he bites into his sandwich.

"Poison."

Haru's face gains a purple hue.

"Oh no." Haru says.

Smaug eats his sandwich whole and grabs another.

"Better get eating."

Haru falls backwards.

"You okay there?"

'I'm gonna die by the end of this training!' Haru yells in his head.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06-12-2022

1759 words

0