Chapter 2
2.1k 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Cackle*

*Cackle*

"Huff..finally!" 

I have been trying to light fire down here with some twigs as the fuel and the stone as the igniter. I kinda thought it would be easy....

Turns out, I was wrong. At least gathering the twigs was no problem.

The sound of the fire cackling echoed throughout the cave I was in, I sat down in front of it, close enough to feel the heat and far enough to not get myself burnt, to let my face bask in the warmth the fire gave.

The fight with the rabbit was what was in my head, its corpse was just a few meters beside me.

Thinking back on it, I had also used a passive skill called [ Mirroring ] 

And it was one crazy skill. 

Mirroring can only be used once a day, and by that rule I can now know if a day has passed or not. 

Just like now, mirroring hasn't replenished yet, that means the day still haven't passed. 

But that also means I'll die if I don't learn any other way of fighting the monsters in here. 

I am quite injured though, I really don't know why I'm still alive with all the blood I lost from the fight.

Is the laws in this world and my last one different in terms of bodies and health? 

I mean, I know the people in this world can use mana so their body should be different but it should be the same physically...right? t

well, the good thing is that I'm still alive. So let's not think so much about whether my body is normal or not.

Getting back on topic with the dead rabbit beside me, there was also notifications earlier when I finally woke up, it said that my levels had raised up to ten.

And that was a shock, I do know that my skill [ Double EXP ] was active, but still, that seems like a too quick progress I made. 

I don't even know the use of levels yet, but from every game I played, they should be an important concept in getting stronger.

How much EXP does that rabbit originally give anyways.

Or actually- the "god" sent me here to get stronger, but why are the starting monsters that powerful?!

It should've been a slime or something! 

It was only luck and the fact that the rabbit was playing with me that I survived! 

If it had been seriously trying to kill me from the start, I don't know where I'll be right now. 

I blinked once or twice before laying my back on the cold hard floor of the dungeon I'm in. 

"Appraisal"

[Appraisal] 

[ Name: Minami Sakurako

  Age: 5

  Gender: Female

  Race: Human

  Level: 10

  Magic: (?)

 

Status <- 

 HP: 1,600/1,600

 MP: 3,000/3,000

 STR: 51

 DEF: 76

 AGI: 48

 DEX: 27

 ATK PWR: 63

 

Passive Skills <-

 | Mirroring |

Skills <-

 | Appraisal |

 | Double EXP |

                                   ]

Eh?

EHH?!

What a big leap! Just earlier, my stats were super weak! 

And now it's stronger!

This much should be normal as long as you level up, right..?

Okay, let's not mind that for now. I don't want to ramble on about game statuses. 

Well, let's see. What other problems do we have? 

"Oh right~ we don't have food."

. . .

I stood up from the ground and dusted off the dirt on my back before turning to the side and walking towards the corpse of mister rabbit. 

I poked it with the remaining twig twice and walked around it.

'Yuck. Bloody'

Oh! I just remembered. Isn't its fur soft? Can't I use that as resource of some kind?

Well, that's not what I'm here for though, I'm here to get light source

And if you remember, it has a glowing horn. 

To my luck, the horn was still glowing.

I don't know why it is still glowing considering the fact that the rabbit is dead. 

I thought the rabbit was using light magic, but maybe its horn is just a glow in the dark stick...?

Well, this dungeon is dark. My only light source are the fire burning from the twigs of the non-existent trees, and this horn.

So I'll take it for myself, why not? If its convenient, then I'll take it. 

But...how? 

Its stuck in its head. 

"Kuso!"

____________________________________

"Hnng!" 

*Thud 

"Ouch!"

Why won't this just come off?! I've already used a sharp stone, which I found somewhere, to carve my way through but it still won't come off!

Should I just cut the skin and flesh around it and then continue on with getting rid of the extras? 

That sounds easy, but disgusting     -and disturbing. 

Though, I don't really have a choice now do I? My hands are already red from gripping too hard.

"Argghh..."

I, reluctantly, got back up from the ground and started cutting a big piece of flesh so the horn remains.

And eventually, with lots of disturbing noises of skin being cut, I finally, FINALLY got the horn.

And like I expected, the light didn't fade out, it was still as bright as it was when the rabbit was alive. 

The horn itself was actually hard it feels like I'm holding stone, thinking through it, I decided I would use it as a 'weapon' of some sort.

Stretching my arms to the non-visible sky, I walked back to the fire place and sat down letting the warmth of the fire comfort me.

Unfortunately for me, the sound of my stomach rumbling was enough to remind me I still had a problem, a troublesome one at that.

*Grooowl 

...at the least the universe is nice enough to remind me not to starve...

Ugh, how could I forget about food!

Wait- nevermind forgetting about it, how do we even get food in the first place?! 

W-what do I do? Getting hit by a car is far more better than starving to death! 

-not like I'm saying I want to die again- 

The agonazingly slow and painful torture I'd have to go through before I die,

The thought is enough to send shivers down my spine! 

Shaking my head in an attempt to get rid of those thoughts, my head ended up looking at the direction where the rabbit corpse lies. 

Not now! -wait. Rabbit? Aren't those edible or something...?

Ah. 

No.

No no no no, no.

There is, NO way I am eating that. 

Eat the rabbit you say, are you crazy?! 

That's a monster's corpse! What if it's poisonous or just plain dangerous?!

Isn't dying because of food poisoning better than starving to death?

NO. Being alive is better!

But there's nothing else to eat here, it's not like you can eat dirt right?

Ha! I'd rather eat dirt than the corpse of something that tried to kill me! 

Now now, you'd only be giving yourself a tummy ache, but this time It'd be harder to heal cause you're in another world. 

!!

Uu....

I'm talking to myself now, I swear the hunger is getting to me.

"Couldn't this get worse" I say sarcastically as I stood up with the horn in hand and walked my way towards the corpse, scrunching my nose in disgust to what I'm about to do.

*Cackle*

 

*Cackle*

 

*BURP* 

"Not very appetizing but it was all I could eat at the moment." 

I actually ate it. though I did cook it with fire to be extra sure, it didn't really do much to change the taste.

Ugh, if I could learn magic that'd let me grow food then this wouldn't be a problem.

Speaking of problems, I also don't have water.

". . ."

Th-this is the worst. 

Oh wait! In the fantasy mangas I read, water magic always exist! So maybe I could....

I don't even know how to perform magic in the first place.

"Hah!"

I gasped as an idea in my head started to form.

That's right! I watch anime! I read Manga! And enjoy novels! 

I have lots of ideas to try from! 

To hell with those who said Anime and Manga are useless! 

They're all stupid!! 

I started to grin at the thought of using magic, it was exciting. And to be honest, who wouldn't be?

Soo, from what I can remember, using magic needs fuel, that fuel is magic power. 

And in order to utilize mp (magic power) we must learn how to control it.

The other series' I found needed chants to perform magic and those who didn't were usually the 'overpowered' protagonist. 

But I'm no protagonist and this is no show either. 

That aside I'm not sure if in this world, chants are needed but I don't care. I'll use magic!

But that's not all I learned, from that one anime I watched, there is also this technique that makes things easier. 

"Imagination"

That's right! Imagination, by imagining the spell you want to cast clearly, your magic power does the rest and does its best to recreate what you just thought of.

Pretty convenient if I say so myself.

*Huff 

"Yosh!" 

Time to try it myself!

_____________________________________

"Water!"

"Water, comeforth! " 

*Haaa 

"Ha....haaah" 

W-why won't anything work?! I've tried picturing everything clearly and then chanting but it still won't work!

My status says I have mp so I'm sure that's not the problem either!

So why?

Channel your magic power and let it flow through your hands. 
                              -Entity

...huh? 

Entity? This is the same guy who reincarnated me here? 

What's with this note. Is he trying to help me? Well you wouldn't have needed to do so if you just sent me to a family instead of this...prison! 

Please accept this one advice as an apology for suddenly reincarnating you in a dungeon without giving you proper knowledge, 

Your magic power flows like blood, so if you imagine it like that, it might be easier for you to execute what you plan to do.

Again I apologize. And I do hope you live. 

                                                    - Entity

Haa?

Apology? Can't you at least explain why you put me in a dungeon instead of anywhere else?!

"Whatever, you gave some useful advice at least"

So I tried again, and instead of going straight into casting magic, I imagined the flow of my magic power coursing through me and into my hands.

And to my delight I felt a warm feeling around my hands and assumed it was the magic power.

'This feels nice and warm..' 

And just like that, I began to imagine a ball of water floating in the air.

It felt like something was pulling the mp out of my hands, making me think that it must be working. 

And when I opened my eyes, there was a too huge of size water ball floating above me. 

"A-re? Did I use too much mp?" 

Knowing that I could use magic got me excited but actually using it feels so different, I was so happy to the point I forgot to focus and lost control over the ball of water and I got soaked. 

It extinguished my fire too.

*Sigh 

 __________________________________________________

[ Hidden skill unlocked: User of Magic ]


 

1