Side Chapter 4: First Steps
664 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Perspective: Cursed Alchemist: Spyke Hydra

Authors note: <<Brackets>> are implied to be universal/world announcements. “Quotes” are character speech. “Italicized text” are thoughts. <single bracket> are displayed to characters.

Edited by: Dragodonv2 and Mitch on discord

The first steps had been processed; the question is whether it would work?

 

The sounds of the morning birds could be heard once more, orange ears perked up from over the desk that the male had slept on, three tails perked up slowly from under the man’s cloak. He leaned forward and pulled open the window blocks he often used to block out the sounds and light of the world around him. The light of the morning sun washed into the room making the Half Beast man. The male looked down at his own form, he had fallen asleep at his work desk once more. 

The beast man stood at three and half feet tall with a brown cloak around his body, the thick cloak having kept the man comfortable during the night, once again it had proved its usefulness for him. The orange furred man looked towards the mirror, the bags under his eyes apparent. He had once again spent far too long awake last night on his work. He checked his facial fur to ensure that there weren’t any chemicals on his fur, there were times where his fur had changed colors due to one of his many accidents.

 

He finished checking his face, a mix of fox and beast man smiling with a grin on his face, brown hair covering half of his face with orange fur covering the space above his nose while white fur covered the bottom half of his face.  He began looking down at his black shirt and pants wiping them down, his four tails raising up over his head in the mirror. Once he finished checking his clothes he stretched, making a happy sort of chittering noise.

 

Spyke: “Hnnnn~ Success! Another experiment passes the testing phase! I am sure I can earn some money with this time!”

 

The half beast man kitsune was named Spyke Hydra the son of a Fox Beast man and a whimsical Kitsune woman. His mother was a fleeting being of nature taking interest in random things in the various planes of existence, he had only met her once, his father was a researcher in the arcane arts, a mage. His father met her during a teleportation trap of hers, and she released him in exchange for a child, after six years a young boy appeared on his father’s steps. His mother had grown bored of him and had decided to let the boy live with his father for the next 50 years. The boy had a happy life with him until his Father’s unfortunate death. Spyke traveled alone from then on in the world immersing himself in his research and his whims. That is not to say that he couldn’t get to know others, but he was a man who followed his desires much like his mother. Unfortunately, money was needed, so he often made products or offered services to help him in his pursuits, something he got from his mother.

Spyke stretched once more before going over to the cabinet next to his work desk, grabbing a few vials of his work. A box sat at the bottom of the shelf marked “dangerous”, filled to the brim with dangerous potions he had come up with in his time. He moved to place the vials of potions to be sold to the guild into a transport box. He brushed aside the books he had filled with his ideas and dreams. Research was his greatest goal. A potion to make himself a full kitsune, to be able to travel with his mother once more.

 

Once the transport box was sealed up, he left his two-story home that he and his father had lived in since his childhood walking down the road towards the Elven Capital of Feridge. The sun had barely risen over the horizon causing the hills of the area to show vast shadows as he walked. The fields of crops showed a beautiful scene which was relaxing for Spyke. Something that hasn’t changed since his childhood.

 

The guards didn’t seem to notice him as did most of the people around him. His passive stealth doing its work in making him nearly invisible to those around him. He gently fixed the hood of his cloak around his neck before walking into the Alchemists guild, a woman with bright blue hair and blue eyes stood behind the counter. She appeared human in her features, though her body was divine, her name was Ionia Pearpetal. Huge breasts that hung down to her stomach, thick hips and ass that wobbled with each movement. She had been blessed by the goddess Dyara. The best part? She is single! Spyke had been working her over for years since she started working at the guild, but he hadn’t quite gotten there with her. 

Spyke’s heart skipped a beat, and he showed a grin on his face. He walked proudly up to the desk placing his box on the counter. The counter was several inches taller than him, which was awkward, most people believed him to be a child, since beast men were often taller than the average human. Ionia knew of Spykes true blood and gently smiled leaning down the counter and positioning her breasts for Spyke to enjoy a good view of.

 

Ionia: “Good morning, Master Spyke. Is this the latest shipment of improved potions?”

 

Spyke: “Indeed it is! May I say Ionia, that dress suits you well. The blue matches your eyes and hair perfectly!”

 

Ionia giggled in response leaning down and massaging Spyke’s ear softly. The massage caused his tails to perk up and wave in pure happiness, this caused her to giggle more towards the cute actions of Spyke. This was the sort of thing that drew her attention towards him.

 

Ionia: “Maybe after work we can finally get that dinner you promised me so much for once…”

 

Spyke’s ears perked up hearing that a soft purr escaping his throat, though his ears flattened on his head.

 

Spyke: “You're not lying are ya? Don’t get my hopes up on this, I would never forgive you”

Ionia smiled faintly before standing up and going business mode her posture became prim and proper, her voice is cold and calculating.

 

Ionia: “Of course not Mr Spyke, you are one of the guild’s best alchemists. You have proven that time and again, now let us get to business.”

Spyke nodded and grabbed a stool towards the side of the counter, he stood on top of that his eyes were able to get a clear view of the woman’s cleavage which caused excitement and stimulation in his heart. He opened the box and placed 30 potions onto the countertop and explained their various effects. Spyke was considered one of the best, the problem was he was wild with what he created. The guild could not hire him to make anything unless he fancied it.  Then again, most alchemists were just as crazy as Spyke with his work, so it wasn’t an uncommon trait. Though Ionia helped the guild with Spyke to get him to make some of the potions that they needed.

 

Ionia pulled out an eyeglass and attached it to her eye, she began to examine the potions while magic ran through the eyeglass. She nodded before looking towards Spyke before putting the eyeglass away.

 

Ionia: “I have confirmed the potions and their effects, thus the guild can purchase them all for 30 gold coins if that is acceptable Mr. Spyke.”

 

Spyke nodded towards Ionia and waited for her to count out the coins before placing them into a small pouch. She leaned forward and pulled his ear before whispering into it.

 

Ionia: “I get off at the Sixth afternoon bell. If you want to make a reservation somewhere.”

 

Spyke’s facial fur turned red and he stood on his toes before nodding towards Ionia, he jumped off the stool and dashed out the door like a mad man. His excitement is getting the best of him. A chance! That is all he wanted.

 

Spyke managed to book one of the best restaurants in town of course on his way out he slipped into a puddle, the sudden noise of his passive stealth wearing off caused a nearby horse to get scared, which caused it to break off of the reins that it was attached to, the reins of the carriage snapped in half flying into the air before breaking various pots hanging off a nearby roof of a flower shop, the pots drop down on top of people’s heads knocking one person out while dirtying the rest in soil.

 

Spyke sat up and swung his cloak around drying himself off and cleaning himself with some <Wash Magic>, once cleaned he sighed happily, not noticing the chaos that had occurred. The events had occurred due to Spykes second passive skill <Misfortune> which caused bad things to happen around him. This skill was often the cause for his lack of social interaction.

 

Spyke didn’t let this get him down, he had a date! So, he wanted to dash forward, though before he could something had gripped his cloak and restrained him. An Elven warrior in full plate had grabbed his cloak which caused his ears to flatten on his head.

 

Spyke: “Good afternoon, sir? How can I help you?”

 

The guard growled softly under his helmet, his grip getting tighter on Spykes collar which restrained his throat a bit. Spykes ears lowered on his head before remaining still, not wanting to cause problems.

 

Guard: “Sir Spyke is it? His royal Highness the crown prince wishes to speak with you in regard to services, of course he will overlook your “Abilities” running wild here once more.”

 

Spyke sighed in defeat going limp in the elven guard’s grip before nodding towards the guard.

 

Spyke: “Alright, I understand… Take me to him...”

 

Spyke was going to have a long night once more it seemed. The prince’s requests were never simple and always complicated, so he was going to do his best to get the job done else he ended up like many others who refused his requests.

An hour later Spyke was in the office of a member of a noble's home,the home in question was a Duke. A famous backer of the crown prince Ightasal. Though the duke in question was nowhere to be found, Spyke was alone sitting in a chair. His clothes had been soaked with sweat once more, hoping for crown prince Ightasal to not give a request he couldn’t fulfill.

 

The door to the office opened and a tall well-built male walked into the office, Ightasal himself. He strolled right past Spyke who had stood up and bowed towards Ightasal. The elven prince ignored the beast man before sitting into the duke’s chair folding his palms across his lap leaning back with a position and attitude of power, his charming smile nowhere to be seen instead a aura of evil intent was leaking from the crown prince.

 

Ightasal: “Alchemist Spyke Hydra I presume?”

 

Spyke turned without raising his head towards the prince before nodding. Knowing about the prince’s attitude whom he had met once before.

 

Ightasal smiled with his charming smile before moving his left palm to motion for Spyke to sit.

 

Ightasal: “Do not worry sir Hydra, I have no plans to make things difficult for you, you may sit once more and speak freely.”

 

Spyke raised his head towards the prince before nodding once, he sat down on the couch staring towards the prince with a neutral look. 

Spyke: “Your highness, it is a pleasure to meet you again, how may I be of service to you?”

 

Ightasal nodded quite happily clasping his palms together with a soft clap, the man’s soulless black eyes gave Spyke a chill, the charms of the elven prince didn’t work on Spyke, so Spyke could sense the man’s evil heart. Knowing this man was no good for his work and desires.

 

Ightasal: “Sir Hydra, I have heard various stories about your work results from the Alchemists Guild. I wish to commission you for various potions of your work, I know some of them are unsavory in nature. Thus, I still wish to purchase them. I will have a guard send you a list later with what I require, my only request is that you don’t mention their sell, and you destroy your notes of the work afterwards.”

 

Spyke’s ears perked up hearing that before folding back down, he nodded towards the prince with silent affirmation. He didn’t want to question the prince more than needed.

 

Spyke: “I agree to your terms sir, most potions don’t take me longer than a day or two at the earliest. I have plans tonight, but I can have them delivered by the end of the week.”

 

An evil smirk appeared on Ightasal’s face as he nodded before pulling out a large bag, a heavy sound of coins could be heard inside of that pouch.

 

Ightasal: “I am paying up front for your services, of course you know what happens if you fail.”

 

Spyke’s face turned serious hearing that before bowing once more towards the prince.

 

Spyke: “Of course sir. I shall get to work as soon as my plans are done tonight.”

 

Ightasal’s grin grew wider before standing up and headed towards the door.

 

Ightasal: “Good, do not fail me and you will be rewarded even more.”

 

Once the prince had left Spyke fell to the ground with a heavy sigh of relief. Cursing his bad luck, he got up and took the pouch, stuffing it into his cloak before heading towards the restaurant he reserved. He had work to do after his pleasure trip with Ionia.

 

 

Only one chapter this week, it's a long side chapter, so let me know what you think in the comments!~

19