Chapter 5: Situation (Questions and Answers)
716 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The void of one’s mind can be empty or filled with dreams.

Authors note: <<Brackets>> are implied to be universal/world announcements. “Quotes” are character speech. “Italicized text” are thoughts. <single bracket> are displayed to characters.

Edited by: Dragodonv2 and Mitch on discord

A soft voice of a priestess echoed inside of the white void causing the white to fade to black, his eyes opened, and the feeling of his sweat covered body returned, he was wrapped up in something warm with something cold on his head. He looked around blinking a few times before looking down seeing the white blanket wrapped around his body. He tried to sit up before a gentle hand pushed him back down. The blue eyes of an elven sister smiled gently towards him. It was Arilemna, the middle-ranked priestess that took care of him, she had bright blue eyes and grey hair. The woman appeared to be in her 40's and soft wrinkles covered her face and hands. She had a modest body under her robes of Dyara, which gave her a motherly feel.

 

Arilemna: “Syvis...Rest...You have a fever; can you tell me what happened little one?”

Syvis: “Ri...right my name is Syvis...now…”

Syvis: “Hello Miss Arilemna...What happened?”

 

Syvis looked towards Arilemna her eyes glowing even in the bright light of the room. The glowing eyes caused Arilemna to blink a few times before rubbing Syvis’s head once more. The action itself calmed Syvis greatly, the woman in front of him had taken care of him as far as he recalls. The voice of the woman soothing his body and mind as if she was a mother to him. After a moment of calming down Syvis leaned up and tried to push Arilemna’s hand away.

 

Syvis: “I am fine Miss Arilemna! Just a bit of a headache...”

 

Syvis attempted to get out of the bed, but Arilemna’s hand kept her in place with a gentle hold. The grey-haired elf shakes her head towards Syvis.

 

Arilemna: “Child, you don’t end up on the ground passed out, covered in sweat from just a headache. What were you doing anyways? Your chair is pushed out, you didn’t fall, did you?”

 

Syvis blinked a bit confused before looking towards where her chair was and then the bookshelf. The bookshelf was missing a book spot, the spot where she pulled out the book of elementary magic, the book was gone completely. Syvis looked towards the chair and the table with wide eyes before looking back towards Arilemna.

 

Syvis: “I... I was reading, and then my head hurt...the next thing I knew I was staring at the stars writing the book...It was like I was the one writing it…”

 

Arilemna blinked a few times tilting her head with a questioning gaze before gently placing the back of her palm against Syvis’s head seemingly checking her temperature. She waits a moment before nodding a bit, seemingly understanding that she was not imagining it.

 

Arilemna: “It sounds like you have a special kind of sight if this is true little one, you are not trying to lie to me, are you? If not, then you might be a special little one. I can call for a priestess who has <Status Open> to check you, it is about time for your first check.”

 

Syvis blinked a few times before looking up towards Arilemna’s eyes, pouting some, before folding his arms into his tiny chest, shaking his head.

 

Syvis:” I’m not lying! I saw it all!”

 

Arilemna smiles down at Syvis before standing back up. She held out her palm for Syvis.

Syvis:“Alright little one, I believe you. How about we go get breakfast?”

Syvis blinked a few times, before pouting some, his cheeks puffed up. He leaned forward stomping his foot onto the ground before taking Arilemna’s hand. He accepted that he wasn’t believed and walked hand in hand with her towards her meal.

Arilemna sat Syvis down in a large hall with dozens of tables setup, priestess’s coming and going

Arilemna sat Syvis down in a large hall with dozens of tables setup, priestesses coming and going. They were happily chatting with each other before several of them stopped and pointed towards Syvis. They waved towards him which caused him to smile and wave back. He felt the love flowing out of each of them in their actions and faces, that all these women were his family.

 

Syvis: “I so wish I was a guy…and I had a sex drive…. This place would be heaven.”

 

He admired all the beautiful women somewhat bitterly before leaning into the table, swinging his legs like a good child would do. Quite happy with all the attention he was getting. 

 

Syvis: “I wonder if there are humans in this world? All I see are species like me.“

 

Arilemna comes back a few minutes later holding two trays of food. It was a well-cooked meal that contained what he assumed was everything his race needed for a proper balanced meal. The food consisted of minced meat with vegetables soaked in some white gravy substance. A few cut fruits on the side with something bouncy that looked like jello.

 

Syvis smiled and reached out to grab a spoon which was big for his palm, he began to eat his food. He had decided that now was a good question to bug Lady Arilemna about the world outside the temple.

 

Syvis: “Will I grow as tall as everyone else, lady Arilemna?”

 

Arilemna was eating her own food, her ocean blue eyes reflecting Syvis’s reflection back to her. She finished chewing the food in her mouth before setting her spoon down. She might have been a noble at some point. She picked up a napkin and wiped her mouth with grace before looking towards Syvis once more.

 

Arilemna: “Well dear, I believe you should. You are a Miracle child after all.”

 

Syvis tilts his head, making a pondering gaze, thinking about that statement, as his eyebrows crease down. After a moment he turned and faced Arilemna with a questioning face.

 

Syvis: “About that Lady Arilemna… What meaning does a miracle child mean? No one has explained it to me.”

 

Arilemna blinked a few times at the questioning nature of the child but decided to chalk it up to her nature of being, well, a Miracle child.

 

Arilemna:” Well little one, let us start at the very beginning, what Is that we don’t have here little one?”

Syvis thought for a moment, thinking about the question presented to him. He looked down at his plate taking another spoonful of the food into his mouth.

 

Syvis: “Well the first thing that comes to my mind is there are no men here in the temple. Is that part of the reason Lady Arilemna?”

Arilemna nods, clasping her palms together, closing her palms in front of her chest before nodding her head.

 

Arilemna: “That is the correct answer, little one. You are very smart indeed. This is a female only temple in the name of the goddess Dyara. We offer our lives and services to her, praying every day. Your mother Nimue received an oracle from the goddess that you are a blessing from the gods. A fatherless child who we can only assume your father is a god of some kind. Though I wonder… How did you hear such a thing?”

 

Syvis blinked a few times before looking towards his plate, hearing it from Lady Arilemna who we trusted caused her to consider it.

Syvis: “Sh...Shit! THINK THINK THINK! WAIT!”

Syvis looked up and before making an innocent smile raising his free hand up to point around.

Syvis: “I heard a few of the priestesses mentioning looking for a man to be a father for them!” 

 

Arilemna’s smile broke for a moment before putting on her smile once more.

Arilemna: “I see, I wonder who might of said that.”

Syvis sighed inwardly before looking back down at his food, keeping up his innocent act.

Syvis: “In my last life, there was Christianity, Buddhism, and alike…Religions that had no valid proof… Is this world the same or different? I need to break that thought process of hers.”

 

Syvis: “Lady Arilemna, are the gods and goddesses truly real? Do they really speak and watch us?”

Arilemna smiled gently towards Syvis before nodding, she picked up her spoon once more looking towards it before looking back towards Syvis.

 

Arilemna: “You are an inquisitive child, in five years you will have your <Status> blessed upon you. Your <Status> is something that the gods grant us upon our tenth year of birth. At that time a god or goddess offers their blessing to every child. You will be no different.”

Syvis blinked a few times tilting his head, eating another spoonful of the gravy and vegetables.

Syvis: “Does that mean that I won’t be leaving the temple like everyone else?”

 

Arilemna shakes her head some before placing her spoon back down, she showed a happy face with that specific question.

Arilemna: “Little one, starting on your tenth birthday, you’re going to visit the castle and meet your grandfather, his Highness Daelir Eimvimar Sylzana. I was informed by some of the priestesses that you’re going to be meeting him to hear the plans for your future. I know that he is excited to have you as his granddaughter. So, look forward to it. You have plenty of time to figure out what you want to do. Your options are not just for this temple, who knows what the future holds for you.”

Arilemna picks up her spoon once more to resume eating her food leaving Syvis to comprehend everything.

Syvis nodded once more before eating his food. He had a lot to think about later.

 

Hello everyone! Enjoy a early chapter! The next few chapters are in the process of editing. I thank everyone who is currently reading the story so far. Also, I have to say names are a paiiiiiin. Sorry for this being a bit of a shorter one once again, but it's mostly world building for Syvis him(her)self. I am steadily expanding and making the chapters longer, but I am skipping over minor events that would only add fluff to the story while adding world building to it all.

Spoiler

I don't want to create a day to day log with her living in the temple so there will be some time skips until we get more action going. The temple is way to safe for it to be enjoyable for story telling.

[collapse]

ANYWAYS! I hope you have a good Thanksgiving!

22