When a chicken can’t decide what colour to pick
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally he's done

He spent a lot of time hunting those specs of mana and evolve so he can finally have some chance of eating the rest of that flower. He doesn't really know why, but something is telling him that he will get something out of it.

//

Evolutionary chart 

- requirements gathered 

-Evolution might give unwanted results, do you still want to continue?

-yes

-no

//

He is a bit hesitant, but he decided to just go for it.

' It shouldn't be that bad,' or so he thought.

His body got enveloped by a blurry light and some changes appeared on his body. As the light receded back, we can see the clear changes on him, his antennas were now free and swaying around in the gentle wind. The tip of both antenna have diamond like shape with a sharp tip and a small hole in the middle that extends throughout the entirety of his antennas. The petals of the rosy shape on his head became longer and softer, now flattering on his back as he float. Weirdly his wings got the illusion of becoming smaller because his abdomen got bigger and so are his legs. It's hard to see, but he now have larger mandible.

He's impressed and happy with his new appearance and excited to see what his capabilities are now. Probably something exciting or so he thought.

//

Evolutionary chart 

-Achieved a new form that sacrifice most of attacking options for a more efficient harvesting and gathering of mana based materials 

-completely immune to physical damage, but also can't make contact with physical matters.

-Very weak to magic based attacks

-Can consume and store spiritual products inside the abdomen for future uses. Antenna can suck mana based materials for storing while mouth is for consuming.

- Gained skill " Mana touch" 

//

( note, he doesn't have sucking skills because his body can naturally do it without the needs of a skill and therefore not classified as one. 

His first skill is a tricky one, it improves what his eyes already have because his species can detect mana, not see them

you can also think of it as a plot hole 

I really could just put this on the bottom, but no one will read the notes if I did and therefore leaving confused)  

He's dumbstruck when he saw that, it took what he doesn't really have in the first place. And mana based materials? What classify a mana based materials different from physical one? It's confusing him, but he's getting some understanding of it. He doesn't really worry about it that much tho. 

What really bothered him is that he still can't make physical contact.

He started checking his body and looking at what the windows described about him, and now what he's good at gathering, he should be fine eating the rest of the flower.

But first he should try his new skill first. If the skill is how the name explains it, it might be a good one. 

He touched a random plant at the side, and even tho he just went through it, one he activated the skill he actually managed to touch something and even land on it. Tho not exactly on the leaf because his legs were still partially submerged 'in' the leaf. But he can feel something inside the leaf that can support his weight. He took at bite and tried to poke a leg on the part he bit and it just went pass it as if nothing is there.

Now he's feeling very good because that solved a lot of his worries.

Now he's starting to get weak and hungry, time to eat.

And so he resumed on his goal to consume the flower, and like as he thought, it much more softer to bite now. Tho it's still a bit too chewy, sticky, and like rubber, he still managed to consume parts of it. He tried using his antennas and he realized it's more efficient this way because it can directly suck without the need to chew and bite. 

He quickly feel his body feeling fuller and decided to just spam spawning seeds to remove the excess energy and continue sucking the juicy bits of the flower.

Hours and hours passed and seeds littered the ground. There are piles of them all around, but his progress is still slow. He's only halfway the stalk and the further down he go the more concentrated the mana become. It's like a viscous sticky liquid, Whenever he suck it's like sucking a mildly solidified sap.

Days passed with no dangers passing by, he continued until he finally achieved it, the last of the roots. 

'Ohhh finally ' he thought as he let go of the completely withered plant.

With a popped, a notification appeared. He's right, he really did got something. He don't know what it is, but he's excited and eager.

//

- A skill got upgraded 

- Seed spawn/ spawn seed= spawn vine 

- Un-upgraded skill version is retained 

//

' Spawn vine? What can it do ?'

He's a bit disappointed because he's expecting something great, but still happy that at least he got something. He used the skill and suddenly all the pile of seeds burst into a forest of vines.

Because of how many seeds there are, it's absolutely tight and even completely wrapped some trees. But in the end, they are just normal weak vines and so even a bird can cut them. They are good for distraction and stalling tho.

Unfortunately for our main character, the consumption is too much to handle and so he's left unconscious under the ground where his body slowly absorb energy from the plants

The incident didn't go unnoticed tho, just nearby was a group of colorful chickens of various feathers. They seems to possess a little bit of intelligence, the largest of them being twice the size of a normal chicken lead his flock towars the curious site. Sweet aroma cover the surroundings. The aroma is coming from the vines and the chickens can't resist it.

Other creatures also came, but they are much more calmer and not affected by the smell and seems to be only curious. But not all creatures are as brave as them, most ran away in fear of a predator.

Soon they lose interest and left. But for the chickens and other little creatures it's an opportunity.

Such a good cluster of vines can be a great hiding place and a fine safe place to live in.

Our protagonist will wake up to something surprising, but now it's time to sleep.

0