C002—Player, R*in
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mankind has always wanted the newest entertainment. Therefore, all technology company always releases breakthroughs to meet customer desires.

Virtual reality games are one of them, technology development in this aspect is the highest compared to other fields.

An Internet forum is getting involved with virtual reality information that is climbing the ladder of achievement in the last year.

Someone opened a chat room entitled [Uniting the Archipelago].

—Ketupat, opened a chat room.

—Ketupat has specified the room to #discuss

[Chat is delayed 15 seconds]

—Joni, joined.  

—RRRg, joined.

Within minutes, dozens of people had entered the chat room.

[Ketupat: Eyy, Asian dwellers. How's it going?]

As others user replies his chat, user Ketupat shows a picture that portrays the chaos in the middle-level dungeon at Way of Semesta in Indonesia.

[Ketupat: It will be very difficult if there is an international event.]

[Duduck: What can we do? They've taken control of the big towns on every island. For sure, it's going to be overwhelming if they're still selfish.]

[Ketupat: Yes.. at least the players who don't agree with them have to fight back.]

[RRRg: Yeah? Where do you want to start? Ask the strong player for help? DO WE HAVE A HUNDRED THOUSAND GOLD?]

[Gras: Well—]

[Frying: Open donation!]

[Cepio: hadeh¹.]

—Grilled_Chick

[Ketupat: Announcer is coming~]

[Grilled_Chick: Dude, did you buy the newest cabin?]

[Duduck: Huh? Is there any?]

[Grilled_Chick: There is. You missed some news, huh? Then it's my job to bring some~ link: interlang.com/news/1878928]

[RRRg: WTH? IT'S $10.000?!]

Chitchats on the forum are an interesting part of the internet scene. Discuss and debate, but at the end of the day, they always share information.

That's the daily life of internet users ....

But when everyone is deafening about the latest news comes. In a dark room, a young man is daydreaming of someone's words, 6 months ago....

"Rain, you have to come back," said someone who was one of the Battle Strike developers

"What do you mean? After closing the game I was playing. Now you are asking me to play that game? Stop talking nonsense!"

“Listen to me, Rain. Way of Semesta is going to be the biggest and most successful game in human history—”

"Then?"

Hujan made the person confused about what else to say, this young man didn't show the will to play games anymore. Nevertheless ....

"I don't want to say this, but...." the person was quite hesitant when he wanted to tell something. Regardless, this was also one of the requests from the old woman.

"Finish it now. After that, you leave!" Hujan said that and then turned to a girl who was sitting in another room.

That girl lowered her head consciously, her blank face was covered by shiny black long hair, no one knew what the girl think. Still, the shaking in her legs could be seen by Hujan. But he didn't accuse her of this accident.

"Alright. It all started from 25 years ago before you were even born...."

Hearing that person's story for 2 hours longs. Hujan was astonished, he had never known about this before, even though the person is closest to him, still....

'Do I know something?'

After sinking to the bottom of the ocean, the reality seemed to push him back to the ground and inflict him to find the lost puzzle pieces.

***

Hujan opened his eyes after falling asleep, he woke up and looked at the clock on his phone. it turns out that there are only 5 minutes left before the time shows 12 at night.

The room is quite dark, Hujan has been inside since noon and the light is still off.

Hujan looked into the corner of his room. There was a high-tech object the size of an adult bed. However, this thing is not for sleeping, but the latest product from a tech company that provides virtual reality cabins.

Even though other people just received information about the sale of this cabin in the afternoon, Hujan already got the newest cabin a month ago.

He hasn't touched it even a bit. But already planning to use it on January 1st, 2056.

Which is only a few seconds left before the time came.

Hujan walked over and took a closer look at the cabin. From a single touch, he could tell that this thing was made of strong material, stronger than the material used in VR Battle Strike tools.

He saw a black box-shaped screen that was equipped with a sensor feature and put his palm on it.

The sensor was detecting Hujan's palm in seconds.

—Zing!

Swooosh—

The cabin door opened as soon as his fingerprints were detected.

—Click.

As the door opened fully, Hujan immediately sat inside the cabin, he had read all the instructions since this thing arrived. He pressed a button near his left thigh and the cabin door began to slowly close.

—Swiiish

Click—

When the door closed tightly, the cabin engine started its program.

❝ S-ZERO-ZERO-ONE-X-Y-Z, Active ❞

The robotic voice of the [S-001-XYZ] series can be heard inside the cabin, which is a female voice—of course.

[ User Data: Accepted ]

[ Security Program: Active ]

❝ Preparing to enter the inner virtual space... ❞

❝ Five ❞

❝ Four ❞

❝ Three ❞

❝ Two ❞

❝ One ❞

Currently, Hujan sights were in endless darkness. He was already preparing for whatever was to come. Though, after a few seconds had passed, things didn't change even a bit.

Just before Hujan complain about bursting out. Gradually a blue light appeared in front of him then changed the saturation to a white color that slowly illuminated the surroundings.

Now Hujan is standing in an all-white room. Regardless, there was one thing that bothered his eyes....

"Welcome to virtual reality, I'm Kindly!" an orb flew towards Hujan.

"Thanks, but before that, could you please remove it?" Hujan pointed at the photo frame showing his face, he was very uncomfortable looking at it.

'I know I'm a good-looking person, but too much to put it there.'

"Okay!" Kindly replied in the female robot voice, "Anything else?" she asked after removing the photo.

Hujan just shook his head when he heard the question.

"So, you've got registered to the system, then.. any questions?" His voice is trembling as it's the first to see Hujan, but he is already registered. It's weird.

"No."

"Alright, you can order me or open the [Guide] if there's anything you want to know about, See ya!" The orb circled, then disappeared in midair.

After that, a screen appeared in front of him, and it was a [Guide] about the entire virtual reality system in the [S-001-XYZ] program.

Hujan reads some clues, especially regarding virtual reality games. It had been a year since he last touched the virtual world. Now, he is quite surprised by the rapid technological updates.

'Just a year and it's become like this?

'How can? Is alien comes to the Earth?'

1 hour just passed, Hujan has checked everything and all of the systems are also installed properly for gaming use. Therefore He intends to play the game.

"Kindly!"

The Orb named Kindly suddenly appeared, "Yes? I'm here!" she replied with a cheerful voice.

"Login to the Way of Semesta"

"Okay! reach the [Way of Semesta] in...."

A countdown appeared in front of him...

[ 7 ]

[ 6 ]

The light in the room slowly drove off, Hujan returned to complete darkness again....

[ 3 ]

[ 2 ]

❝ Are you ready? ️❞

"Yup."

Clunk—clink-clinkclink

In the darkness, a bluish light flickered out of Hujan's palm and began to tread beautifully around it. A few seconds after this scene will be the most exciting part for the whole new player–VRMMORPG Way of Semesta ....

—Whoomp!

The total darkness turned into a beautiful painting that could only be enjoyed at night or on a telescope.

At this moment, in the eyes of Hujan has turned into a dark beautiful space that can't be seen with naked eyes in real life and there are hundreds of starlight entering his eyeballs. One of these stars is the center of the solar system, which is surrounded by 8 planets, and also has the task of illuminating the Earth every day, namely the Sun.

—Huummm

Slowly the sound that is usually heard when playing space-themed games is playing, Way of Semesta tries to give new players a good first impression with well-produced audio, and amazingly visual.

—Whoosh–hish

Suddenly behind Hujan, there was a meteor rock that passed behind his body. It then surprised him who was focused on enjoying his first experience.

"They really know how to get people, huh?"

❝ Welcome to the Way of Semesta ❞

Again, a female voice from the system greeted him, it sounded like a robot with a more mature character.

❝ Semesta will scan your data to the system ❞

《 S-001-XYZ: Accepted 》

《 Game System: Updated 》

《 User Data 'Hujan Al Petrichor': Accepted 》

❝ Please, make your character ❞

—Swiizz

A figure who was the same height as Hujan appeared, "Mannequin? With this detailed?" he spun the mannequin and was so mesmerized by the shape, and contours of his face that closely resembled it.

"Should I change it?" Hujan asked the system.

❝ No, you can adapt it to your real body ❞

"Then, I don't need to change it," Hujan replied after thinking for a moment, "Let this be like the real me."

❝ Accepted ❞

Hujan was still looking at the mannequin in front of him carefully.

❝ Since only the Human race is currently available, the character selection has been completed ❞

《 System is preparing Character.... 》

'So there will be another Race? Some kind of Elf, and Orc? Oh, one more thing, Dwarf...' thought Hujan with his limited knowledge of MMORPG Fantasy games.

《 Character Accepted 》

《 The character unification process will be carried out 》

Now, Hujan has completely entered the mannequin's body, and he just realized that he was only an orb.

'O—kay...'

《 Character unification process is completed 》

—Swoosh–hiiiishh

A slab of silver-colored stone slid towards Hujan at high speed and stopped right in front of him.

All of the stuff that was happening constantly is tickled his soul, "Hadeh¹..."

'Maybe I could die if this kinda scene continues,' thought a former professional player in the VRFPS genre that always got random bullets by any chance.

❝ Carve your nickname on the stone ❞

❝ However, based on the data received by the system, User 'Hujan Al Petrichor' has the right to choose the nickname 'Rain'. Do you want to use it? ️❞

Hujan was quite surprised to hear that nickname again after 1 year of absence from the gaming world. The nickname 'Rain' which has the highest popularity among E-Sport fans has become like his own identity. However, for now....

"Is there something special if I using it?"

❝ No, our system only saved the nickname 'Rain' in honor of the user 'Hujan Al Petrichor' ❞

❝ The nickname 'Rain' can only be used by one player, namely the user 'Hujan Al Petrichor' ❞

"What happens if I don't use it?"

❝ We're will treat it the same as now, and other users still can't use it ❞

Hujan was silent for a moment, he pondered about the issue of his past nickname. Anxiety wrestled in his heart. Repeating his heyday with 'Rain' or making a new journey with another name, he was really confused, 'Rain.. rain.. ra—'

"Okay, just saved the nickname," said Hujan with his unanimous decision.

❝ Please engrave your nickname ❞

Hujan started to carve the stone with all hopes he wanted to achieve while playing the VRMMORPG Way of Semesta.

'Becomes a king? No,

'Savior? No,

'Maybe a wise man! Yup.. that way I can find out more about my puzzle.'

❝ Nickname accepted ❞

《 All requirements to enter Way of Semesta have been completed 》

《 System is processing your character data 》

Hujan stared far away at the shining ball in this vast sky, 'Can I get close to that thing and gain those shiny to myself?' he chuckled as he thought about it,

"It seems wisdom thoughts is starting to taking shape on me."

《 System has finished processing your character data 》

❝ Congratulations on starting a long journey the wise player ❞

Hujan was surprised when he heard those words, his heart seemed to burst out, 'They're read my mind?!'

He forgot that he had said a few sentences–namely, 'Wise thoughts are taking shape'–and the system could remember, calculate, then predict millions of times faster than humans.

《 You are invited to enter the Exclusive Zone〙! 》

《 Go to Exclusive Zone〙within.... 》

《 10 》

《 9 》

"Eh? EXCLUSIVE ZONE?!! Isn't it to—"

❝ Enjoy your journey and be careful! We will be waiting for your development in Way of Semesta... ❞

《 2 》

❝ Player, Rein! ❞

Swoosh—

Rein directly slid from space to the Earth, he was in free fall at an incredible speed.

'This is what it means to be careful?'

.

1