C003—Exclusive Zone
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rein plunged at an extremely high speed. Previously he was outside the Earth's Atmosphere, but now he about to penetrate the 4th layer, namely the Thermosphere.

He shot down like a rocket trying to break out of a gravity prison, but the opposite.

Whoo—


[ You just broke through the Thermosphere ]

'Fortunately it's only VR, if it's true...' Rein thought as he kicked the blue ocean of Earth.

Each layer of the Earth's Atmosphere penetrated by him in less than 1 minute. Soon Rein will penetrate the last layer, namely the Troposphere.

—SWOOSH

[ You just broke through the Troposphere ]

[ Welcome to the 〘Earth〙, Rein ]

WHOOMP—

His fell over speed slowly decreased after passing through the Troposphere and change to flying mode, Rein was being controlled by the system. Now, he glides more relaxed, and can enjoy the view from a height of 10 kilometers above the Earth's surface.

'Is It always like this?' Rein thought as he looked in all directions, and what surprised him the most was the refraction of light and the curvature of the Earth—Rein is not a flat earther, just in advance.

"Clouds?"

Rein was suddenly faced with a large cloud. From its appearance, it looks like a cloud that ready to pour down the water.

Before he had time to think, Rein had been brought and flying into the cloud, he could feel the cold air when it came into contact with this natural phenomenon.

Shortly after Rein flew into the clouds, he could see a ray of light from behind the pile of clouds in front of him.

The light that was in yellow color slowly getting clearer in his eyes...

Whizzz—whoomp

My head was spinning around as I was surprised what is came out behind the cloud.

'Is this?'

[ Welcome to 〘Exclusive Zone〙]

The vast expanse of land immediately spoiled my eyes. Trees grow tall and you can hear the gurgling of water from the river.

When I looked around, this place was shrouded by clouds on the ceiling.

'Unique design'

There's no sunlight, the only light appears in this place was comes from the clouds that cover all over this place. The cloud gave off a yellowish glow like fireflies in the night.

'So there's no sun, huh?'

Even so, the light is able to illuminate the entire place in the Exclusive Zone.

'But it doesn't matter, because I'm here to meet someone.'

I looked around, but still couldn't find the whereabouts of the person I was looking for, "Where is he?"

When I was just thinking about it, suddenly a screen notification things appeared in front of me

—Ding!

[Quest: Come here!]

"Come here?" I said as I read the blue screen.

I didn't understand what was happening and could only continue to think with all suspicions in my head.

"Open Quests."

[ Quest

◊ Main Quest

◊ Side Quests

◊ Daily Quest

◊ Special Quests*]

As the notification closed, another screen appeared in front of me on blue color.

"Oh, there's a detail feature? But...."

I looked at the screen. Even thought this is my first time playing Way of Semesta, I can't doubt my experience in game scene. They always use the same UI.

"So it's a Special Quest?" I said.

Tab on the Special Quest flickered and gave off a light indicating there was something new that had not been seen by me.

Then I immediately pointed my finger to open the tab

'How special it could be for a Quest to categorized as a Special Quest?'

I immediately opened the quest and a brief explanation was displayed there, which very short.

[Come here!

Grades: ???

Fast!

Reward's: ???

Fail: ???]

"I don't understand and I want to pat his head," I said it after read the Quest description.

—Ding!


Notification screen appeared again.

[Quest: Come here! (2)]

"Looks like a waste," I said while make a poker face. I just can't stand it, my PTSD grown quickly after read that.

I opened the quest again. However, this time it was got little different. A few, at least.

[Come here! (2)

Grades: ???

Fast!
 
Check Map! 

Reward's: ???

Files: ??? ]

"NPC or Player. I WILL DEFINITELY pat him and check his IQ." I was got curious about the creature behind this Special Quest.

'I'm surely gonna pat his head. No doubt.'

"Open Map."

Map screen appeared and showing the Exclusive Zone land, I could see marked point that indicating the meeting place for Special Quest.

"He's at the Center?"

According to the Map Exclusive Zone, I was in the South and it says the comparison between the originall and map is 5000:1.

[5000 meters equal to 1 centimeter.]


'And this map is 30 centimeters wide,' I suddenly held my breath as calculated it.

'Five ...

'One hundred ...

'ONE HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND METERS?!'

"That's really huge, right?!"

Inside the Exclusive Zone Map, there are various types of places and some symbols that represent them.

I've been trying to touch the symbols in hopes of an explanation coming out. However, it turns out that there is no information appears and only displays the name of its place.

One of them is the location of Special Quest meeting point, namely, "Lord Mansion?"

'Lord... maybe an NPC?

'Well, I have to get out of here first.'

I immediately started my journey to the Special Quest rendezvous. Not like when I fell from space to Earth. Right now, I can move my own body, but the flight speed has slowed down by 100 times.

'If it's like this, then I can get hurt?'

When flying in the air, I can feel the wind blowing towards me.

'Too real.'

I've been in the air for a few minutes, however, this lush forest has not yet seen the end, as if this place really only consists of forests and rivers.

Because all this time I only saw greens, sound of insects and voice of river.

'If there are insects, then there are other creatures too, right?'

"Beasts..." I continued.

I stop at the middle and looked aroundd immediately, the whole place was still filled with lush trees. The ground can't be seen at all, I don't know what's behind them.

'High level beasts. Are they around here? There's no way I'll die right away when I start playing right?!'

My heart instantly beat quite fast as I thought about the danger that would emerge from behind these trees.

I kept turning my head from left to the right nervously. Regardless, from the look in my eyes, I saw something on a hill far away.

'What's that?'

On the hill there was a strange shape. I can't recognize it at this distance. It's in 200 meters away.

'High level Beast?'

My instincts told me to get out of here. Still it was overcome by the curiosity within me, which I knew it was worst decision to make later on. It really can be a high-level Beast.

I didn't take it seriously, because it only looks like a black shadow with a height of about 10 meters and I can only identify one thing, there are 6 large tails moving in the air.

The more I stared at it, the appearance aren't became clearer instead the temperature around me continued to decrease, even my breath emitted smoke.

I initially assumed it was cold air in the Exclusive Zone, but it lasted a moment until one notification popped up in front of me.

[Affected by Silence Season]

[Temperature will continue drop to -1000°C]

'Is this the skill? How is even possible?! I was staring at him from hundreds meters away.'

"I have to leave!"

I immediately turned around and gave all of my powers to leave this place. Although it didn't reduce my Health, this temperature made it difficult for my joints to move.

'I might die right away if the temperature drops to -100°C'

My flying speed also seemed to decrease as the cold temperature brushed my body.

Then another notification appears.

[Body temperature keeps dropping]

[Movements (-30%)]

"This is bad!"

[(!) You can't move even an inch if this goes on! Find warm spot! (1000m) from here! Fast! ]

"Don't make me panic! Turn it off!" I said in hurry, seeing the warn only made me panic.

[ ARE YOU SURE WANT TO TURN OFF THE 'SU-VICE' SYSTEM? ]

"Turn it off! Don't threaten me with caps!"


[ CHANCE OF LIFE WILL BE REDUCED 99%. 9.9 out of 10 PLAYER DIE DUE TO DISABLED THE 'SU-VICE' SYSTEM. THINK AGAIN! ]

"Uhm.. okay.. don't do it!" I almost fell when found out this strange fact.

[ Received ]


'Is that even a thing? 99% of players can die simply from disabling it? Either the players are too lousy or there are just too many terrible threats in the Way of Semesta.'

"I have to ask her this," I said after remembering the game maniac girl.

I had already flown away from where the Beast was. But, my movements were getting slower and it felt like my body was unable to withstand the effects of Silence Season.

[Body temperature keeps dropping]


[Movements (-50%)]


My flying altitude has also decreased and I can fall at any time.

[(!) The temperature around you drops to -50°C]


[(!) The temperature around you will continue to drop to a maximum of -400°C. You have no counter attribute, chance of dying (100%)]


[(!) 372 meters left to get to warm places! Ganbaru!]

'It's touch 50°C already and I've only covered 600 meters?!'

"Huh..."

My breath is getting heavier.

'What a shame...'

—Whoosh-swoosh


Breeze—

The wind even became cooler than before

Rein staggered in the air, his body unable to endure the cold any longer, so he decided to get down and wait for his death to come while leaned back on the tree.

He also thought strangely about the system in Way of Semesta, he thought it was too specific for that to exist...

"SU-VICE?" Rein staring blankly at the sky and trying to ignore the extreme weather by rubbing his palms concurrently.

"An unique system... even the players have become extremely dependent on it."

[Movements -90%]

"Ha-ha-ha..."

[(!) You will die in 10 seconds]

Rein had given up and enjoyed the pain inside him. He could only muster his strength to draw in the oxygen.

Nevertheless, absurd circumstance happened….

[ Telepathy connected ]


❝ ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?! ️❞

Rein heard a shout from inside him. Although he don't know what this means, when he saw the notification about Telepathy, only one thing popped into his head, which was to speak with his mind.

'Who are you?'

❝ IT'S WAS A FATE YOU'RE STILL ALIVE! I ACCIDENTLY TURN IT ON! ️❞

❝ HOW MANY PEOPLES THERES?! ️❞

'What do you mean? I'm alone and lonely at here...'

❝ SS-SOLO?! THERES NO ONE BESIDE YOU?!! ARE YOU THE STRONGEST HUMAN IN THIS AGES?!! ️❞

'Me? The strongest human? Are you joking?! But if now is a reverse day, then it's true... I AM THE STRONGEST HUMAN THAT WILL DIE IN 5 SECONDS!'


1