Chapter 6 The story of Imperios Voda
134 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Jakim watched the single dragon sail through skies with his brethren, the dragon nudges towards a fellow dragon beside him.

“ Oi, Nuda , how have you been”

“ Not much, just boredom, how’s your Voda”

“ Really, I just saw you talking to those wyvern females at Tree island, ”

“SHUT IT!!!!”

Nuda clawed at Voda, but was blocked by another claw.

“So you have been talking to other females........HUH!”

A bigger dragon appeared, a female dragon, she immediately smacked Nuda without any mercy.

“AHHHH!”

“hahahah!!”, Voda roared at the scene

“ Shut it”

“You know I think I also saw you talking to those Water dragons females too!”

“Oh did you now”, said the humongous dragon rapidly approaching Nuda

Voda left and flew to the nearby coast, leaving his so called friend to his certain doom, while flying by the coast, he noticed a see shell clawed on the ground.

“ Nice, this will be good for the old collection”

Grabbing it and flying off to his home cave in the Central Continent.

Coming across a large city outside the steep hills, he landed with grace and then began racing through what could be streets or to any person, valley-like tendrils that sprouted across the land. The hilly substance in the area was already strange enough, but when you look deeper across it looked like veins around the land crisscrossing in so many strange places like a spongy filament.

But a dragon racing as if it’s the marathon is already bad enough, no, it could even be insane, the force and weight of a dragon racing would be half a locomotive going down the Utah railine, so for the more confused group, its like the equivalent of a Toyota Hilux which already known for its almost supernatural durability, it crashing into your house and its force just increasing from the impact, so pretty horrifying and nonsensical for anyone involved.

So of course not everyone approved of the marathon runner.

Especially that rapidly approaching nightmare.

“ hey,hey, DAMN’ Voda!!!!!, the hell are doing, stop racing, there are cubs around the area,”, roared the skyscraper size Dragon that was rapidly approaching Voda without any concern for the surrounding structure.

“OH LAWWD”, Voda screamed as he too noticed the giant dragon.

Dragons of the baseline firebreathing race go through a evolutionary quite inconsistent with how you usually see evolution, when a Dragon of the main baseline breed becomes older it usually gets stronger, but their was a caveat, it was often because dragons absorb mana at a rate that would make them almost scary to think about, a dragon that lives long enough to absorb Mana, they become more powerful and ascend to a higher status of dragon, the highest status of dragon was an Enlightened dragon, which were extremely powerful dragons that eat other dragons, something that’s almost terrifying for even the most powerful normal dragons. Less than 2% of dragons were enlightened becomes most dragons lived in a wolf pack culture where the strongest was on top. So there was high death rate of dragons standing at 20-42%, it was almost nightmarish seeing such numbers, but it was normal and it kept resources at stable exploited levels.

Voda’s parents went through such a rate of transformation, since they weren't extremely violent and kept away from the competitive culture. They grew with their wisdom and observed that mana was extremely key, so they practiced Mana exhaustion which pushed their normal capacity way beyond normal and allowed them to absorb more Mana at a higher rate.

Kati, Voda's mother went through a much faster evolution by cannibalizing other dragons in her family and also practiced Mana exhaustion. This plus with the fact that female dragons were larger on average. To most males, mating was just another dangerous journey to enlightenment.

“Ma you have got to chill!! You just broke a cliff!”

“Don’t tell me to chill, dumbass!!!”

The giant dragon after breaking apart a nearby cliff as it tried to catch up to our marathon runner, kept at it. Uncaring for her surrounding or innocent lives as she rattled through the area and kept unleashing sonic booms with her wings.

To some this will herald a disaster of cruel proportions, but it wasn’t for the dragons, since this was just normal, which is stretching it even for the dragons. The dragon species first arose on the planet several million years ago from a pack of dumb lizards and rising to flying behemoths, so to most it was an evolutionary success.

A battle of life and death occurred between mother and son, it of course ended with a half dead son and a mostly traumatized group of onlookers.

>>> Family home

“You need to be a good little dragon if you want to live long, Voda” bellowed Kati,” You can contribute so much if you love living and not dying before your parents.”

“Whose fault was that, huh?” Voda retorted

“ Now sweetie, whose faults don’t matter if you can't back it up with strength”

“ Hey old man, when are you going to divorce this nutjob mother, take me with you before this psycho kills me!” Voda turned to his final hope, his father, Mil, a Enlightened Dragon who specializes in farming gnat flies.

“ Hey don’t bring me into this punk!!” the old man reclining screamed back,” I’m still recovering from her trying to eat me last month at the pack festival.”

“ That’s not my fault!!! And you know its because of you lathering yourself into that scrumptious plant oil!” Kati roared back.

“This oil isn't some signal to kill, you bitch queen”

The father remarked while bringing out the tiny bottle of plant oil, waving it about.

The scene was quite normal for this family with a genocidal and insane cannibal mother, a father dealing with the insanities of his world, and a son that is often the target of violence. While both were arguing about whose fault it is. The father started to notice what the son who already noticed and left the living saw coming, while they argued the mother was suspiciously drooling.

The father in his absolute wisdom didn’t notice that he spilled some of that exact plant oil on himself while arguing. Dragons being insanely huge, of course won't notice something as insignificant as a bottle sized cache of plant oil.

The mother smelled it instantly but kept arguing, the son already noticing, went outside the room to his room. The change in the mother’s expression was ominous, her eyes of bewitching red turned green and drool started to build and was overflowing.

The father started to sweat with anxiety, he knew it was wise to deescalate the rapidly incoming storm but:

“Run boy!!! I have seen that look before, she had that look before ate my friend”

The old dragon got up and scrambled out the castle, flying away screaming about the World Eater has returned.

Voda looked a bit horrified at his father’s outburst from his part of the castle, he was in his room getting ready to leave the castle for safety, but that wasn’t important right now, it suddenly got quiet, too quiet.....

The torches went out, possibly the wind or.............. someone breathing.

“The flames went out....hahah”, Voda nervously laughed as he kept looking around for his mother that suddenly disappeared.

“ heyyyyy honey, you smell good, you got a date, sport”, a voice whispered into the dark halls as Voda stared into the abyss.

“No...”

Voda had a secret plan of great fortitude, it was a plan that only succeed, he was going to blow up the castle with his mom in it.

Now the average size of a dragon of Voda breed was around 70 feet, his Father stood at 100 feet and the Mother was at 200 feet.

The castle home was 500 feet, it obviously wasn’t enough to hold her back, but it was the only way to slow her down.

The only way was of course magic.

6