Chapter 7: The reckoning of Imperious Voda
128 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Imperious Voda was the oldest Dracon in a family of Dracon, the difference between dracons and the baseline dragon weren’t much but they evolved and split off into their breed, it wasn’t much different from you would see the variety of dogs. The difference was how they controlled Magic. Dracon control their inner Magic and had no expertise in Outer magic.

The idea of Magic is a rather recent one for the dragon race, but because of the brutal race wars with the other species of the planet, there was a need for stronger outlook on Magic. You see the species only had expertise in Enhancement Magic, which hard to explain when they are already born powerful.

Magic was split off into three usages: Outer Magic ( Outer Control), Inner Magic(Inner Control), and Combination Magic ( Combinational Control).

Just by looking at the names, you get the gist.

Inner Magic was controlling the Magic that’s naturally occurring inside you while Outer Magic was manipulating the outside environment that was overflowing. Combination was the melding of both and was more difficult, but in simple it was literally becoming one with the universe and creating an action, creating storms and such were in the realm of Combination and was extremely difficult because the closest description of becoming one with the universe was actually being dead.

Each Magic had three Arts of Being and each was named in the specified locations:

  • Inner Magic

Enhancement

Change of Being

Mind Art

  • Outer Magic

Elementals

Non-Elementals

Enchantments

  • Combinational

Summoning

Soul Art

Divine skills

Magic for the dragons was in a more spiritual sense about rebirth or reincarnation myths and they limited themselves to certain sections of Magic. Because of this, dragons often had the weakest position on the world. Everyone was rather aware of this in the dragon peoples, but the gap was too big to overlap, so dragons began experimenting with Enhancement Magic.

Enhancement magic, is just like how you would it works. It makes you stronger and faster in every way. So the dragons become super dragons after using it. It was that simple. But it came in levels of perception. When an observer looks upon someone committing Magic, the Mana comes from their Inner or Outer, it was easy to estimate what strength it had by the number of inscriptions on the formation, if it was too complex, then it was a strong spell.

Complexity was bad and good, nobody had infinite Mana, so most people dropped dead or lost their capability to do Magic. And Magic was experimented with trial and error, so most people who had Magic died and tales resembling Aesop tales came about to warn people about experimentation.

For Voda, his plan of blowing up the castle with his mother in it wouldn’t even solve the problem, most likely he will end up tonight’s main dish. But this was important, his mother’s sudden fall from smothering mama to nutjob cannibal wasn’t something to retort to or laugh about. His mother was in the top 30 of the strongest dragons in existence, she will kill everyone if she isn't stopped. That’s why Voda crossed his fingers, hoping his runaway father can get a subjugation force of a couple hundred dragons fast enough before his turned into dinner, all to take down the cannibal mama.

“ Okay I think....that will hold”

Voda was in one of the deepest parts of the catacombs where some treasures are hoarded, putting together several enchantments on top of some elemental's magic formations.

He planned each of them in several of the most unstable parts, all needing a little push to go tumbling down.

He could hear the hurried trembling of the above floors, a skyscraper sized dragons was moving rather briskly through the halls, licking its lips with loud smacks.

“ Oh lord, I don’t even taste that good”, Voda moaned,” damn this isn't even cannibalism anymore, its just plain madness, fucking crazy ass mama”.

“I haven't done nothing to deserve this madness”

Placing the last trap aside, Voda now needed the monster’s attention.

Peeking through the cracks, Voda saw the eternal day of Valak, never in his entire life has Voda ever seen the night, living on a tidally locked plane unfortunately made that a common experience, works the same way for the giants who have never seen sunshine.

“okay , lets do this shit.....Elemental Art: Water Bomb!!!!”

Casting the spell without a hitch, hydrogen and oxygen atoms started to come together into particles, water particles starting forming and twisting around.

“Enhancement Magic: Overdrive spell!”

The next spell casted causes a huge spell formation facing down to appear, it causes the previous spell to increase in magnitude in proportion to the Inner Mana within the caster. The water particles immediately turns into heavy water, due to heavier mass. The Water spell attack increases volume to the point the entire hallway was filled.

“Now!!!”

Pointing his right claw against the ceiling to the upper floors where his mother was stalking for her next meal. All the water in the room immediately lurched into the celling cracks and begins a trampling attack upon the monster upstairs.

The entire ceiling collapsed suddenly from the mass of water that gathered strength as it kept it target locked on. The tornado like spurt of water was enormous and resembled almost a giant hose of water jetting across a room. Except this was larger than a building, if such a thing appeared in New York, it would take down three building in one go and not just any building, actual skyscraper sized ones.

Hearing screams from the top floors, Voda immediately starts sprinting towards the end of the other hallway turning left and then right, he then starts galloping towards the inner catacombs, which actually led out to the waterfall underneath the house. It was going to be a hard day.

But as he was speeding down towards the hallway, he felt a chill down his spine.

Then a tremor shook the entire house, it was so loud and crazy. The walls shook and the entire scenery started to change, it was almost scary as Voda's entire field of vision started to morph into misshapen shapes that contradict the previous reality, this was crazy and unbelievable. But as Voda stared as the misshapen forms immediately clasped into each other and the walls that covered each side of the hallway was no more, a dead end appeared right in front of him.

"No way...no way.....That's the 13th level spell, Illusion's Depiction on the Natural Order....!!!!!"

Horror covered Voda's face, the 13th level was Magic that almost seemed mythological even for a world like Valak, but the 13th level was just that amazing. Most gods can easily do it and most enlightened beings can do it it sparingly. But the 13th level was dangerous because, Magic was already dangerous the higher the level the spell was. And Spells need Mana, and no matter what, a spell's activation needs the right amount of Mana, so it often sucked dry the user which kills them and the Spell often fails anyway, making the whole debacle quite unbelievable. Its why Magic is heavily studied before people who are able to use it, gets to use it and by then the fear of death in an already scary world makes people use it less.

Now the Spell known as "Illusion's Depiction on the Natural Order", causes exactly what the name states, an illusion being temporarily molded into the present environment, but the difference is how many times it can be used figuratively, you can change a building into a melon, but the inside will be a building no matter what, the spell is practically a hard holographic overlay onto the reality everyone sees through and the effect is only  based on how much Mana you possess, if your an Enlightened Dragon then even changing an entire scenery from someone's point of view like a mountainside with forests as far as the eyes can see to something like a huge ocean isn't really impossible.

But the simple use of the Spell from Voda's viewpoint meant that this mother-son cannibal game just became more dangerous  then it should.

5