Chapter 7.1: Runaway dragon
108 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the cat & mouse game was occurring in the family home, the runaway father, Mil, was speeding towards the top of the Iska Mountains. The supposed quaint family meal ended in chaos and his only son was being hunted and he was running away. But it's not like his actually abandoning his flesh and blood, absolutely not, if he does, his career as a responsible dragon would be over. But, the insane possibility of being dinner didn’t really excite him, so he immediately took the first chance he got, but right now he was feeling absolute terror. Being both accomplished Dragon Mages, Mil and his son, Voda, are both trained for Emotional Melding, and right now, all he feels is his son’s inexplicable fear of being tomorrow’s main dish.

“shit, what am I going to do, shit, shit, shit”

“ I need to go back....but.....that beast is too strong.....in a couple hundred years......she might be able to solo against a god”

Gods are the pinnacle of true power in the Spiral universe, beings of unimaginable intelligence and crazy combat ability. Perfect and virtually immortal, they were the beings that mortals all around worship. But how does one become a god?

It actually was kind of impossible, but through certain rituals, a mortal being can become a god, but the chances were so unbelievably impossible that the chances of winning a rigged gambling match seventeen times in a row was more likely. And most if not, all gods were born through a very different way, either through birth of two godly parents or manifestation. A demigod had a very different path to become a god, they needed to gather enough divinity to force an evolution of ascension.

Kati, is actually a demigod daughter of Bout, dragon god of strategy and war, the dragon god is well known for his horrible sense of judgement and cruel hoarding of various treasures of many races, so it's not a stretch to say he isn't well-liked by anyone including dragons. And his daughter hasn’t exactly helped his image in anyway either.

It's actually quite difficult to fight an already overpowered demigod like Kati, but to literal gods, she’s nothing but small fry. That’s what Mil knew and was now acting on those beliefs.

But Mil knew something that even Kati didn’t know about her father, his weakness which he even kept from all other gods. Through this plan, even Mil saw hope for everyone in this situation including his cannibal wife Kati.

“I got to speed this shit up”

“But seriously, why did her crazy ass go berserk the minute my dumbass got covered with that tonic” groaned Mil in exasperation,” Honestly it was just a micro drop, but now my son is about to be eaten and not in the good kind of way.”

Aerobraking through the air, Mil sped towards the bottom of the mountain, being careful not to trip any alarm spells that might be in the vicinity, the area was well known for its delayed Explosion Spells which has claimed many lives of robbers and thieves.

As he swam through the bright blue skies, Mil started to speed up his wings, flapping in desperation and dodging and skating past any invisible magic formations that might be in the area. He looked around the area and quickly found what he was looking for.

"There it is......."

Landing in a meadow in the backdrop of the scorching Sun, Mil gazed at a tree that glowed golden, showering the area with bright lights, but if you look carefully at the strange scene, you would immediately notice a group of dragons bunched up together in a semicircle watching the Sun. The dragons resembled giant upright snakes with strange feathery hair covering their back and scales on their bottom side, their hair glowed silver while their scales looked red like blood. Think about a Chinese dragon with a silver back and red bottom side and four legs.

These dragons were the closest thing towards the gods and especially to Bout, since all kinds of dragons existed from winged to no wing and those with even humanoid draconic shapes. These dragons especially were members of Bout's entourage, a group of demigod and mortal dragons who follow Bout around and follow his teachings.

As Mil flew closer to communicate with one of them, one of the dragons looked up and seemed to be.......gathering Mana .......

" Wind of God, Attack!!"

" Woah woah !!!! Wait.......gahhaha......kakakka....... shit!!!"

The dragon casted a wind spell immediately without hesitation, many streaks of Wind abounded together and was brought together for a giant Wind Slash, the attack was so fast and sudden that it hit Mil's left wing and he was immediately brought down to the ground, he landed on the bushes and skated through the mud. 

" wha.....what the fuck was that for dumbass..... I just need to talk...."

Getting up from the dizzying attack with a bleeding wing and mud covering his snout, usually with this provocation, he would be ready to fight but now wasn't the time for it. The speed of casting and unleashing was unprecedented for Mil.

" Look..... calm down...please"

Tired from the journey and injured, Mil wasn't crazy enough to pick a fight with them, he needed their help above all. Dragging himself towards them slowly and begging was all he could.

Suddenly the scenery from Mil's view was black.

"Please I beg of........"

Hitting the ground with a whack, Mil was knocked out cold.

.....

....

"The fuck did you do!!!"

"owowow!!!... calm the fuck down.... his not dead!!!!"

" Unprovoked attacks are illegal, you know.... what if Lord Bout saw that!"

" Well, I wouldn't be here right now, would I!!"

The Bout followers were now assaulting Mil's attacker with punches and tail attacks, the unprovoked attack was life threatening towards Mil even though it seemed like an attack somebody would have tanked it with no problem, but these dragons were already considered abnormal by dragon standards because of being a god's follower, so of course the attack was hundred times worse than normal.

" I personally know this reptile!!!", screamed the dragon who was slapping in anger.

While the dragons argued around and kept hitting the attacker, Mil who was watching the scenario was more confused than ever, the dragons that were known to be some of the wisest were acting like a bunch of drunkards who might have been sniffing the quarry glue. He looked up to these dragons, but it's true what they say, "Never meet your heroes"..............

'.............???'

'................. Wait nobody has ever said that '

" Where the hell did, I even get that", whispered Mil in confusion.

.....

.....

.....

The situation for the dragons has entered its most dangerous spot, a rampaging cannibal that's too powerful even for 100 dragons. A rascal dragon trying to fight his unquestioning destiny of being someone's lunch. A runaway but remorseful dragon who just abandoned his son to and who should probably stop thinking and start doing. 

...

And of course, an overwhelming and omnipresent existence that is watching this entire scenario like it's some kind of opera show.

 

 

4