Chapter 7.2: Lord Bout’s Palace of Light
104 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So let me get this straight, you ran away from Lady Kati, your son is about to be Kati’s lunch, and you need Lord Bout to clean up your mess, is that right”

“Yes, I know its presumptuous and kind of disrespectful, but I need his help.”

Mil and a priest Dracon and were walking down a dark hallway, they entered through a grove that looked too small for a dragon, but the priest Dracon did something with his claw and suddenly the shelf opened into a giant catacomb like stairway going down. After leaving the gathering of Bout’s Followers. Mil wasn’t feeling as cheery as he was earlier, honestly, he was pissed as hell, nothing was going great since his escape from Kati and right now, he really wanted to die.

“Mr. Mil, I don’t know what to say, but I do hope Lord Bout helps you in your time in need” groaned the priest Dracon,” But you do know that this will not end well.”

As they walked further into the hallway, the scene became more pinkish from the previous black.

“Wow, looks like the Lord has some style”

“Yes, oh yes he does”

The pair stared at the pinkish room that almost seemed heavenly, the walls glowed a whitish hue with strange runes place all around the area, the place almost seemed anxiety-inducing till you notice the weird glowing slugs in a corner of the room.

“Those aren’t what you think they are”

‘The hell is he talking about........It can’t....be’

Mil immediately looked at the Dracon with apprehension and anger, it was a face full of anger and suspicion, obviously any person or being would look at the idea with fury.

“Hey, it's not my fault, Lord Bout just has a thing for using them of course”

‘Of course, someone like you wouldn’t have the capacity to use such a power easily”

The World of Valak, no, the Spiral itself, the entire plane of existence is well known for its strange elements and unknown beginnings. But there has often been a metaphysical question that all of the Spiral’s inhabitants from the most distant star system to Valak’s home star has often questioned: Life after death?

Such a concept is quite strange even in the Spiral, is death truly an end?

But those of the Spiral have answered the beguiling question. The Soul does exist in some capacity and it does wander long after death, this unfortunately drew many cultural and philosophical questions to the table and often many corrupt individuals or groups would find ways to defile even the dead .The first known Death Magic user was of Giant origin with a rather confusing name that’s untranslatable, she used the dark nexus energy of the Soul and Mana to create a bond of existence that somewhat tethered her to the universe itself, that’s rather confusing when a person thinks about it, the simplest idea was that she became immortal through breaking causality itself, nothing will harm in the past or future, she virtually will exist no matter what, disintegrating her into atoms will be useless because the universe will find a way to make her exist, but with all great forays of power it came with a price. She needed Souls, countless Souls to keep the machine rolling.

And Souls were plentiful, they were everywhere, Souls were tethered usually to the place they died as mortals. They also lived on the countless dead planets that existed in the Spiral, lingering on for eternity. This Souls unfortunately caused mass disturbances in the universe, usually things die and stay dead, but because of the unknown elements of Mana, the memories and mind of mortals become synergized which becomes the Souls after death, and this was unusual because even unknown bacteria species swimming around in a lake on some unknown planet also has a Soul, pretty much if you have a neural pattern, you have a Soul.

A billion years ago on a planet a few million light years from Valak, a civilization of Flying Spiders with a hairy glowing ball for a head, blew themselves and their world to smithereens leaving a dead world that later fell into their home star. They tried to split the Soul into pieces, they succeeded, but unfortunately this caused a chain reaction where every Soul in the vicinity also splits. Now this was a world with a couple billion years of existence with the last several billion years having life on the world, it also was orbiting a red star which does lend a thought to how long the planet has existed and the possibility of unknown ancient life, well as you would expect, the Souls of billions of lifeforms that has existed on that same spot the size of a small city, exploded with such destructive power that it reached the core of the planet and froze it on impact, this threw the planet into chaotic quakes and stripped itself of its atmosphere, thereby killing everything and exposing itself to the cold touch of space.

The power of the of the Soul is unbelievable sometimes, but the torturous and cruel uses of those who have passed on, became a necessary evil for those wanting power, the Soul can be used as a substitute for Mana, this is why Bout uses the Soul as a way to play politics against other gods, the Soul can be used as medium for Magic, because its untraceable unlike Mana that becomes tinged with a person's Soul, using another person's Soul erases the possibility of leaving evidence.

" So even gods will go that far for power"

" How dare you.......!!!!"

The priest Dracon reacted in brazen anger and was about to strike down the injured Mil, when suddenly the entire room shook, it shook with unbelievable force that it pushed two huge dragons on their butts.

" Come the Lord waits"

The dragons forgot the tension of battle between them and walked onto the end of the glowing wall, the wall cracked opened, and a brilliant light was shone through the area. The light was so bright and almost noxious, it felt like nausea would set in for the duo, but they held strong and walked through.

" The dragon god, Lord Bout!!!!"

The loud proclamation resounded throughout the bright white scenery and suddenly it cleared to show a room of gold and pink, the very force and power that illuminated in the room was too much for duo who became overcome with emotion, this was a god, a being of great power.

.....

.....

"MORTALS WHO HAVE WALKED INTO MY INNER SANCTUM SPEAKETH THEY NAME"

The voice that suddenly came out of nowhere was so beautiful yet so strong, the voice can't be given any real indication of familiarity, yet it instilled only power.

" I am Mil"

"MIL......MIL, THE CHILD THAT HAS TAKEN FAVOR ONTO MY DAUGHTER......IS THAT CORRECT"

"Yes...my lord"

" DON'T TELL ME.....!!!!"

The room shook with a heavy vibration as it became clear to the Dragon God of why Mil has come. The vibration doesn't stop as the Dragon God orders Mil to tell him everything. The room shook and shook, even the ground above shakes with fury and the winds builds up strength and shake the surrounding trees. The god was angry.

The skies blackened with an indication of storms in the Scorching Lands facing the Sun, black skies are uncommon and rain just a legend in the Land of the Dragons. But Bout was beyond mad, and the environment will be paying the price.

....

....

...

" Looks like Father has gotten some help"

Voda stared through the cracks leading to the waterfall under the home castle, Voda was already into his tenth preparatory attack on Kati and it was obvious it wasn't working, she kept avoiding the water spell attacks with unnatural speed and was constantly changing the castles structures turning into a maze. Voda kept attacking anywhere he felt the slight tinge of concentrated Mana which indicated Magic use. But repeatedly attacking the enemy without seeing them was extremely difficult.

" Please hurry for both our sakes"

Being resolute, Voda stalked the dark maze his mother cooked up and prayed for everyone, excluding the person who sold Mil that tonic.

 

4