Chapter 7.3: The Beginning at Draconic End
117 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Voda carefully stalked the shadowy catacombs, moving left and turning right on every crossroads he entered. The gargantuan architecture of the castle was already an anxiety inducing space, but with how Voda felt, it was nothing but a bother and a place he can’t wait to blow up. His mind was racing with battle situations and planning, this was going to be a crazy battle.

Voda knew three things were absolutely true about his precarious situation:

1.) His Mother was a demigod, well versed in all three Magic Forms: Inner, Outer, Combinational.

2.) Physically superior with a standing height that dwarfs himself by several sizes and when in her god form, she’s basically visible from space.

3.) Any possible battle situation was totally in her favor no matter what.

This wasn’t a simple battle space either, this castle stood for the last century and took a lot of Kati’s tantrums, this situation was no different. This was Voda’s plan from testing out several attacks on Kati from different places across the castle catacombs. Attacking only the Mana presence of Kati without being in her vicinity, wasn’t a smart idea, because he doesn’t know whether she might have faked her presence with a mirage, clone, or tool. This wasn’t some easy location finding spell either, it used Mana as an aerosol like spray on an area, anything with mana that’s alien from the caster is immediately distinguished in a different hue. And attacking later on with Water attack spells were costly because he needed to create water through intensive Mana gathering of water molecules which was considered highly foolish because of Mana wastage. Doing this consecutively was already taxing, but without any rest was stupid at worst.

But now wasn’t the time to regret but to switch gears, Voda’s plan needed different reactions from Kati to predict her next action and he was ready to up the ante.

Stopping at the last crossroads section, Voda meditates and starts gathering Mana from the surrounding area through ‘Inner Magic Spell: Control Area’, by using his own Mana as a fishnet, he gathered as much as he needed. Then

“ Now..........lets do this”

“Inner Magic: Elemental-Dragon Spit”

Voda breathed in and then spit out a tiny spark of fire. The spark drops down and lands on the floor, it turns into a mini ball of flames. The ball of fire lay there for a second then it blew up.

A great sea of fire expanded, transforming into a crimson flame that enveloped the whole area. The flames burned through the ground and then went up the ceiling, it blew into the wall. The flames died down and was a mere speck of what it was a second ago, but the more shocking part was the wreckage left behind. The entire side of Voda point of view was in shambles with burn marks everywhere, but the more insane part was the ceiling, which was blown to smithereens and even the upper floors were wrecked, a huge hole emerged letting the scorching Sun’s light through.

As the light trickled through, replacing the constant darkness with a mixture of light, Voda readied himself, he just announced his location to Kati, this was going to be the sight of the battle.

“ You Hag, let's do this......”

….

….

Voda where are you, my little cutie pie.......i can just..... eat you up’

‘ NOnononono........thats bad....i’m his mother’

As the thoughts raced through Kati’s mind, it became more and more in flux. What is she to do, nothing was more important, right? She was hungry, so very hungry, she can just eat everything.

“It seems like I am so starved of life and food...food....food.... meat...meat.mmmeatttt.....meattttt....meatttt.mmmmeat”

Kati remembered things very differently from how events actually occurred, the entire scenario was obviously her husband’s fault.

“yes, it's all his fault, Mil.....he ran away.....he ran away from me”

“But why, this entire thing is because of him......damn fool is shirking his duties......running away from me!...HOW DARE HE!!!!!”

Kati’s scream resounded throughout the hallways, shaking the foundations. The battle she was having with her son, was becoming more intense but it was easily manageable for someone like her. The thing that was bothering was the length and the strange attacks that Voda has been swinging at her from hidden locations.

‘ Obviously , his trying to bait me.......my scrumptious little cutie pie.... meatt’

Salvia was draining from her with increasing time length and her mind that began in clarity ended with madness. The entire time that she was avoiding or tanking the attacks was now getting cumbersome and her hunger has not been sated.

“ Oh little Voda..... you beautiful dumbass.....mommmy is going to eat you......DAMN IT, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME”

Kati was still herself, even in her maddened state. She remembered her herself sitting with her family. Nothing out of the ordinary, till that damn tonic came into view. Nothing amiss till that damn tonic. She smelled the spilled remains as it covered her foolish husband. That should have been the end, then something came up inside her, as the smell trailed through the air, her mind become more numb as the hours ran through. Then everything turned black in her vision, so very black it was as if she was blind, but not blind, she can still perceive colors, shapes, and movements. Everything just took on an ominous feeling of loss of control, then suddenly a brightness of endless bounty captured her vision, it was almost scary how fast it was, the only things she saw was things to sate her hunger in so many ways, to take things and destroy that’s all she ever felt.

“why....my family.....KILL KILLL KILLL”

As Kati stalked the upper floors with the open arches facing inside, showing the Bright Sun lurching through. She suddenly stopped and faced north of her location in the East. Towards the towers that were in the front of the building.

Then suddenly a large explosion broke through the bottom between the two of the towers, it broke through the pavement below and stroked through, enveloping half the castle in flames, damaging the garden and spreading across the whole scenery. The arc of flames reached the sky and spread itself, almost a nightmarish scene till it immediately died down. The fires that covered everywhere was suddenly gone. It was too unbelievable.

“ So....you want to fight, my son.......if you can”

Kati became more nauseated with hunger, and immediately broke through the ceiling on top of her with her claw, rose through the sky, even though she didn’t want this. Her hunger which has destroyed so much of her life in many instances has become too much for her to bear, the countless centuries where her madness took hold made her weakened in her mind, she has long given up trying to reform. She knew that death will be her freedom, all that kindness and happiness she had as a mother and having a fulfilling life has sated her need for love and strength, she knew that her foolish son was no match, but the growing power that was getting closer to this location as the minutes raced, was someone she immediately recognized.

“Old man.....”

“I see now.......good job, Mil”

“let's see how long you last boy!!”

Kati clipped her wings and raced to Voda’s location, with a smile of madness with a feeling of hunger and resignation, today she will finally die. Katie was a demigod and even that much was too much.

Demigods are the brightest and strongest no matter their generation, you can sharpen and polish so many of the world's greatest warriors or wisemen, and none would ever reach the heights of demigods, because such beings are half-god and half mortal meaning they get the best of both worlds yet all its consequences.

Kati was born perfect and wished to die perfect. Her fears and cruelty to others made her the strongest, even granting her family the highest of prestige. But her failings always controlled her, to her, death was truly freedom.

 

4