Chapter 7.5: Voda vs. Kati Part One
89 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

….

“Blast From Heaven!!”

Casting a beam attack spell, the spell actually shoots a beam from the sky that drops down like a kinetic strike on the target, it quite devasting since the beam is actually composed of Dense Elemental Magic. Shooting down like a missile upon the target.

But Kati immediately used a Mid-range Teleportation Spell “Flash Step”, she changed her location from the ground in front of Voda to the skies above.

“Not bad, boy!”

Dodging and weaving the attack, Kati began to circulate enough Mana from around her vicinity. She was going to get ready for a big one.

“Crystal Storm Weave”

Voda immediately followed up with another attack, gathering Mana and entrapping it inside the earth. The earth itself cracked open from the pressure, as particulates began to form into shards of hard crystal. The shards grew in size but it was diverse in how many were big and small. With some being a hair’s length to others the size of large stones, they were stationary in the air for a moment till Voda gave the signal and thousands went into air, streaking across like whips.

Kati reacted quickly with ducking and dodging the attack, she casted “Flash Step” and was out of the periphery of the attack.

“Not smart boyGUAHAHAHHA!!!”

Kati staggered immediately

But the shards followed after her, streaking across and striking at her blind spot the second she reappeared from teleportation. Her abdominal area was scarred by the flickering shards, with some even sticking out. Tearing at her wings and causing multiple veins to burst. Kati ended up with teared wings, but they were till flapping and a scarred torso with lots of crazed fueled anger.

The entire battle was like this for the past 20 minutes, constant attacks and revibrated escapes, and just like what happened previously, the wounds of Kati was quickly regenerating. The shards sticking inside her like knives were pulled out by her healed muscles that immediately covered the scarring.

This battle was already a lost cause in regard to the opinion of Voda, the extreme healing abilities of Kati was bordering on insane. Such fast healing was expected when the opponent was a demigod. That’s why Voda didn’t felt like giving up just yet, he knew this was already a lost battle, but his plans did have a goal.

Demigods are perfect in every way, yet their mortality wasn’t a gift just like how Mortality is Man’s Gift. Demigods were gods born of mortal coil. And mortality was their irrevocable curse. Having all the power, yet none of the knowledge or time. That was Kati’s weakness, her ignorance and fear.

“Inner Magic: Greater Control of Present Area”

Casting the force field attribute giving spell, whatever spell attribute you need is casted automatically upon your area 5 feet from the caster. Since Dragons can only do Inner and Outer Magic, elementals or Transformation Magic will be the go-to Magic.

“Change of Inner World”

Changing his very Mana pool inside his body to become more conductive towards certain types of Magic and reordering how he would cast spells. These spells while insanely specific, are actually pretty important since in a world where a Spell’s formula if casted without proper countermeasures can even suck out all your Mana. This was extremely common, so what Voda did was make his Mana a warning system, if Kati casted anything way above her pay grade, then he is warned by his Mana causing fluctuations like a satellite, it's pretty much a predictor for dangerous Magic.

The second was a change in how much Mana he was going to use, a lock out feature he made. While this seems counterintuitive, he needed to be careful about howe much Mana he needed to use. Strong Spells would be calculated on Mana cost and not power, this might seems obvious but most people haven't in their entire damn lives fought for their lives. Stupidity is not only common in a fight but was extremely necessary, you need to be oblivious to your surroundings that aren't part of the fight. You look only at the enemy or enemies.

Being in a life-threatening situation stress everything from your mind to your body, and when in the Spiral, Mana becomes more unstable and uncontrollable, so people in battle use too much or too little. That’s why Voda needs to have Mana prepared to use, by reconstructing his Mana into little boxes, each one for each Spell.

“Magical Recombination”

Kati casted a well-known Spell that Voda knew about, it casted a wide field of change in how Mana is used to make Spells, the Spells become more powerful when it enters the field.

Following up with that, Kati casts “River of the Flame God Slash!”

Opening her mouth to breathe out, a sparkling blue flame the size of a dragon claw appears and is spitted out towards the field, the second it touches it, the Spell goes gargantuan, hundred times the size of Kati, the Spell hurtles towards Voda with unbelievable fury, she was ready to win.

The Spell was the largest she had casted in this entire battle, she was going to end this, right now.

The Spell’s heat reached Voda immediately, it was too much, too soon. The Spell was going to rip the entire landscape to shreds.

But Voda knew this and was waiting for his chance to change the battle’s ending.

Casting the “Fulfillment Avarice” to prepare the Mana boxes in his body for maximal effect, Voda immediately took towards the skies, towards the Missile of Heaven coming down on him.

Kati watched in bemusement, this battle was easily hers, but she also had to be vigilant because this was her own flesh and blood, who was well aware of her Magical ability. She knew he had something planned against this Spell.

….

Casting the “Blood Hound Spell Reversal”, the Spell sucks out a certain bit of the enemy casters Mana, Voda was now hurtling towards the “Flames”, the heat was unbelievable intense but manageable.

The “Blood Hound” Spell was extremely dangerous because Spells sometimes hold leftover Mana that hasn’t been fully enclosed into the Spell’s formula, the chances were slim for experts and slimmer for perfect, pure, clean, and ever so wise Demigods.

1