Chapter 7.8 : End times
79 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You did this...you …...It's your fault!!!” roared the angered Kati, “My entire life has been to protect your honor and yet.... failure after failure, and I’m blamed for just being different in my thinking”.

Kati was clearly trying to instigate a violent response from her father, maybe she actually wanted to die and disappear. With her history and sociopathic thinking, it wouldn’t seem strange for her to reach such a confounding choice of suicide.

The entire rock bed that Kati stood on suddenly gave way in a BOOM! She immediately took to the higher ground in front of her. The sudden shock was obliviously the “Outer Control: Earth Spike”, but it needed mastery of Outer Control Magic which was outside the capabilities of dracons but wasn’t for the Dragon God, who being a god, kind of negates the limit.

“FINAL CHANCE, KATI”

Kati looked up to her father, bit her tongue and jumped back. She quickly casted “Control Magic: Cyclone Twist”, using her own Mana as a magnet, she propels air particles like in a centrifuge forming it into a heavy air missile, then propel them towards the Dragon god, but just like she expected, with a wave of his hand everything disappears.

Not willing to slow down and observe, Kati cast multiple “Water Gun Volley” Spells, a tube-like circle of water appeared and began to orbit in front of Kati, then trickles of water spiked from the tube and circulated into a whirlpool as more water particles formed into a medium, then pointing towards her father. The water immediately took a shape resembling arrows and then began a racing attack volley.

“YOUR CHOICES HAVE LED TO THIS VERY MOMENT”

“No, it's your tyranny that did”.

Not willing to speak any further with her voice but through her claws, Kati began to strengthen her Mana into a strange mold, through the use of the Spell known as “Mockingbird”. What she actually was doing was changing the very form of her mana, solidifying it into a tight space, condensing it into a tough exterior to her body's interior, a second skin if you will.

She immediately back kicked the ground propelling herself towards her father, she was going to smash into him. Such a strategy was rather stupid if you looked from the perspective of others, throwing yourself like a projectile towards a non-stationary object was tantamount to suicide, especially in a world where force field magic wasn’t some recent phenomena. But Kati was still sane enough to know that small fact, but her plan wasn’t suicide but diversion.

Skating across the sky and gaining speed, Kati was now right within 6 meters (20 feet) from her father. Then as she expected, she hit a tripwire “Firebomb "Spell, taking the hit directly and using it as smoke screen, she appeared right on top of her father, and immediately activated one of her saved up magic formations casting “Blood Scream”. Opening her mouth, she breathed out a blood curdling force that pushed the Dragon god across the rampart that was her garden.

But it only pushed him away but barely touched or affected a particle of his existence, but Kati knew and reacted with multiple magic formations, the many formations immediately took a 3D form as she kept casting and deploying multiple formations, to the point it took out a large chunk of Mana. From the view of an outsider, Kati was committing something tantamount of literal obliteration, the magic formations formed a holographic sphere around Kati and multiple stages of magic formations which resembled a holographic Lede.

Kati casted every known attack Spell and diversion Spell, this Spells immediately skated across the fold and smashed into the dragon god, the Spells kept coming and coming, as Kati didn’t allow any second of respite, she was going to throw everything she had at him, this was a battle of survival, and she was going to win.

But a god is a god, and nothing mortal can take on a god, it's just not possible. And as expected, The Dragon god appeared from the smoke and ash falling from the Spells attack, he looked at Kati and smirked. He was surprised by her lack of strategy and confluence, he came to the thought that maybe she isn't as strong as he thought, even though he personally trained, a mortal is still just a mortal. No great power or hard work is going to match a mortal and a god, it was utter lunacy. And from the viewpoint of Bout, he knew that Kati expended everything she had.

“Damn, not bad.....”

“YOU HAVE FAILED KATI, ITS TIME TO SURRENDER”

“ Not yet....damn old man....”

Kati tried to absorb some Mana, but she immediately dropped from the sky, smashing into the ground, she was out of any Mana at all. This was normally be surprising but she was still a demigod, it would a lot more to tire herself.

“damn.....damn it.....Voda”

It wasn’t surprising because this was Voda’s plan all along, he needed to waste her time and Mana, over time this will put her to strenuous length to keep up, Voda knew he had no chance, but he had the chance of attrition, whittling her down slowly for her to not notice, such a plan while foolish was also pretty smart. He only needed to buy time for himself and for Mil to do the rest, this wasn’t his first rodeo with Kati.

“So Voda, he......damn”

Kati was face down, gasping for air, her overuse of mana was now taking a toll on her body, usually she would need a few minutes of rest and be back to normal, but the use of hours long Mana was too much.

“Go to hell........”

“YOUR FOOLISH ACTIONS BROUGHT YOU HERE”

“No....just d.......!!!”

Kati stood still in shock, something occurred to her that second, something that was insane to her very reasoning just appeared right in front of her.

“Hey Mom....you okay”

Voda was alive, Kati was beyond shocked, her son actually survived. Voda was never a warrior, yet he showed such depth of skill and strength that even Kati was a bit surprised. But she figured he had no chance, yet there he stood.

“You lost honey......”

Mil was supporting him while healing the rest of his wounds, the entire battle didn’t shake their love of family, even though to anyone sensible including to the gods, this was family was as good as doomed. Yet they still held loyalty and a little love for each other, it exactly wasn’t the first time this has happened, but was the first in how it just destroyed their home.

This shouldn’t be forgiven in any circumstance, since Kati just tried to commit murder for the hundredth time, everyone in the vicinity knew this. Kati has gone too far for the last time, no chances or help. Only punishment awaited the Dragon demigoddess of Blood Hill.

2