Chapter 8: Bad batch
80 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Damn”

“Man , Dragons do have it hard.... huh”

Jakim was watching the scene unfold with Voda and was shocked by the level of violence. From observation, he came to the idea that dragons were most likely a hierarchical but meritocratic, pretty surprisingly egalitarian. If you had the power or worked towards or even be clever, then the door to power and wealth awaits. But this seemed horrific because the weak died and the strong ruled.

To Jakim, this was horrible and monstrous, if people were judged based on such a thing, then those who have no talent or grandeur would always be punished or killed. There always was a limit to such a extreme society, those without capabilities that were respected in dragons had other good points and if they were worthless, then why were they born, Jakim based this idea on evolution, because he assumed that with such a violent society like the dragon with a high death rate, how come such weak dragons keep getting born. To Jakim, this meant that those weak dragons weren’t weak but had skills that were important, nobody was worthless in a successful species drive to dominate.

“Seriously I hope they change this shit”

Jakim then zoomed out and went to the other side of the planet where the giants were living. Today Jakim was going to start experimentation studies on them.

First find 2 lone giants and transport him to a faraway place without Magic. Then start erasing any possible remnant of Magic. And start some observer tests.

“ found you.... don’t take this too seriously”

2 lone giants were hunting in the dark retches of the Cold Lands of Night, there were trying to catch a mammoth beaver creature with snorting eyes. They kept dodging the giant pinwheel tail that kept swinging at them. One of them had a Magic formation formed around them and kept shooting and reloading fireballs at it. The other one was trying to get near its neck while haggling a halberd weapon.

Jakim waited for his chance and took it when the monster moved around to throw out his tail, Jakim immediately conjured his darkness and threw it upon the area where the monster was, at the same time Jakim enveloped the two in separate barriers and brought them together into one.

“Okay... looks like they're not hurt but their pretty surprised”

Seeing the shocked and scared expressions on the 2 giants, Jakim immediately transported them to another region on the planet by imagining himself grabbing the barrier sphere without crushing it and took it to an uninhabitable island out in the middle slice of the planet.

Gently landing them on the surface, Jakim then created a barrier sphere around the island and then released the barrier holding them. They immediately scrambled around and hid in the bushes.

Jakim wanted to try out three tests:

One: Where does Magic come from? Did it come from me? Can I control it?

Two: Jakim wanted to observe the creatures use Magic and copy them

Three: Jakim wanted to communicate with them if possible

Number One was too broad, but Jakim was a simple man when it came to these tests. First lets try to erase Magic inside the barrier. Jakim knew that they were a reactionary species.

“ So lets try this”

Jakim took control of the Island Barrier and imagined a glass of water, the darkness was the water and he poured everything out. It was simple enough with his mastery.

“ Its your time to shine”

By grabbing around the monster by enveloping it with his dark powers, Jakim threw it into the Nexus. And the next moment it fell on the island, having suddenly appeared out of the sky on top. It looked injured and shocked. Jakim didn’t kill the monster; he just threw it on the island a bit weakened, but from observing the weakened creature wriggling around the area then suddenly stopping, the creature was obviously dead from shock, the force was a bit too much.

But Jakim had a plan, hopefully.

“ I’ll give you my darkness”

Having full mastery of the dark ability, also meant mastery of manipulation. Jakim poured a stream of Darkness inside the creature. From the observation of the giants, it might look like a sign of god, seeing a jet of Darkness pouring in from the sky, hitting the dead monster.

Suddenly it started to move around and got up. Its skin as changed from furry brown to ashen white. Its eyes went from black to glowing red. It put its first foot forward towards the giants. The monster trudged along in a strange fashion, hopping around the air then hitting the ground quickly but then getting up crazily.

Jakim had used his Puppetry technique, from testing it out on Earth and figuring out the limits. Jakim was still disturbed by the quick change of the monster, but he assumed it might be a reaction to what he did. Jakim began to plan movements and attacks against the giants.

The giants reacted just as he planned, but as they got prepared to act with the magician preparing first, the magician giant stopped and began to scream at his fellow giant, Jakim was right about the First test, darkness and Mana seem connected. Jakim imagined darkness disappearing inside the barrier sphere, it was a separate place from the rest.

All the fantasy shows always had some kind of energy force or whatever making the characters do the impossible, right. Take the energy away and their normal as hell. But this universe was normal till Jakim gave it his darkness essence, but its strange how the darkness reacted more powerfully in this universe, its more probable that Mana is a reaction from Jakim’s darkness interacting with this universe. Darkness is not Mana, but Darkness gave birth to Mana. So when Jakim erased his darkness from the inside Barrier, then Mana disappeared because it came from the reaction of darkness.

“ I’m learning so much just from watching”

The giants realized the gravity of the situation, ran away from the area of the monster, it of course followed them. Jakim watched as they ran away and desperately tried to cast magic, but nothing came out. They ran and repeated the casting, and it still didn’t work. It was quite interesting, but it got boring with the repetition.

“ Thank you for that..... Now its time for something else”

Jakim began to pour darkness into the area which then allowed Mana to fill the area, but unlike normal for the giants, Jakim increased the Mana to the highest level. It was like imagining a puddle in a jar and increasing its volume by pouring more in.

The giants stopped and was about to repeat the ran away and cast magic scenario, but when the magician casted magic, the magic that came out was at an abnormal level, the fireball attack became an inferno and rose to the sky.

“How the fuuu.......”

Jakim was shocked, he expected something way smaller, but this blew out his expectations. The mana was increased to an insane point and was so uncontrollable it didn’t hit the monster, it just scatted out into the forest and burned way too many trees.

“So that’s how it works...”

“it's more about control then anything”

Jakim had all his suspicions answered for the Test One scenario. And from observing the magician writing out those magic formula formations, he did notice that formations the magician were using looked different each time he used but they kept the same runic like letter but had different surrounding letters. Jakim copied the formation using his barrier ability and had it on standby.

“ Take this..... Fireball!!!”

Jakim brought out the copied formation and poured some of his darkness just like how the magician poured his mana in his own, it should work the same way.

Jakim assumed it might go down no different than how the magician giant did his own formation since Jakim took out some of the surrounding letters of the runic formation, the magic formation should work the same way. Unfortunately, that's not how Magic works, you see, just like the perceptions on dragons and magic, it only works that way based on how you see things.

But Jakim Bilo completely doesn't get how Magic works, we can even assume this by realizing that Jakim is unaware of the existence of the Patron God of Dragons, Bout, that lives on Valak, to Jakim that draconic deity and any other denizens of the planet are the same, but that’s a massive assumption. The draconic deity can cast resurrection on long dead people and even extinct species and manipulate the weather which are along with all the standard powers and godly senses of a deity of his rank and also his ancient dragon techniques and yet to Jakim, he was no different than any other dragon. This is scary when you think about it, if the Dracon deity was level 100 then Jakim was immeasurable. So of course, his first spell casted wasn’t weak at all.

The second it was casted, everything disappeared in a blind light in a instant.

…...

…...

.

….

Of course, thanks to the barrier, the planet was still here and unchanged. Everything inside the barrier was gone, when we think of annihilation, it might often feel like the dinosaurs getting wiped out on Earth, but that was a multi-century event. The island was gone, the water inside the barrier was gone, it just disappeared. It had to be the strangest thing when you look at it, one second a beautiful island with a rambunctious monster chasing 2 giants, the next second everything was gone. The bloody island disappeared, not many people can understand what's so scary about this, but fragments should still exist and maybe even parts of the island. The only answer was that something equivalent to the very Sun appeared on the planet inside the barrier for a second and disappeared. That’s the only possibility and the most horrifying thing was that Jakim wasn’t even serious and was actually joking around.

‘ Its gone, the island is gone......... the island is gone’

Jakim kept repeating this thought in his mind. Because he too realizes his has got to be a joke, he didn’t even try. No concentration or anything, he copied how they did the magic formation and did the exact same.

“okay calm down.......calm.....HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM DOWN AFTER WITNESSING THAT!!!!!”

All of Jakim’s plans went down the drain, he not only incinerated everything inside the barrier but did it without realizing it. He killed the giants and the monster; well it was dead already.

2