Chapter 8.5: Eye of Heaven
72 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8.5

Eye of Heaven

My name is Uti and my brother is Zoi, we were hunting out in the Beast Ward, hunting in the spirit of our ancestors is an important venture, even though there is no need to hunt. But it's more of a social event to us.

“Hey Zoi, I need a strengthening spell”

“I got you, Enhancement: Overwhelming!!”

Just like always he gives me strength to get near and prepare to cut out this Green Boll neck. It was a simple strategy but we were tough enough to take a punch. As I swerved and slammed my halberd at it, it simply turned around a smacked the ground in front of me, blowing me away.

“ Damn thing ! Hey prepare a counterattack!!”

“ I don’t need you to tell me, Elemental: Fireball gunship”

A trinity array of fireballs surrounded us and began shooting and reloading in succession at the creature, but the Boll isn't fazed by this.

Stopping the spell, because of mana exhaustion and weakness, Zoi immediately prepared his bow and arrow. But his vision immediately blackened.

...

….

.

….

The entire area was covered in a black fog and he couldn’t move or speak, suddenly his brother, Uti was brought over to him. They both looked at each other in terror, then suddenly the entire scenery changed. The fur coats felt too hot and the Sun was too near. They were immediately on an island.

Zoi felt the chains loosen and his body became movable, his brother was free too, they looked at each other and the surrounding, an island with a tropical environment. This was too weird for them, but they both nodded and ran off to the covering to hide.

‘This is insane, we were transferred in an instant and what were invisible prison were in in!!! The hell is happening, all this is too strange, I felt no mana converging or anything’

Zoi was too shocked to think properly, it was weird even in a sword and magic world like this, to happen so suddenly.

But unfortunately, he had no time to think.

What do I do.......uhhhh... what the hell is Uti looking in this situation

Following his brother’s line of sight towards the sky, a mirror facing down was hovering over us and then something fell from inside it, something big.

“Brother, the Boll followed us!!”, screamed Uti

‘ that damn thing followed us huh....what the hell.... isn’t dead’, thought Zoi

It clearly looked it was suffering but now it stopped moving, and Zoi felt nothing from the creature after, it was dead.

“What the hell......!!!!!”

Before he can finish his sentence, the skies parted and a stream of dark energy dropped down to the island, it went towards the deceased monster, striking with dark energy and then suddenly dark strings grabbed onto it, the beast changed into a white wolf mixture instantly, its eyes blood red. The strings were had control over every limb including the torso.

It gyrated and moved strangely towards Zoi and Uti, thrashing about the area. Of course, this was a battle, Zoi immediately prepared a spell and Uti readied the halberd.

“huh...huhu...what the hell!”

“why are you shouting, Zoi!!”

“ My spell...no.....I don’t feel any mana...my inner mana is even gone...!!!!”

but how, this impossbile.....somebody is interfering with my magic..... no wait... all the mana in the area is gone...... that’s impossible, mana is natural, right

‘”only they could do this right....”

This was tantamount to insanity, the only beings that can deny or cancel magic or even mana were divine beings or extremely powerful beings. This was too crazy, was some god killing time to torture some people.

“ I cannot cast magic anymore!!”

“What!!”

“ lets retreat to somewhere safer!”

“got it”

The two brothers kept running and running around the island, hiding in the bushes and caves, but the monster always knew where to find them.

...

...

This went on for hours.

And hours.

....

....

..

The brothers kept trying to test out their magic but no to avail, there was a point to give up, but death only followed.

As they ran around the monster for the hundredth time, Zoi felt a familiar chill in the air.

“it's back!! The mana is back!!!”

By then their nerves were stretched to the utmost limit and their backs were drenched in sweat, it was honestly a miracle they survived this long against this monster.

Zoi and Uti figured out there might be a strange spell controlling the monster, the closest they think about was a strange necromantic spell called zombification. But it needed a sacrifice and there were no nearby creatures that was killed.

Now mana and magic returned, this was good for them, and they just needed to rest.

“Take this an die!!!! Fireballllll!!!!”

Zoi screamed and shotted out the spell, from his perspective the spell might be a bit weak, but zombies can be killed by fire.

“what the …..hell....is wrong the mana ?”

Noticing too late about the high saturation of mana, after recovering his strength, the spell was casted.

…..

.

.

.

.

.

The very heat and force were way beyond the ability of Zoi, he was just an average magic user, so no way in hell, but suddenly the mana converging ran amok and centered themselves too quickly for adjustments.

The sudden inferno that blasted off into the direction of the monster missed by an inch and blew an arc of destruction through the trees. The heat melted the surrounding sands and covered in glass, even Uti collapsed from the shock and was promptly blown away. The flames turned into a giant tornado and arc towards the skies.

“What the hell!!! Shitttt!!!!!”

“Brother!!!”

But Uti was unresponsive several feet behind Zoi, the spell went awry and died, and suddenly the jolt of blowback that was mana exhaustion hit Zoi, he doubled over and vomited. His mind was strung to the limits, the trauma was too much too bear as his heart started beating crazily.

That’s when he felt it, the mana that suddenly appeared in one spot, a giant red magic formation appeared on top of the monster. The scene was unbelievable, it was just a simple Fireball formation, yet Zoi felt the end truly was near, the mana that appeared was beyond even a god. Zoi worked for priests and felt the presence of an ancient goddess long since gone. And he knew this was different.

This mana was beyond even that........

“bring it on!!!!”

Zoi finally lost his mind, all those years fighting out in the monster lands with his brother, having a dream of a family with a nice wife and kids evaporated. Today death comes early for the Bull Man Duo.

The spell activated and then light.....

….

….

….

.

The light and heat erased everything.

Zoi felt everything disappear and his body was gone in an instant. But his mind was there for a nanosecond. And all he could do was cry.

See you brother in the next world.....oh wait your coming with me......huh......damn your too young for this shit....... Damn....... dad and mom.....we didn’t outlive you after all......

2