Chapter 9: Foreboding
81 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What the hell man.... sorry about killing you guys'….... also, sorry beaver monster”

Jakim looked towards the barrier and was sad a bit about killing the trio, but he now knew he needed more understanding about the capabilities he has. The very strength of a practice spell was way too overwhelming. He erased the barrier and continued on his way.

“Back to the drawing board.... but I now know what mana is and where did it come from”

Jakim did learn a lot, but he did kill a lot, Jakim knew he didn’t want to hurt people, but he still felt all this, might be game in his head. So, he continued with this thought of half doubt whether any of this is real.

“Ok let's leave this place”

Jakim zoomed out of the area and looked around the nearby landmass.

“Let's check what the insectoid centaurs looking-things are doing”

Putting his foreboding thought about the dead trio in the back of his mind. Jakim immediately zoomed into a clearing and went to observe the scene of what appeared to be a single Insectoid, the little thing was casting a spell which appeared to point against a rock.

Zooming in closer, Jakim read the child’s magic formation, it looked more complex than the fireball spell.

Watching as the child casted their spell repeatedly, Jakim grew more interested. This child can be Jakim’s teacher. The child was obviously a beginner judging by age, but Jakim actually was just looking and putting human standards on an alien creature. The child could have been a literal Master, but Jakim wouldn't know. Jakim watched as the child casted strange formations similar to what the two giant brothers was using, Jakim knew this was similar to some kind of RPG or some magician trick. The child "drew" a formation in the air and put forth Mana inside, like a computer program, yet this seemed more like writing out a poem and changing it to suit needs, like a musical or a fanfiction novel. Because the child seemed to connect with the magic itself, it was so weird, very different from the giant brothers. Magic seemed to be different based on species.

So, for the next several days, Jakim plan to observe the child’s magic lessons. But, knowing that starting today will be tiresome since he has work in a couple hours. Jakim, put the plan on hold and left the scenery and moved his sight back into the Nexus, the invisible domain that was his. Jakim looked around for a bit and left, back to his other life.

The next day, Jakim took some time to observe and learn. 

Day after day.

Day after day.

Day after day.

Writing out as many formulas of what we remembered seeing and writing it out even when observing. This went on for 3 weeks......

“Honestly I don’t think I have learned!”

Jakim was an honest man, and he knew he barely learned anything in the past three weeks. He tried to understand but honestly this was too much. He wasn’t some genius, and it would take him years to truly understand the situation by trial-and-error testing.

“What if I can communicate and listen...... I’m such a F@#$%^& idiot!!!!!!...damn it and I wasted hours for nothing.”

Sometimes Jakim regretted his unaware attitude towards life, anything too bothersome was ignored and was only paid attention for financial or career level threats. Anything not of those categories, be damned.

Jakim immediately got to work, how was he going to communicate, he didn’t seem to have vocal cords in the disembodied form, and he didn’t even know their language.

Jakim immediately woke up from the Nexus, he had a lot of work to do.

Writing out formulas and reading scrolls bought from the internet.

2