Chapter 9.2: Better Days
71 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been 2 days since the last time Jakim entered the Nexus. Since then, Jakim was testing out his darkness ability. Trying to create a way to communicate with the inhabitants. But coming up with such a path might not be that easy.

“What if I use the Puppetry technique just like I did with the beaver monster corpse.......yeah........it's not that stupid.”

“But it’s a bit creepy...”

“Damn, this works better when you first think of it.... then just thinking more about it makes it sound stupid.”

Wait a sec...

“What if I did that astral projection technique, I read in that shaman book”

Astral projection is defined as the ability to intentionally have an out-of-body experience (OBE) that assumes the existence of a subtle body.  But such an ability was too much for Jakim, who could barely move around when he was in his disembodied form.

“Hell yeah... that might actually work, but it might be more like looking and interacting from a drone's perspective”

Jakim jumps out from his cluttered bed with books and runs to the stairs, jumping from the second floor to the mediation room, even if such a leap might damage a normal person, Jakim for the last year has become more abnormal than ever, with a stronger frame that can withstand the most dangerous leaps.

The highest height Jakim can reach has already surpassed 16 feet in the air in a vertical leap, now this was almost superhero-like. Jakim was going out more into the surrounding forests and leaping around, it became more of a fun exercise than for serious jaunts.

“Okay let's see”

Grabbing a book from the shelf, Jakim flipped through it and came to the section about astral projection, the book was a Taoist alchemical book, but Jakim already read sections from Intuit and Biblical texts, all pertaining to the idea of an inner vessel that is completely separate, and talking about the circulation and vibrational aspects, which to Jakim of the past would've sounded like absolute nonsense. But Jakim of today was more open to such ideas, but Jakim was still skeptical, the ideas that were espoused by these texts were all made during a certain time period when hydraulic engineering was getting started, what occurred was that knowledgeable people of their time though that such technology was the most advance possible for Mankind. They actually based the astral projection and humorous ideas, which are pseudoscientist ideas about the supposed workings of humans, on the invention of primitive hydraulic engineering and assumed that’s how things worked, using it as a medium to create all sorts of idea. This was no different from how people today support the idea of the universe working like an algorithm which is unbelievable preposterous.

But Jakim needed some pathway to creating a mist form projection of himself, it would need to be able to interact with the environment and allow him to communicate with the locals. Becoming such a thing was such a difficult subject, because he didn’t have a clear idea of how he would seem.

So, to spare the harder ideas around it, Jakim thought its best to think of it as a drone operator POV, Jakim thought just by imagining like that, there shouldn’t be a problem. But he needed a body to interact and move it. And also, a way to connect, and his abilities might just stay the same since it seems to be more telekinetic than something special about his body.

For the last several weeks, Jakim had almost complete control of his darkness, even manifesting it with his physical form, even though it was a bit weak. But Jakim did create some figurine like shapes, so now he needs a human shape form.

“Times up......concentrate.”

Jakim read through the book and immediately started, Jakim closed his eyes and pictured a copy of himself. This was more difficult than anything else Jakim has ever done, to create a uniform thing that can be used as a car for Jakim’s mind, which was the driver. Jakim needed this clone to be just a silhouette of himself, a puppet if you will that can be used and controlled. Jakim was sweating with anticipation, he thought about its height as similar to his own with differing features like wings.

Jakim started to move his shadow just he has done many times, pushing it forth into a three-dimensional shape, he started to imagine it solidifying into a human shape.

Jakim began to open his eyes to examine his work......

…..

.

….

Jakim just kept silent; he really couldn’t describe was he just made........

It was so strange.

It was just a body.

….

Without a head.

It had these tentacles in rainbow colors coming out of the place where its head should be. Like Cthulhu. the rainbow colors were spectacular, all sorts of color. The tentacles flowed around as if it was in an aquarium. Such form and depth.

Its dark shadowy body kept wavering around like a bad video.

The weirdest part was the flower that occupied its left chest, it glowed pink.

“I don’t know what I'm looking at ......but new rule: no candy at night”

Making the dark form disappeared with a snap. Jakim concentrated once more, bringing forth the darkness and clearing his mind of anything but himself. Just his usual existence, his dark clothes and unhappy look.

Jakim was a happy person, but sometimes even he becomes unhappy when it comes to certain situation he can't control.

Opening his eyes once more, Jakim saw a strange looking man, it wasn’t him in the slightest. But Jakim knew who it was, it was a miniature version of one of the giants he killed. It's strange clothes and weird ornaments. It looked sad and angry at the same time.

“I'm sorry okay.... just disappear!”

Jakim was still disturbed and angry at himself, he didn't mean to kill, yet it did happen.

Jakim snapped his fingers and the image form disappeared. Taking a break and a snack was the best recourse, so Jakim called it quits for the week.

The event, it unfortunately was still affecting him, Jakim killed two people without any recompense and also tortured an animal to death, it wasn’t really surprising, but Jakim didn’t like what he did to them.

So, calling it quits for the week, wasn’t such a bad idea.

…..

.

.

.

. Author note== So sorry for not posting on that Sunday.

2