Chapter 9.5: Heaven thy name
84 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

…..

I have exams coming up for next week, on Spring Break March 28 - April 1st, i will add chapters again, so IT WILL BE .......A hiatus...

SORRY FOR NOT ADDING CHAPTERS LAST WEEK!!!!

…..

…..

A training montage of the most epic level was going to occur. This might actually go down in history.

But its best to look outward into the world, obviously everyone that isn't our boy, Jakim, knows that something akin to the most unbelievable of scenarios just occurred in the Spiral, the naturally airheaded Creator himself just descended onto the mortal realm of the Spiral, his level of unawareness almost supernatural.

With an apocalyptic entrance like what Jakim had, we expect somebody to notice. Because Jakim’s entrance just changed the scenery and also with the newfound knowledge about Mana’s origin that you the readers learned, we all can agree on one thing, shit is about to hit the fan.

….

Several thousand kilometers from Jakim’s location on the eastern tip of one of the continents under control of the Dragons, a race of lower dragons called Theroid lived in the region, Theroid were wingless and resembled more or less a reptilian tiger like creature with no wings but a lot of bite. Scary things, but they weren't very intelligent and usually had the understanding of wolves. Can't breathe fire thankfully.

Out in the center of a spiky hot forest, these forests dotted the land facing their Sun, since the planet was tidally locked and they were exactly facing the Sun, that part should have been scorched, but strangely due to the Mana that was overflowing the place, it seemed to adapt and flourish in such a poisonous environment. The branches snake around itself in mini domes of trees with the outside being a desert, inside it almost was a land with such strange creatures and plants living in a separate ecosystem like a closed off terrariums, each one stretching for a mile. It almost looked strangely beautiful if you forget that temperatures outside these mini ecosystems can reach past 120 F/48C, it almost seemed nightmarish with the dragons pouncing around the place.

In one of this tree domes, a bitter fight to the death was occurring.

A group of Giants were fighting a life and death battle against a multi headed flying hydra.

Two warriors in front, with two mages in front.

There were also 100 others in the back manning the ballista firing convoy

“ Vikas, you okay!”

“Nah!!....you?”, she said, glaring daggers at her colleagues.

“Hell no, I'm not.” He moved closer. “ I’ve had time to see that maybe it’s not going to work out. But let’s not be hasty.” He placed his hand on the small of her back, slipping her a knife.

Making their head mage run away seemed suicidal, but they had no right to question now, they were in dragon lands, so deep that it might take more than a year to return to the other side of the planet.

“You move your hairy ass on my signal, you just run!!”, He said.

“ Were in a forest dome, out there in the desert, I will be easy meat!!” she screamed, “ I rather die in here with you guys.” She threw the knife away and stood firm with her fellow mage next to her.

The monster kept scorching the area with its fire breath, swiping with its tail any of the two warrior giants that came too close. This was a life and death battle. Giants weren't used to Hydras, to tell you the truth. Giants never ventured this far before outside their homelands on the other side of the planet, considering it suicidal and stupid. The regions beyond the Giants native home were a mystery and was looked on with suspicion.

“ Are you some kind of idiot” he bellowed in the face of the fiend,” You need to survive, honestly you shouldn’t have come!”

“Too late now!!”, she shouted backed.

She shouldn’t have come, being a Chiefs daughter might be stifling but it beats becoming dragon food, and honestly her boneheaded ass really wasn’t looking at the vast opportunities she had in life, honestly, she was a complete idiot that thought a dream life of freedom was possible. Honest to God, somebody slap this fool. She threw her perfect future to be monster poop.

The monster didn’t mind, food was food. And these pesky invaders were now within its sights.

She got close and got hungrier.

One of its heads distracted the mage team with a ice breath and the other with lighting breath.

“Damn I hate these freaks, we lost 20 because of this!!!”, screamed the head commander and warrior in front, Zol.

As the hydra got close enough, the monster easily swiped Zol nto oblivion with its tail as the mages couldn’t put a shield formation up fast enough, guy was ripped into shreds and his innards literally sprayed his team.

“Wasn’t that the commander”, fellow mage leaned over and whispered.

“Yep, we are so screwed now, Pilar”, Vikas whimpered back.

“Honestly I give.......!!!!!”, Pilar responded.

He was cutoff in speech when an air burst came from their side, blasting the area sky high. The force was unbelievable to say the least. Then a light emerged growing excruciating bright, the Giants and Hydra’s vision was blinded as both stopped moving around.

They stared at the sight, its brightness and the heat shock that came with it, then the weather changed from it scorching heat and Sun to a night with cold in a flash, it was almost crazy, even in a fantasy world like theirs. Then a jet black maelstrom spirited across into a tundra, it was mind numbing to look at.

The Hydra looked shocked then took flight and ran off in the opposite direction screaming, the scene was noteworthy to say the least.

“Did ….did we all see that, r-right", the new commander, only warrior, Vich said, pointing at the runaway monster in shock.

Everyone was too shocked and scared for words, the scariest thing they have seen in this year long journey was that beast and it just ran away.

“What the hell is happening!!” Pilar yelled in the face of air noise.

“ No, clue.......that mana.... what the hell is that” Vikas muttered in the face of the gusting winds.

Everyone felt the Mana, a gnawing sense of dread was felt in the air, the closest examination was that it was monstrous.

Even those without any sense of Mana and had no capability of magic, they felt horror because something wasn’t normal, the very air was hot and dry. Eve

The mana that was in the air was so dense and intoxicating, the environment itself felt only death. Something was disturbed.

“This mana is beyond anything imaginable......its pure evil!”

The Mage known as Pilar was a storm giant taught by Eske, a witch who taught most Giants for the Storm Giant tribe of Cut, and he was well versed in Mana sensing, which was a technique by measuring the amount of Mana in an area.

He only felt fear and horror, there no words, just fear.

There was a myth held by most Giants, about an evil that cant be explained, it just existed.

And if it ever rose.

The sky will dye itself in its colors.

Only Pure Evil can be felt, as the Giants and all the rest of creation watches.

“Has he finally be born......To End it All.” Pilar mumbled to himself.

He has Risen.

He will Eat.

And laugh.

He will spew lies and cause panic.

Your children will be thrown into the Fire.

All that is sacred will be thrown.

All Hallow thy name.

The Nameless will bleeds.

The Tears will flood valleys.

Everything will End.

In the Greatest of Fires.

Heaven Thy Name.

The Evil King Has Risen.

…..

…..

...

….

Northwest of the Insectoid Centaur people Homeland, The Haleesiui Empire, the City of R’Atheena.

The Temple to the Goddess of Faming, nature, and Purity.

“Did you feel that, Mother Queen Ate”, whispered War Princess Oten,” That Mana, what was that, so much power.”

“Hush child, we are in the Temple, all voices stay silent in the face of Her Grace”, The Queen spoke as she kneels in front of the Holy Tree.

The Cult of Amata, a rather popular belief in the Insect People’s society. A belief in her ability to fertilize the land and keep the cold of the Night lands and heat of Land of the Scorching Sun away from the tranquility of Insect people.

As the duo finished their prayer, they both got up and walked out of the Temple in silence. When they were done talking with the Temple Guardians, the two went to a secluded area of the Palace. The room led to a basement, that had a secret road down the building.

They got to a room, that was empty.

“Now speak your mind, child” mumbled the Queen, as she reclined on the floor Carpet, being a member of the Insect Centaur Race meant that cleaning four hooves was as normal as eating.

“ Mother what was that, it was so evil”, the daughter went straight to the problem

“Child, the idea of Evil doesn’t exist and if does then it was preordained into the order of the universe, you're just stating it to be Evil because you can't understand it”, huffed the exasperated Mother,” What are you going to do about it.”

Oten was an officer equivalent to a Colonel in the Royal Army, and could simply call in a mobilization order or gather a militia force. With her status as the daughter of the Queen and her military background, scrambling a force together could be quite simple. But her mother had the final say.

Queen Ate, a demigoddess child of Amata, she took over the throne at 13 and ruled it since for the past 100 years. Her magical ability was quite extraordinary for her generation and for the past 40 years, as spent teaching and training the nobility warriors for battle.

Society was determined with a Queen on top with the strongest magic, the nobles who make up the warrior class and lead the armies, and the workers who run the economy and make up the military. This society was an extremely stratified and violent society where constant expansion mattered, kingdoms and empires existing only for 50 years was common. Queen Ate conquered her empire from the remnants of her mother’s territory.

“Not without any idea of what we're facing, what do you think about that Mana, Mother”

“The closest idea I have is a god or some kind of eldritch..........but honestly that was too dense for even a god.”

“You're not making any sense; such mana can only come from the divine.”

The Spiral, a realm of possibilities and yet such mysteries. The idea of gods is quite an astonishing thought and it seems like such things are often cultural ideas or used as political pieces to grab power, in the Spiral they walk among mortals and deliberate among them. It's almost mind numbing to think about, but the gods of the Spiral do exist.

Such things like gods on Earth are still up for question, but their existence in the Spiral does warrant shock, because nobody that didn’t have a few screws loose would've have expected their existence, but things like Magic does give more credibility to the idea.

“The universe is larger than this world, dear”

“I know, the astronomers keep watch all the time on celestial bodies all the time, but this is so much bigger, that mana was so insanely powerful it warped my own understanding of Magic.” She huffed,” What magic is possible with such mana, even simple spells would look apocalyptic.”

Oten was beaming with excitement, but her mother was more worried. Why did such power suddenly appear in the world in such a critical time for the world, the star their world orbits entered its cold years, a time when the planet as a whole becomes colder lasting 20 years in a 300-year cycle.

But from a scientific standpoint what's actually happening was that the planet which was a strange eyeball planet, tidally locked having one side facing the Star, so what usually happens is that the planet orbits farther away for some decades and then rotates further inside later. For a planet like this, it causes a lot of desperations with famine and migrations, this has often precipitated violence on the world. Keeping populations in a stable volume but hurting development. And now a mysterious thing had come to the world, it can only mean something to worry about.

“From now on, Oten, we won't act till we know what we're dealing with.” The Queen ordered,” You can scramble a force to together, but you wont move till I say so, is that clear.”

“As you wish, Queen”

“Take your leave and prepare an investigation unit if you feel its necessary”

“Yes, mother”

The War princess got up and slowly galloped away from the chamber.

The relationship between mother and daughter was fraught with political conflict, because of both their differing views on whether being a realist or an idealist, this has been a problem in the inner political court but they threw out their differences and now work together in a more united manner. They advise each other and work on problems of national importance together. But it almost seemed like two factions drumming support for their base and biding their time.

This wasn’t uncommon in the world, due to the incoming cold years the planet was going through, a mini-ice age period was about to start and political and military violence was about to break on the world, it just needed a fuse.

And that fuse was getting closer by the day.

…..

…..

…..

2