Chapter 9.6 Part I: Training Montage…….Fail?
70 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been around 2 weeks since Jakim has descended into the Spiral. He’s been leaving his body on standby when he had to go back to Earth. So, nothing out of the ordinary has occurred, the hurricane he created accidentally with his entrance left the island and went out to sea and nothing belligerent has come. For those days, Jakim has been steadily feeling out his vessel. He has been trying to move for a while for a week, and finally got the hang of it, till he accidentally released another tornado, it was strange since it happened every time, he tried to inhabit the body after leaving it.

He later figured out it was because of how much power he was forcing inside the vessel; it was like containing too much in too little of a closed area. The best comparison would be like propane tank, there is a net flow of liquid that's above threshold, so the tanks inner shelves collapse which causes a failure, failure of an LPG vessel usually leads to a gas could forming, causing a vapor cloud explosion. So, it was best to reverse such thinking, think small and then build up later. Pushing enough of his "presence" into the vessel without it catching fire was necessary.

Jakim began to slowly push his mind into the vessel, by thinking of the pump valve idea, by not moving all his essence into the vessel from his original body. Jakim instead allowed the valve completely opened and balanced it, not allowing his mind to occupy one place but two. The idea was a success, but Jakim felt like everything was a fog, he didn't feel anything in his body or his vessel. It was strange but he felt his mind slowly ripping apart. Jakim felt like two people yet also the same person. Because of this, Jakim abandoned that plan and accepted the dangerous complication of his body releasing too power.

Right now, after having another training session, his walking down the island’s northern coast. Exercise somewhat keeps him on his toes and also helps him get used to his new body. But he has discovered certain problems with the body, one is his strength seem to defy his appearance which was an extremely emaciated old man, the body seems more like a robot than a living person, also his dark manipulation ability seems weaker in that form than his disembodied one.

These problems seem to pile up, with no real knowledge about this world except from what he has observed, he only came to the realization that maybe everything he watched about the world might be a tad outdated or even obsolete. Honestly Jakim felt he was out of his depth, but deep down he wants to learn more from a hands-on approach.

But while he kept moving around, gazing at the often-strange trees that dotted the area, which interestingly should be studied further, a planet which is extremely different from Earth in ways of flora and fauna. Jakim knew such things needed to be researched. The very idea of life on another world is to too awesome to even think properly about. The many questions that anyone would starting asking is almost infinite.

“Seriously, this is beyond cool, all those science fiction shows were totally wrong. Its way fluffier looking than what they showed.” Wiggling his toes in the sand, Jakim was astounded and happy about the entire situation. not only did he learn about the interesting features of the scenery, but the plant life also astounded him even more. A strange flower like organism was the most interesting thing. How did it survive on such a planet? Obviously, it must be some kind of extremophile, an organism that thrives in extreme environments., yet this was obviously a multicellular creature.

What an unbelievable biology it had, the strange features were so impossible to describe, it beguiled the human imagination. The second you look at such a plant, your very mind might ignore it, because it was so impossible. It might seem overdramatic, but this was an alien world, and the human idea of alien was just an understatement.

Think about it, the human idea of alien life might just be a hodgepodge of what many humans considered aliens or stuff they speculated from the internet back on Earth. Just limited ideas, held back by whatever beliefs they hold. Different enough from humans to be alien, but not too different from human imagination.

While pondering that thought, something passed by Jakim's eye. It was a small leaf with a strange shape, it resembled a box shaped pencil, it whipped around on the wind with utmost urgency as if calling to him. Jakim looked around the area and breathed in the air, yet no taste or smell entered, the body Jakim inhabited didn't have any "feeling" to it attached. Jakim looked at the leaf blowing in the wind, wondering if it was just like leaves back on Earth, it might seem foolish to think about, but even such basic similarities like leaves might be more complicated, what if that leaf was some kind of bacterial node traveling to fertilize a new breeding ground. Anything is really possible in such a alien world.

" Beaut....iful..."

Admiring the almost inescapable scenery of the island, Jakim stared with increasing admiration, the entire area was so clean yet so dirty, the place was so grossly inhabited by such strange specimen yet pristine.

" I got so much stuff to do, like training to use this body."

Shaken from his happy boredom, Jakim started to look around the area for a large boulder or rock, he was going to try out his strength. Even with the appearance of a old man, Jakim didn't "feel" anything from the body. It felt like a VR game obviously, but their was something extremely different that divided this from a simulated experience, Jakim can actually interact with "real" people and do things that you could never copy into a game.

Finding a rock that stood out mostly because of its unbelievable size, it stood at (12 feet/ 3 meters), Jakim slowly walked up to it and threw a fist at it, and just like he expected, his fist collapsed into dust and then slowly reformed. Jakim noticed a week ago that his vessel was more of a shade and a physical object at the same time. 

Jakim tried again and again, but the same thing occurred.

'More training and boredom, here I come'

.

.

.

.

50 miles or 9,000 meters away from Jakim's current location on Valak.

On the Mainland.

A group of unknowns was fast approaching Jakim's location.

2