Chapter 9.6 The New Start…….Maybe Part III
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Everyone, I'm sorry for breaking a promise for publishing, my finals are done, and I will continue.*

 

 

The Northern Winds Summer, an often-random period during the orbital cycle of the planet, whose orbit veers into electromagnetic waves in a section of space, quite close to their home star. In such a universe filled with strange oddities, such things would be expected but what occurs is that due to the mana filled atmosphere of Valak, Magic with its three derivations become impossible to even cast, with only the most powerful of the gods being the only ones capable. Why does such an event occur? Not even the proud peoples of the planet know why, but most never think about it much since it's just a three-day event.

The beauty of such an event had a rather quiet feel to it when you look up to it. But thankfully such an event hasn't happened in 600 years and won't happen in this era, since the very idea is statically impossible...........Maybe.

Red skies..........”

Jakim stared at the ominous event in his view, the sweltering heat and sprinting winds paced through the surrounding trees. The waters surrounding the island were raging with inconsistent fury. The clouds above Jakim moved in a parting motion. It was just a quiet day on the world, nothing out of the ordinary. With such a scene, most would think something crazy or melo0dramatic would happen. An honestly, who wouldn’t expect such a predictable event to occur. Everyone who thinks in terms of tropes or stories would expect it right? Such a thing won't happen happily, the events occurring in front of Jakim is actually just a normal draft period in the surrounding region because of its tidally locked nature. The mountains in the farther north of the continent were causing a snowball event of air particles that become large gusts of wind circulating across the region down south. A significant number of them travel up to the topmost atmosphere blocking out the rays of the sun, causing red skies. Quite a normal phenomenon, happens on planet Earth all the time.

Yet knowing this, Jakim looks up in wonder and interest at the mostly drab scene above.

“Damn, I think I have never seen such bright red day ever”.

‘’......’’

“.......HIEHEH!!!!!”

A loud screech shook Jakim of his contemplations.

Turning to the right, Jakim spots a purple looking creature, it was obviously a creature since it moved and stopped and kept moving. But the strange atmosphere was concerning since it didn’t approach but moved in a circle.

Even with himself not actually there, it still felt a bit scary watching the thing bob around his perimeter. Jumping from tree to tree, Jakim couldn’t assert the shape or form of thing since it never stopped in one place at a time and if it did, it kept moving itself making it look like a purple blob.

Jakim watched with gnawing anticipation; this was his first encounter with an intelligent lifeform. A living creature that never existed on earth. A literal specimen of an entirely different planetary evolution. Such a thing might seem exaggerative, but a separate evolutionary pocket of hundred-million-year entirely different to Earth is already insane to think about and even in a world of Magic. What interesting things might be possible from insight from such a creature.

“Let's catch you first...”

Jakim’s training hasn’t been as successful as he had hoped since he spent the majority of the time studying some of his abilities he already had when he was observing, now he at first couldn’t' summon a sparkle. But today he was able to use some of his abilities including a new one that he wanted to try.

SNAP

Snapping his finger, Jakim imagined a huge pile of energy come from inside him. Concentrating it into a small space inside him, Jakim slowly allowed it to enlarge itself and then suddenly all at once. A wild force broke out of Jakim, a humongous shadow shaped itself into a puddle and dripped out of Jakim and attacked like serpents.

The vibrating blob jumped out of the way of the attack, Jakim adapted and moved like a snake towards the blob. Pushing pressure in his feet, Jakim broke the ground in front of him. He raised his hand and turned it into a blade, slicing and dicing as quickly as possible, but the blob kept bobbing and weaving.

“Holy mother of.......!!”

Jakim was running out of time, the body Jakim created had a certain side effect when it was used and that was a detonation effect from over use. Jakim knew he didn’t have much time left. So, Jakim began to exert a control over his environment.

When learning about this new ability at first, Jakim thought it was obviously a derivative of his Barrier Control, where he can exert force and manipulation over a section of space. But this version, while weakened was still significantly powerful.

Jakim pointed his arms out into the air and began to envelop the surrounding area into a semicircle with him in the center, the speed was immense with suddenly the entire island was surrounded. With the barrier set up. Jakim began to slow time inside the barrier, the animals and trees that fluttered began to increase slow down it was quite a spectacle and the most surprised was Jakim. It worked but that wasn’t what surprised him, looking at the blob, Jakim saw what seemed to be a tiny person. A very tiny person, a purplish human-like creature with what seemed to be a bruised face and strange elephant ears. It was so cartoonish; Jakim blinked several times to make sure he wasn’t dreaming.

“ What the hell is that!”

….

.

.

“WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE 8 GODS OF RHUD IS THAT!!!!!!!”

The little Spirit thought, looking in abject horror, right in front of him was a demonic looking ancient monster, a huge giant of orange beard and monstrous darkness surrounding it.

A low-level thief with no prospects who owes everyone their money back from multiple scams, Felion has met many horrible people throughout his multi century life, yet something was different about this fellow in front of him.

Whatever it is, the Spirit known as Felion knew one thing, this creature was beyond Evil.

1