Chapter 14: The Truth…….?
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

POV of Jellyfish

“What the hell”.

The Astral World of Yaphe and Talos, where the gods reside and delegate to the world of Valak. A palace of red draped in gaudy colors. A traumatized god sat on the spiky throne.

That’s all I can say. From what I witnessed, it still doesn’t feel real, and I suspect I might have imagined it. How could such a thing be possible! I thought the creature wasn’t that interesting, it just had a deeply mysterious feeling to it. Yet, the more I spoke and interrogated him. He became even more of an enigma. How could I being such as him exist! The gods can see anything sparing the tricks of other deities. I have lived long when compared to mortals. The length of my existence is exactly 311,345 years by the end of this year based on this world’s calendar and not a moment sooner. The mortals have many names for me and none of them ever sticks, usually because they don’t last long on the world.

When I first became a god, it wasn’t on this world but on another. A world called the Fifth World of Tsark, it resided in the same star system as this one. A small rock orbiting Tsark, a violent world that almost eclipses the Sun in size. The Fifth World was small and insignificant, the hellish winds of death that often came out of the groundless world of Tsark swiped the skies of the Fifth World, turning it a barren wasteland. But there were interval periods between the winds, these times as you would’ve guessed rather pleasant. Life didn’t reach the levels of complexities that predominate on Valak, but it had beauty that wasn’t very common.

Blue ash rain down every time the Sun would rise from the far distance, in that same time, Tsark would rise in the far west with its blue tint. The sky was a bright white with copper mists razing its many plains and deserts.

I was a simple monster, a werebeast. I was infected with a monstrous cannibalistic urge; I ransacked and killed my fellows and ate my family. I accumulated Mana over time for long periods. Obviously, I became something truly different; I became mythicized by an intelligent nomad as the Beast of the Hellish Sky. Becoming immortal was simple enough but becoming a god was much more difficult. It was an arduous journey.

The intelligent nomads of that world turned their horror stories of me into stories of heroism when I began to protect and dote on them. Their legends became doctrines of faith. Three generations of this, and i became a god.

As their protector deity I did my utmost best, but the universe had other plans. The Season of Winds that often came from Tsark blew away all my resolve. The world was drenched in the death, nothing came out alive from that Season. The world was once again, gone.

I became despondent and waited for another age of life to come forth, it took several centuries but life once more stalked the world. It took some time, but simple-minded creatures began to offer sacrifices. It wasn’t much, but I was a god once more.

But as the times winded down, another age of the winds came forth. The world died and I was once again left alone. These interval periods became shorter over time. I was tired of it, and I don’t want to sound pedantic, but I missed the many dead.

So, I left the world, I just left. Asa god, it was quite simple with a single thought. I traveled the Void between worlds and moons. I traveled far enough that the light of the Sun became blinding. That’s when I spotted the world of Valak, its pristine nature entrapped me. Becoming the Jellyfish Tree god was an even longer journey that often brough me into conflict. I became the Patron deity of Fubar, protecting it and blessing its inhabitants.

Throughout all this, I have never witnessed what I actually saw with that Kut fellow. He must be a god, no matter what that was a god. I don’t care what you think damn it! That was a god! Is he a new god or an invader god to destroy the world.

But I know one thing, he was strong enough to go toe-toe with the current king of the gods and might even slay a Polar.

The first generation of gods were the Polar, knowns as the primordial to others, they were born from the chaos of the birth of the universe, born way before the rest of the gods. The Polar practically ruled the universe and were more like disoriented monsters of unbelievable energy, each one was a walking disaster that destroyed worlds and ate stars. Monstrous beings that ate and destroyed everything. Gods like me are called the Radans or Arda for short. none of us in the Arda are able to swiftly kill a Polar. They are just that powerful, beings that represent the chaotic forces of the universe.

Is he a Polar?

But most of them are either imprisoned or missing since the Awakening of the Blue Trickster, a being of arcane energy tricked and bullied the Polar into submission and ushered in the Age of the new gods. It was an old joke tale, but some gods did tell me it actually happened.

But that still doesn’t answer my question.

Why?

Why show himself? Why is he so scary?!

I saw something that I shouldn’t have seen, and I wished I erased the memories from my mind

What I saw inside Kut’s mind was just an abyss, most mortals might have sensed it too. But gods can see the Truth. And what I saw was a flagrant attack on reality.

.

Scenes from inside Jakim's Mind

.

Doors.

Everywhere I looked doors, the doors were infinite in number and the sizes ranged from the tiniest dot to gargantuan sizes I couldn’t even see properly. All of it floating around and moving around aimlessly.

I instinctively grabbed the nearest door and opened.

The sky was pitch red and black; the atmosphere felt worse than Hell itself. Hell is often used as a misnomer of extremely torture and anguish, a place of suffering and chaos. Any yet, as a god I have never visited such a place. What I'm saying is that as a god, I cannot prove that Hell even exists. Yet, this place was somehow worse than Hell, a place below it. As I stared at the horrid sky that only felt more suffocating and damper then all my nightmares. I felt true fear.

The ground was a white desert that went on forever. It was truly a nightmare palate, the sands were peculiar and soft, it was a fine dust accumulated over eons. A dark castle stood defiantly with open gates, inviting all. It was truly enormous, with its snakelike spires extending into the heavens above.

As I walked through the silver gates, a scene played out in front of me.

A scene that would have shocked many was right in front of me, in this macabre hell such a scene played out. There was a group of gods dancing in red togas and capes screaming in madness and laughter around. The gods all came in shapes and sizes from a floating jewel with sixteen red eyes to a giant with a hundred horns.

They were obviously gods, only gods could be that powerful. Yet chains of metal covered them.

A large and burly centaur with half the body of a giant and the other lizard with wings, he opened his jaw and spoke in a thunderous voice:

“Oh Yes, Brothers and Sisters of the Holy Night!”

More voices joined him.

There were singing as if their lives depended on it, with bloodshot eyes and mucus running, it was truly a disgusting scene. Food and liquids littered the tables and floor.

‘Sound the drums of happiness!!”.

A monstrous lady with a thousand eyes danced and laughed, swinging her hips and gyrating her body to the song. She would have been pretty by the standards of the gods, but the many eyes that covered her head were rather insidious and glowing in varied rainbow colors. Her serpentine body was rather alluring, but she gave off evil as if it was a perfume. Someone who should be avoided.

But I caught her crimson eyes, and she began to dance toward me.

“Hello.....You are...?”

“Just a visitor”.

“A visitor from outside, am I correct?”.

Her eyes glowed menacingly.

“Yes...is that a problem”.

“No....what's it like out there?”.

Wh-at?

“Wh....what do mean by that?”.

“I was born here......in this wasteland”.

“But you are a god...Yes?”.

Gods have the awareness to know the Truth of everything. She would've known immediately what her situation was and understand.

“Of course, I am....Lithia, Snake Goddess of Night, at your service”.

“Then......this place is inside a person’s mind; you do know that?”

“.......You're talking about the Void, but we are the children of something else entirely”.

“The Void”.

“We are the children of the Cosmic Evil; the Cosmic Evil is figment of the Void’s dreams. Long ago or yesterday, we gods came forth from the chaotic magic of the Devil. The Void isn’t present, and it doesn’t talk or see. Its far above us”.

“The Void is.....”.

“I think it's an Aspect or manifestation of the person you're referring to”.

Aspect? That does make sense. A god often splits into many shapes. A deity or other being who is so powerful that even a tiny portion of their power is enough to take the form of a creature.

But that’s just insane.

Is Kut that powerful, to the point that gods are mere figments in his thoughts.

How frightening!

...

Creak!

The party stopped suddenly; I stopped moving immediately. Everyone was stock still. As I looked around, the gods including Lithia stood still in shock. A voice echoed through the castle, the voice was so alien and strange, yet easily understandable.

“Hello Hello Hello!!!!”.

I went to the window ledge and looked up.

Monsters of all kinds and shapes flew and ran across everywhere. Creatures that were the very symbols of an apocalypse rampaged throughout the land. Demons that didn’t resemble any demon I know of or seen; these demons almost seemed like a pantheon of demon kings just judging by the unlimited power I sensed from them. And the world where all these denizens lived upon almost was alive and breathing, it was utter insanity.

The madness was too much! All of that inside one’s mind!!

But there was something else. The mad gods were tense at something. It wasn’t a specific thing, but it was more of a feeling, a tense situation as if they were being stared at. And I was absolutely sure, something was looking back at them. And when I opened my full power to sense the foreboding feeling, I stammered out a whelp in shock. I was sweating in frustration, and the fear took over immediately.

Above the sky, a towering mass of clouds took the form of a face, a face that glowed and breathed fire.

I screamed out with all my might.

That thing!

It was the ultimate personification of destruction and hate.

0