Chapter 18: It’s their Fault!
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

in a rather dingy hallway, in the Great Temple of Nood in the Northern District of Fubar , lizardmen from many associative guilds gathered to hear the sermon for the day. The sandy walls built from primitive quarries in the surrounding Alps was drowned in black, those greyish walls gave off a drafty feeling. All this secrecy meant something important. A great and magnanimous meeting was commencing for the members of the Sect. 

 “Everyone listen up!” 

The cloaks of dark and blue were numerous and swayed with every word, with guard in standby to hold the peace. 

A large lizardman went up to the stage, with a cloak of raspberry red and eyes that were the color of the seas, which were usually slimy green.

The Sect of the Invisible Resurrected Bout.  

Those same crazy ass fools. 

“Now, let's get down to work....” 

 

... 

... 

... 

“Hey, do you think anyone noticed yet?”. 

“Nah... You’ve seen what these people were smoking right?”. 

But inside the mob of madmen who were chanting some arcane language of praise for a mediocre god of a bygone age, two idiots were trying to do something. 

Matador and Nix, those sons of bitches that ran off after poor Tango got his ass blasted, were right now, acting as new converts. 

“.... I thought that was Kamil”. 

“Nope....They burned some Tanil, left it there to mix with Opp and then they must have cast “Blessed Dreams”, you know that dreaming Spell. Even though it's not supposed to be used like that”. 

“But doesn’t that Spell just give a waking dream to any user or person and usually it's to illusion games for kids ......That has to be the most unnecessary Spell, right?!”. 

“Thats what I thought as well, seriously some people should be beheaded for wasting time making that Spell”. 

How does a Spell come to be? That’s a question few know or even understand, Magic doesn’t just automatically create Spells. Spells are formed for a reason and developed by those over time. The basic “Air walking” Spell, was developed from the “Flight” Spell. Many derivatives and combinations can come from all the basic forms of Magic. But Spells themselves were created from the centuries long walk of progress. With hard work and accumulation of multiple Tomes that either came from other worlds or were developed over centuries by groups. Magic in a way came from much of a grass roots revolution then dusty old wizards in ivory towers. 

So, such Magic that was developed over time had its uses become unnecessary. And even such old Magic is long forgotten because it is either unnecessary or useless because of newer Magic. And Spells are absolutely not hard to develop but what it needs is ingredients and refining to make it work in that certain from needed. For example, the Spell known as “Wild Breath” uses the Original Spell “Nocturnal Spirit of the Night God” effects of causing hysteria (by bridging a path towards the Night Gods Palace of Eternal Night and showing horrifying images) and lowers the hallucinatory parts of the Spell by creating a thin veil of Mana that creates a false image of the real-world slight variations. This Spell known as “Wild Breath” just makes certain places you look at different or invisible causing elevated fear. 

But for those two to waltz right into a meeting of old magic enthusiasts and drug addicts is quite strange. Obviously, they must have come for a reason. 

But unfortunately, Tango was part of a criminal group. 

These guys were going to rob the group for money and.........maybe also look for Tango?

“....” 

“We're going to look for Tango, right...?” 

“Hell no, we don’t have the time or the money”. 

As the two wayward fools justle inside the crowd of cloaks, the Monk of Saphon was giving a speech on hard work and earnest behavior to tell people to pay their alms. The Monk of Saphon was a politico-religious figure that ruled The Way, a rather new religion that try to explain the Terror that was prophesied by many oracles for the last three centuries. The Terror was just another apocalyptic event that will occur in the near future and people should be prepared. 

Unfortunately, the entire idea was just a convoluted Ponzi scheme that was about to be exposed. 

“Today we plan to steal some Souls from living subjects., Okay, I'm going to repeat that, because some of you dumbasses keep killing people for no reason”. 

By stealing Souls through the Spell “Devouring of the Quadruple Eyed Slug Godking of Planet Com”, a truly evil Spell introduced by people from the World of Com, they came to the World of Valak to spread their evil wishes of their Slug Godking and the gods of Valak opposed them and promptly executed them. Unfortunately, the Spell became pretty popular, being a fad that went in fashion and back to the closet for the last millennium. Being used by cultists or misers stealing from kids. 

“Pyro Blast!!”. 

Then in a sudden but expected moment, the entrance to the square blew up, sending the gate tumbling into the wall. Out came four lizardmen, each with an expression of exasperation and straight up fury. 

“EVERYONE DON’T LISTEN TO THIS FUCKHEAD!” 

“This fuckhead stole all the money we wanted to give to him” 

Everyone in the meeting was confused as hell: 

“Wait a second, gods want money?”. 

“That shit makes no sense”. 

“Hey Old Man, where the fuck is my money”. 

Gods were infallible being with no reason for the accumulation of resources or the consumption of such, right?! Why the fuck did the Monk ask for alms for gods, is erasing sin or something?! 

 The two groups of lizards stared at each other for a few seconds, thinking deeply about the very stupidity of the situation that was obviously caused by a misunderstanding of the highest order. Such magnanimous lizards would have the forethought to not fight. And will easily sue for peace, right?!! 

“.....” 

“Fuck you!!” 

“Eat shit!!!” 

A volley of dangerous Magic came out of the two groups facing each other, literally shooting up the place. 

Some lizardmen ran off in every direction, avoiding the madness. 

“Eat shit, punk ass”. 

A low voice of anger came out of the previously kind Monk. 

“The fuck isn't he supposed to be a religious figure” quipped Nix. 

“Fuck off!”. 

‘Mana Overwhelm: Blitz Fire!’. 

The Monk in his ever-loving kindness to the masses right now threw a Nasty fire spell right at the audience, straight towards the granny lizard lady. 

“The fuck!” 

Words that should never come out of the mouth of a century old grandma came out in full force. 

The surrounding Lizardmen immediately came out and put up a barrier Spell to save grandma! 

0