CHAPTER 71 FORGING
54 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 71 FORGING

 

When the weekend finally comes, both Edward and Anna rush to the condo in the morning.

They didn’t get much sleep and rest but they are not a bit tired at all.

They didn’t bring the children with them, in fact, they didn’t even tell them that Kyle is here in Hong Kong. Kyle wants to be alone for now.

When they get to the condo there was nobody there. They call a few times but no one answer so they thought that Kyle is in the altar. So they went to his bedroom to search for him.

But there was nothing in his room, not a ball, not Kyle himself, nothing.

Then they search the whole condo but still didn’t find anything.

“Is he out?” This is the only explanation they can think of.

“For breakfast maybe? I mean we didn’t even tell him that we are coming.” Now that they think about it Kyle didn’t even know that they are coming.

“Do we wait or call him?”

“Let’s just wait.”

They wait for about half an hour when Kyle comes back.

“Why are guys here?”

“Can we check the altar?”

“Oh that, sure let's go.” Kyle didn’t mind and he remembers that Anna hasn’t been inside the altar, only Edward is. She must be eager to see what inside.

Kyle brings out the altar and right before they enter it Edward holds Anna's hand.

When they got inside the altar, Annexperiencedce what Edward had to go through when he first comes inside the altar.

Afterward, she feels a bit lightheaded and had a bit of trouble standing but she had Edward by his side to help her.

Edward is also a bit lightheaded but he manages to quickly get back to his sense and help Anna.

After all that is done, Kyle lets them go all over the place, he only asks them to be careful.

Edward brings Anna to tour the entire place.

This time there is a difference since his last visit, there are vehicles inside the altar this time.

There are many kinds of vehicles; there are bicycles, motorcycles, cars, and ATVs. They are all from all kinds of brands.

There are also lounges that are fully equipped with a kitchen, entertainment room, and all kinds of electronic devices.

And finally, they get to the place where Anna wants to go, the forge. Kyle is in there right now and from the sound of hammering, it looks like he is in the middle of forging something.

Before she comes here she did her research on forging, from their equipment, forging technique, how to shape a piece of metal into something, the right, the wrong, as many things as she can. Now she wants to see if there is a major difference between them.

Edward really wants to go to the armory but when he hears the hammering sound he is intrigued by what Kyle is making.

Last time Edward come to tour the altar none of the equipment is in operation, so this is actually his first time seeing the equipment working.

When they get inside, Kyle is in front of a burning furnace with the material he's working on inside it.

He is aware that they in the forge but he didn’t care nor did he mind as long as they didn’t disturb him.

The furnace is just a normal square furnace. The weird thing is that it isn’t burning coal and they didn’t see any propane tank but they can see that fire is pouring out from it.

They can see a valve connected to the furnace but it goes down through the floor.

‘Is the propane tank under the floor? That’s a weird and dangerous place to be.’ Anna is looking very carefully at what Kyle is doing and the equipment in his surrounding, and she could not help but wonder this question as she knew that Kyle would not endanger his life for no reason.

But she didn’t ask this question as she didn’t want to disturb him as he looks so focus on what he is doing.

At the same time as she watches him work she also looks at the other equipment inside the forge. Now she sees what a magic forge suppose to look like.

The anvil is actually very similar to the anvil in this world it just has a lot of engraving on it and the engraving is also softly glowed. A lot of the other equipment is also engraved.

The equipment that he using right now looks like what supposes to be a power hammer but it’s very different. Most of the parts look the same but the one major difference is that the hammer part is just a piece of a cylindrical piece of solid metal and it’s floating in the air.

Two metal rings are welded to a vertical piece of metal at the back part of the power hammer and the cylindrical piece of metal situated inside the ring, from the looks of it the two rings are the thing that made that piece of solid metal stay afloat.

As for sharpening tools, she can see grinding machines that look almost exactly like the one in this world with just a tiny bit of difference, but they're a whole bunch of types of sharpening stone, not just whetstone from the look of it, and strop.

As she looks more closely all of the equipment is engrave, even the table and chair.

As Kyle put the metal back into the furnace to heat it up again, Anna knew that he had some time to talk with her.

“What are you making?”

“A Damascus pattern blade.”

This is one of the forging techniques that she manages to find out on the internet.

It’s a technique where you stack two different types of metal sequentially, weld them together, heat the metal, and forge them together. Then you can cut them, re-stack them, weld them up again, and forged them again, this is so that you can have many more layers in your billet.

She didn’t quite know how many more times you can re-stack them to have more layers but she knows that in the end, the pattern will look beautiful on the blade.

After they become one piece of solid billet, you can start forging them into the shape you want.

From the shape of the metal, it looks like Kyle is forging a sword.

 

4