CHAPTER 73 MAGIC BOOK
85 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 73 MAGIC BOOK

 

“Is that the Batman Batarang?”

“The one from the American comic book?” After all is said and done, that is the only question they had in mind.

“Yeah, it is kind of look like it doesn’t it?”

“It is something like it. I got the idea from reading one of the comic books that I found. But it comes from a character named Captain Boomerang, not Batman.”

“Who’s Captain Boomerang?”

Edward shrugged his shoulder.

“Search it.” Kyle didn’t want to give a long explanation about a comic book character that he is not interested in. He is only interested in the weapon that the comic imagine and that’s it.

“Can I try it?” Edward's hand is itching to try using it.

“No, practice with this first.” Kyle didn’t let him use the explosive boomerang but he gives him a real one for practice.

“You probably going to kill yourself before you kill someone.”

“Fine…” Edward accepts that comment and takes the boomerang.

He knew how dangerous it is. The boomerang had a sensitive trigger device that will explode if he didn’t treat it carefully.

Forget losing his finger, he could lose his head.

Edward goes back to the armory and takes the weapon that he wants to test, he can test it while practicing the boomerang.

Before leaving the gun range, Kyle makes a control console for the place. It is so that Edward or Anna could practice without bothering him.

The control console is voice-activated, so they just need to say the setting that they want and the console will make it for them.

As for Anna, she goes back to the forge as she is more interested in the forging process than weapon testing.

She becomes completely immersed in the forging process that every little thing that she sees and heard she makes a mental note of it.

Kyle makes her do a simple little thing so she could get used to the forge. Before she learns how to swing a hammer and shape a blade she needs to learn the danger of it.

The equipment inside the forge is all dangerous and can hurt or even give you a life-threatening injury, so getting to know the equipment is the first thing that she needs to do.

…..

Edward only practices with the boomerang for no less than 15 minutes before he got bored and focuses completely on the guns.

With an unlimited amount of ammunition and target practice, he starts to go crazy with it.

He likes the gun range and the control console so much. He can set the target to move in any direction and in any pattern or in random, he can set them like a chess piece if he wants to, he can literally do anything with it.

The most difficult shot he had ever done is shooting down a moving target while he himself is moving. The hardest part about practicing shooting a moving target is that you need a moving target.

The only way he can shoot something like that is that he either goes hunting or tied something with a rope and then let it swing back and forth and then try to shoot it from a different angle.

In other words, he didn’t have enough practice for something like this.

But with this console, he can really start practicing his shooting.

For now, he set it to move in a certain pattern so that he can get a better feeling of how it suppose to goes down.

This is something that you need to repeat again and again, it is not something that you can just learn overnight. Not even with Kyle's help.

…..

Edward and Anna spend the entire day with Kyle, it was evening when they both reluctantly return to the orphanage, but they made promises that they are coming back the next day.

…..

Afterward, Kyle changes his schedule, before this, he mostly stays in Shenyang and comes to Hong Kong at least once every three weeks but now it's reverse.

Now he mostly stays in Hong Kong as he can get material easier and he goes back to Shenyang to handle some of the business problems that he needs to handle personally.

For Edward and Anna, they are both happy that Kyle decides to stay in Hong Kong.

The children also know about it as they both can’t keep making excuses about why they need to keep going out each weekend.

So they just said that they are helping Kyle settling back to Hong Kong and that they had been preparing the condo for him.

That explanation had some hole in like, it is Lucy condo that meant that it is technically Kyle’s condo.

But kids are kids, as long as it sounds about right they just accept it.

The children are happy as they feel that their family is finally whole again.

Edward and Anna decide to practice their throwing skill while playing with the children.

They usually spend once or twice a week playing in the park. They mostly play and take fresh air to lighten their heads a little.

Edward and Anna couldn’t let them play with a real boomerang as that could hurt them or someone else unintentionally, so they get a Frisbee.

Of course, the Frisbee is different than a boomerang but what they want to learn is the feeling of throwing, how your hand is supposed to release the projectile, how you read the wind, how to make it curve, and much more.

Of course, when they are back at the altar gun range they had to practice using the boomerang.

Inside the altar, both Edward and Anna decide to spend at least two hours practicing with the boomerang and after that, they do their own thing.

Edward starts to practice his shooting and Anna start to learn how to forge.

On Anna's first practice as a smith, she made a lot of mistakes but learn a lot more. She wrote notes for everything that Kyle taught.

As for Kyle, he now spends most of his time in either the forge or his study.

He is continuing his study about the legend and myth of ancient human history.

……

After about a month later Kyle calls both of them and to meet him at the condo. He said he had an important thing to give them.

Kyle places two identical books in front of them “This is a book that I wrote about the basics of magic. Since both of you want to learn magic, I made it for you. Even though none of us can use magic right now that doesn’t mean that you can’t start learning the theory of it.”

Edward and Anna look at the book with wide eyes.

Finally, this is a guide on how to use magic.

3