CHAPTER 76 GHOST?
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 76 GHOST?

 

When Kyle landed in Japan he went straight to Mount Fuji and the nearest hotel to the Sea of Tree.

Like always, he went with a disguised and because he also can speak Japanese fluently, he blends easily.

Everyone he meets thought that he is a Japanese man on vacation.

After he check-in into his room for a week, he went around the tourist site and enjoy the view until night come.

He found out that there are people that went to the forest to search for bodies or people that went into the forest to film some kind of video about the forest or to look for some kind of ghost.

With the nickname of Suicide Forest, the forest gives an eerie feeling to everyone who enters it whether it's day or night.

It just that more people are there during the day rather than the night, imagine it, in the middle of the night, with the quietness, limited visibilities, and your head messing with you, it can make anyone scare to their own shadow.

When it was the middle of the night Kyle takes out the cloak, Darker Shade, and put it on. He also put on some protective gear that he made.

Better to be prepared than unprepared. He didn’t know what will happen when he got there, it could be nothing or there could be something.

After that, he went to the Sea of Tree to begin his search.

It was very late at night when he decides to go to the Sea of Tree but along the way, he still finds a group of people who are heading there as well.

“This is going to be annoying.” Kyle can only sigh as he sees these people.

He is going to have to avoid these people when he got to the forest and if need be he will scare them away if they start to annoy him.

If he kills them then an investigation will be open there and that will make things even more troublesome.

He leaves them behind and enters the forest.

The moment he set foot in the forest he starts to activated his soul scan.

To make sure that he didn’t push his body too much with his soul, he only keeps the scan range at 50 meters.

But even then he might miss something, so need to do a thorough search with his own two hands.

Any resource that involves the soul is tricky to handle.

If its resources that involve natural elements like fire for example, then that resource will emit some kind of heat that makes it easier to be detected.

The same goes with the other element, water will have the feeling of deepness and cold, the earth will have the feeling of solid and heavy, and wind will have the feeling of lightness and windy.

But the resources that involve soul is very different, it doesn’t emit any kind of energy or even soul energy.

For example like the blood soul crystal. The blood soul crystal had an outer shell that makes it look like an ordinary pebble and feel like it too, the only way to find it is by unearth its shell and confirm it that it is a blood soul crystal.

In another word, it could be in front of you and didn’t even notice it.

The same goes for the sorrow leaf, the only way to identifies it is by finding a leaf that has a gray stripe in it.

Kyle had his way of finding this resource but it doesn’t mean that by a simple scan he could find it.

He starts his scan and picks up anything that could be a real one.

His search goes on for hours but he finds nothing, but that is within his expectation. It could either be deeper inside the forest or there could be nothing here at all.

As the sun is about to come up, he decides to go back to the hotel and take some rest. Even though he didn’t push his body too far, it still exhausting from the constant scanning.

On his way back he meets the group again, they are also on their way out of the forest.

Kyle scans the place so that he can pick a better route but just as his scan passes through the group he senses something.

“Humph?”

Something is watching the group. It seems like that it doesn’t notice Kyle at first but when his scan picks that presence up it also pick up his and it disappeared instantly before Kyle could follow it back to its sources.

“What is that?” Kyle is by no means surprise.

Kyle uses his soul scan again but this time the range is 100 meters. He scans the surroundings to look for it but he didn’t found anything.

“The thing that watching the group is using something similar to a soul scan.”

“I didn’t sense any ghostly energy. If it a mutated ghost then it must have a similar or something close to an energy signature like Wox but it doesn’t.”

“What is it?” Kyle couldn’t help but ask this question again.

“There might be something on the group that attracts its attention or it could be because they are the only living presence that it could find.” Kyle is intrigued by this presence as it could help him in finding his resources.

“Maybe it will follow them again.” Kyle then decides to follow the group and let out a very subtle soul web string around them so that when the presence comes back it gives him some time before it notices him.

Till the moment they get out of the forest he didn’t feel the presence again.

But he did hear them saying that they will come back to the forest tomorrow at the same time as today.

So he decides to follow them again tomorrow.

When he gets back to the hotel, he cleans himself up and goes to sleep.

There is something he wants to test on the day before he follows the group at the night.

0