CHAPTER 77 BONES
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 77 BONES

 

Kyle wakes up in the afternoon, ate some lunch, and then head back to the Sea of Tree.

This time he went in openly, without Darker Shade to hide his presence.

He wants to see whether whatever he senses last night is interested in the people who enter or exit the forest or does it only interested that particular group from last night, or whether can it move in the day and night or just the night.

Since it is daylight right now there are some people that want to explore the Sea of Tree.

When he enters the forest he didn’t activate his soul scan as he didn’t want that presence to sense him.

Instead, he makes a fine soul string that will mimic the target soul and it can only make him feel the target condition instead of a full scan like he did before. He uses to do this to track someone wherever they go.

But he cannot be too far from his target or the connection is cut as he still had to limit his soul power, in another word he must follow them within a certain distance.

He walks into the forest and follows some of the group that enters the forest from further behind. He stuck them all with his soul string and observed them.

He wants to see whether the presence only follows a group or everyone that is in the forest.

Kyle follows the group for an hour but he didn’t feel the presence on him or the group.

This could either mean that the presence could only move at night, or there is something on the group from last night that attracts its attention, or it could only put its attention at one place at a time.

He detaches the string and finds a different group of people to follow, he wants to test most of the theory he had on the day so that he could at least have more accurate information.

If it can move at both day and night and can only have one attention at a time then he will have a lot of work to do.

With the size of the forest, that is just way too much work for him to do it alone, but he had to do it nonetheless.

“Nothing, huh?”

For the entire day, he follows a bunch of different groups and people, and sometimes he even went somewhere in the forest alone to see whether something will happen to himself or not.

There was nothing, everything is normal in the entire day he is in the forest. Not a single scan, no abnormalities, no nothing, it was peaceful there.

But he did put on a new theory about the presence, maybe it is something similar to Wox.

Maybe whatever the thing is, is stuck inside an object and can only get out at a specific time and place, just like how Wox is stuck inside the altar before he found him.

Along the way, he picks up some stone that might be a blood soul crystal and check some of the leaves that he comes across.

He didn’t find any leaf with a gray stripe in any of the trees he checks. He is not surprised by that though, as he needs to find a particular tree that had a lot of people died underneath it, and with the size of the forest, he wasn’t even sure whether there is such a tree like that.

When the sun is going down and many people start to go out of the forest, he did so as well.

He needs to wait till midnight to follow the group from last night and hoping that he will find the presence at that time.

He goes back to the hotel, gets some rest, eats some food and when midnight came he goes out again.

Kyle decides to follow them like he did last night with Darker Shade.

This time he decides to follows them from the very beginning.

The group consists of a mix of people of different races and countries. There’s a local Japanese man that seems to be the guide for the group.

He did a full scan on them first to find anything that is out of the ordinary, but they got a lot of things like that on them.

They got crosses, talisman, charm, holy water, a bible, and so on. There’s a whole lot of so-called ‘supernatural items’ on them. Some of them even had tattoos of similar nature.

Each person carries at least three or four of such items and one of them even had six.

“Hmm… what the hell are these kids doing?” Kyle let out a sigh as he just shakes his head.

“If they are here to play around and get themselves kill that’s their problem, but until they can get me to find that presence again, look like I’m babysitting. Shit.” Kyle shakes his head as he can only put up with what is happening right now.

To him, this group of people is nothing but a bunch of kids playing in the night without thinking of the consequences. But by any means necessary they had to be alive until he finds that presence again.

This time they go in a different direction than they did last time.

They are talking to their camera, make some jokes, surprise at every little thing they heard and see.

“Shit…” Kyle sighs and massages his forehead as he follows them. To Kyle, this is practically torture.

It takes a lot of strength in him not to just kill all of them.

“Finally…”

After about two to three hours deep into the forest, Kyle starts to feel something in the group.

It was the same feeling that he felt last night, someone or something is scanning them.

Kyle didn’t do anything of yet, he just waits and watch to see what this presence is looking for in the group.

Second, after that, the scan narrows its focus to one of the members of the group, the local Japanese man. He was the guide for the group.

It looks like the scan is looking for something in particular on him.

After a few seconds, it looks like it found it as it narrows down it scan further to a particular item, a good luck charm. Inside it is a small piece of bone, usually, supposed to be made out of rabbit foot or some other lucky animal.

“It seems the bone pick the presence interest, so there must be something else.” Kyle still just observer it as he too wants to know why the presence is interested in the bone.

 

0