CHAPTER 2 THE VOID
797 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 2 THE VOID

 

In a place of pure whiteness where there isn’t even a single dot of color, there is a man just floating there.

He can’t move and is badly injured and from the look of it his injuries are getting worse by the second, it didn’t show any sign of healing.

The man is in a lot of pain as the longer he stays in this place the worse his injuries are.

He can feel his body is being torn apart piece by piece.

This man is Kyle Clerum from the world of Grand Dey.

He is sent to this place by Selphine, the chief of the gods as she used the last of her strength to use some kind of device or weapon at him.

‘Arghh… huff huff, where am I, what is this place?’

Kyle is in pain, confused and disoriented. He didn’t know where he is and he can’t see anything else.

He didn’t know whether he is going up or down, left or right. He lost all sense of direction.

‘Help me!!!! Can anybody hear me? Please help me?’

In all his life Kyle never begs anyone for mercy, not even when he faces death straight of the eyes. But the pain his feeling right now is something he could have never even imagine.

Kyle cannot move his body or even speak; he can’t even move his head. He can only see what is in front of him while floating motionlessly.

He cannot use his power to heal himself and the pain is starting to become unbearable to him.

In his world, you can use magic to explode inside you and kill yourself as a last resort.

He tries to do that as well as the pain is unbearable but even that is not working. He cannot use his magic as well.

The only thing he can do now is hoping that someone can find him and save him.

………..

Here he lost the sense of time, he didn’t know how long has been he is floating there.

The pain had not lessened even a single bit

Kyle already lost all hope of surviving in this place; he just wishes that he died faster.

‘Who’s there, are you lost?’

Suddenly out of nowhere to his surprise, there’s voice sounding on his head, and it’s not his.

He knows he didn’t imagine that voice and it is someone else. They are having a conversation with telepathy. Kyle himself knew how to use telepathy.

‘Please help me, please.’

Kyle instantly begged that voice to help him. He didn’t care if that voice decides to save him or kill him, he just wants it to do something.

‘How did you get inside the Void and how did your soul and body did not disintegrate into a particle?’

The voice is surprised by how Kyle is still alive and most importantly is that Kyle finally has a name for this place; the Void.

‘I get sent here by my enemies and as for how I manage to survive is something even I don’t know, but please save or kill me, please do something. The pain is unbearable.’

Kyle didn’t care who or what that person is, he just wants all of this to end.

‘Hmmm…. You said that your enemies send you here, the fact that you can survive here meant that you are very, very strong. I can save you but you have to do something for me as well, something really evil and atrocious, I need you to kill. Make an Oath of the Creation and I will save you.’

‘I will do whatever you want me to do, but I’ve never heard of this the Oath of the Creation.’

‘The Oath of the Creation is an unbreakable oath that you make in the name of creation itself. You can only do that oath when you are in the Void. The Void will bind the soul of the person who uses its name and if the person breaks the promise then it will grab the person's soul and destroy it completely. That person cannot run from that promise no matter where they run too.’

‘Then let’s start the oath, as long as it only about killing people, I will take that oath.’

‘I didn’t just want you to kill people; I want you to put extinction to an entire species.’

‘Then let’s make the damn oath.’

Kyle agrees to take the Oath of the Creation and performed genocide just to make the pain goes away.

‘Repeat after me, in the name of creation I solemnly swear to uphold my promise and put extinction to an entire species in exchange to save my life.’

Kyle repeats the oath and then he can feel something invisible binding to his soul. That something is not only powerful but also absolute. He also feels some kind of connection to the person or something that he's talking to.

The oath he just makes keep ringing on the back of his head like a reminder that until he fulfills his oath, the ringing and the thing that binds his soul will not goes away.

The moment the oath and his soul are binds he can suddenly sense that he is moving. Even though he can’t move his body or power he can feel that he is heading toward somewhere.

He also notices that some kinds of power surrounding him as the pain suddenly stopped. When the pain stops he’s almost in tears.

Even though he is moving he still only sees whiteness, he didn’t know how long had it been but it feels like months or even years had passed.

Until finally the surrounding suddenly turns dark. It’s like he just walks past a door and enters a different world.

Finally, he can move his body and his power as well.

Even though the pain that he feeling right now is not as painful as the one he feels when he’s in the Void, he still can’t move his body much.

He moves his head to check the surroundings but it looks like it is whether his eyes are not yet adjusted to the surroundings or that he is in a very dark place.

‘Heeyy… Anybody there?’

Kyle still can’t speak as moving any part of his body is painful. Moving his head alone almost takes all of his strength, so he screams on his mind to the person who just saves him.

‘Take a rest first and heal yourself. Then we can talk on about your promises.’

‘Whatever you want me to do, I’ll do it.’

Kyle didn’t know how much he needs to thank the person who saves him. He also didn’t need to know who or what is it, it didn’t matter to him.

But before he could fulfill his promise, he needs to recuperate from his injuries first.

 

 

15