CHAPTER 26 YOU’RE CHOICE
207 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 26 YOU’RE CHOICE

 

After Kyle finish with his shower, Edward can see more clearly that he is very different from before.

He is not only a bit taller, but his skin also seems very smooth and paler. He also looks a lot more handsome than he is before.

The bone structure of his face is a bit different than before, it’s like somebody put a perfect puzzle.

When Edward sees it for the first time, he is speechless. He just stares at Kyle without saying anything. It takes him for a couple of seconds to snap out of it.

While he is looking at Kyle, Kyle is making another potion for Edward.

When Kyle is finishing he asks Edward one last time.

“Are you sure?”

With his teeth clench Edward answers.

“Yes.”

“Then let’s start. Sit down.”

Edward sits down cross-legged and Kyle hands him the potion. The potion taste is sweet.

“I will help you in the quenching process by using my power to guide the potion to go to every part of your body but you will have to face the pain on your own.”

“Let’s do this.”

Edward takes a deep breath and closes his eye. He can only hope for the best now.

Kyle touches his forehead and Edward can feel something warm enter his body from his forehead.

It then went straight down to his stomach where the potion is. When the warm energy gets into his stomach the potion started to turn gaseous and seep into his blood.

The gas went through his ribs and then to his limbs. It takes about a minute for it to go through every part of his body, even to his skull.

After it all spread evenly, the potion started to takes its effect. When the process starts Kyle takes his hand off Edward's forehead and lets the quenching process do its part.

At first, Edward can feel his muscles start to move on its own, he only feels discomfort and a bit of pain, like being pinch.

But as time goes on the pain starts to increase slowly and suddenly he felt as if somebody just twists all of his four limbs at the same time, the pain is unimaginable.

This is when the muscle is being tightly wind up like a well-made rope.

After that, he feels like somebody just tied his entire upper body so tightly that he is having trouble breathing from it.

And the worst feeling comes from his neck and head. He is being chocked by his own muscle and his head feels like a watermelon that is about to burst.

“Argh…!”

Edward starts to scream and rolling around the floor as the process continues.

Kak. Kak.

“Argh…!”

Then his bone starts to be crush and heal. His bone starts to dislocate and then put back again. This process is a lot more painful than the one before and to make it worse, it keeps repeating itself.

He opens his eyes and he finds Kyle is sitting on a table, eating something. He looks like he does not even care about the pain that Edward is going through.

Edward crawls to him even though every movement he makes made the pain a lot worse. Every movement he makes, make him scream.

“Please, kill me.”

Edward goes to Kyle to beg to put a stop of all of this by killing him.

He knows now that he underestimates the quenching process when he sees that Kyle is just taking it so easily.

But the pain he feels right now is beyond anything he had ever feel before.

Tears, snot, puke and even urine are coming out of him. At the very least he didn’t soil himself.

Kyle didn’t mind the mess as he keeps eating as he just looks at Edward calmly. He didn’t even respond to him.

The pain Edward feeling right now is so intense that he just wants to pass out and let go.

He faces is on the floor as he didn’t even have the strength to look upward. He looks like he is ready to die.

When Kyle sees this he sighs and stands up and he goes to Edward. Then like before he touches Edward's forehead again.

Edward did not know that Kyle is touching him as the pain is overloading his senses.

This time Kyle's soul power did not spread to his entire body instead it went into his soul and he gives him a reason to live.

As he about to fade away into unconsciousness, Edward starts to see and hear a scene when Kyle told him that if he passes out he will die, then the scene change to the time when Kyle tells him why he can’t lose, why he won’t scream.

Then the scene changes again to the time when he is with the children, they were all having difficulties but they were happy. They would always smile, laughing and playing.

And then Anna's faces start to come up. At this point, he didn’t feel the pain so much anymore as he just watches her.

Whenever they didn’t have enough food Edward will give his food to everyone else who needs it and Anna will share her food with him.

He sees her worried faces, he sees her dissatisfied mood swing as he smiles, and lastly, he sees her smile. Her happier moment is playing like a highlighted reel, when she played with the children, when she sees them happy, and when she sees him smile.

And then he hears a voice so loud that it is deafening.

“Will you leave all of that, the children, her? Will you let her feel sad and mourn for you as she had to shoulder everything by herself as you left her?”

Kyle picks his hand up again and sits back at the table and continues eating.

“The choice is yours. To give up and let the pain goes away or hold on not only for yourself but for those who need you the most.”

Edward can hear every word Kyle said to him.

He pushes his body to face the ceiling and then he closes his eye. Afterward, there is no respond from him again.

He is not screaming or rolling on the floor anymore. His face didn’t even change even just a bit.

He is so still that he looks like a corpse.

The quenching process will still go on even if he dies, so his muscle is still wriggling throughout his body and it still let out the bone-chilling sound. His skin also starts to crack.

After 30 minutes it’s all stop. Afterward, he starts to sweat as Kyle did and after 10 minutes the whole body quenching process ended.

“Take a shower first, I will clean all of this.”

Kyle stands up and takes his plate with him to the kitchen as once again cleaning appliance comes flying to the training room.

“Thanks.”

A small voice comes from Edward.

“Umm.”

3