CHAPTER 37 IMPRESSIVE
160 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 37 IMPRESSIVE

 

Anna is squirming in pain in the bathtub.

She uses everything in her power to hold on for her dear life but the pain is getting more unbearable.

Her finger that holds the bathtub side is turning white as she holds it as hard as she can.

Five minutes later the pain goes beyond what she can imagine. She starts to scream.

“ARGGGHHH!”

Anna starts to trashing in the bathtub as she tries to make the pain goes away.

Edward with tearful eyes try to go to Anna and hold her hand, but he is stopped by Kyle.

“Don’t hold her. Right now her nerves are so sensitive that any kind of stimulation will feel double to her, with the pain she is feeling right now any touch will make her only feel double the pain. The shock alone can kill her.”

“Please, can you do anything at all? She is suffering.”

“I told both of you before, nothing come without a price.”

Kyle said this word slowly and coldly. He wants Edward to remember what it meant.

Edward can only clench his teeth and hand as he heard what Kyle said.

He wasn’t mad at Kyle for saying those words but he is mad himself, Kyle keeps reminding them both that there will be a consequence but both of them didn’t take it very seriously.

If he just takes a firm stand on this matter, she might not be in like this now, in pain.

Suddenly a huge gash starts to appear on Anna's hand and body, blood start poured out from it.

Anna screams even more loudly and Edward is shocked seeing the wound.

Edward runs to find a towel to cover the wound. As he looks for a towel he asks Kyle.

“Kyle, what’s happening?”

“I told you before that her body is weaker and much more brittle. Part of her body that cannot take the stress is starting to break down.”

Edward already finds a towel and quickly goes to Anna, when he is suddenly stopped by Kyle.

“What part of do not touch her that you did not understand.”

This time Kyle's voice is calm and cold, his eyes are cold and collected.

From his face alone it can be seen that he is now pissed off because he keeps on telling Edward the same thing over and over again, but he kept on doing it.

All the time that Edward had been together with Kyle he and never seen him this calm and cold, not even once.

Edward stops on his track and starts to tremble on the very spot and he starts to sweating bullet.

He gathers whatever bravery he had left and says.

“But she’s bleeding.”

“Go stand outside, now.”

Kyle only just gives him a command. He didn’t look at Edward anymore and just focus on Anna.

Edward didn’t want to leave but his body is not following what he says, it starts to move on its own toward the bathroom door.

The bathroom door opens on its own when he is near.

When he left the bathroom the door slam back on its own, but there is no sound of it.

When the door shut by itself, Edward can control his own body again.

The moment he did, he tries to open the door again but no matter how he can’t even make it flinch.

He pounds the door as hard as he can but the result is still the same.

As for Anna, the wound that appears on her body is being healed at a visible rate.

The wound is closing itself in just a matter of seconds.

This is the healing potion at work.

The first wound is not the only wound that she had after Edward left more and more wound start to appear and heal back again all over her body.

The bathtub is full of blood and Anna's body is covered in it as well.

Anna is now at her death door; her will is starting to grow weaker. She starts to move lesser even though the pain is unbearable.

Her will is tired.

She just wants to close her eyes and goes to sleep for a second.

Her eyelid is getting heavier by the second and the temptation to just fall asleep grew stronger.

Kyle who is by her side can see that she is getting weaker by the second, starting to frown.

The frown disappeared as Kyle let out a smile.

“Well, she did better than what I expected. She didn’t beg.”

Even Edward begs to be killed at his quenching process, but Anna who is supposed to feel twice as much pain as Edward doesn't.

Kyle couldn’t help but be impressed.

“Alright let’s go.”

Kyle takes a stool and sits next to her.

Anna's eyes are lifeless by now, she didn’t know her own surroundings. She is close to death than ever by now.

Kyle close his eyes and a stream of thin white line start to come out of his brow and it went straight toward Anna.

When the white line comes to contact her, she closed her eyes for a second and then she opens them back again.

This time her eyes are different. If you look closely you can find some kind of similarities with Kyle's eyes, calm, cold and calculated.

Anna looked at Kyle who is beside her is still had his eye close and the white line is still connected.

She didn’t say anything but she takes a seated position and close her eyes again. They are now facing each other.

What just happened is that Kyle sent his conciseness to Anna. He didn’t transfer his soul into her body. He lets Anna conciseness sleeps while he controls her body.  In other word, he becomes the second driver of her body.

Now whatever pain her body is feeling is being taken by him.

This is what Kyle meant when he said he had a plan that can make the quenching process success increase by 90%, not the potion.

He always going to use the potion, but even then she will still have an 80% chance of death.

While Kyle takes over, the quenching process did not stop and gash after gash keeps on appearing one after another and after that, it keeps getting heal again and again.

During this process, Anna, who is now being controlled by Kyle, didn’t show any emotion at all.

She is still calm and collected.

Second and minutes go by and then the quenching process is finished.

Kyle is still controlling Anna's body, as even though the process is finished some of the pain is still there.

Afterward, Anna's body starts to sweat and all kinds of substances start to come out of her body filling the bathtub again.

The bathtub is now filling with blood and some sticky substance, the entire bathroom smell awful.

After ten whole minutes, Anna stops sweating the substance and most of the pain already go away.

Kyle then laid Anna back to the tub.

Kyle returns to his own body and the white line that connected them retreats back toward Kyle.

A couple of seconds later Anna starts to wakes up but her body and soul are still weak. She can barely open her eyes.

Kyle stands up and the door suddenly opens itself, Edward who had his back toward the door is surprised as he falls into the bathroom.

Kyle didn’t even look at Edward and just walk out of the bathroom and went to his room to sleep.

As for Edward he only has his eye on Anna.

He can see that Anna is breathing and from the look of it’s, she looks like she is waking up from a night of sleep.

He grabs his hair and let out a sigh of relief.

He didn’t know what Kyle did but he knew that he did something.

“Edward, is it finish?”

Anna asks weakly.

“Yes, it is.”

Edward gently takes her hand as he said it. He didn’t mind the blood, he didn’t mind the filth.

He just glad she is alive.

“Rest up.”

As he didn’t want to move her, that night they both sleep in the bathroom.

 

3