CHAPTER 38 APOLOGIZE
164 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 38 APOLOGIZE

 

The next morning Anna woke up from her slumber with a frown on her face. Her nose starts to twitch.

It is the smell that she gives, it is so awful that it smells like someone died in the bathroom.

But as she examines the bathtub and her condition, she understands what the smell is.

Edward had told her that some sticky substance will come out of her body after the process is finished and the stench will be awful.

With her sense becoming a bit more sensitive than before, the smell is even more unbearable. She almost pukes on herself if she didn’t manage to control herself.

Anna is prepared to stand up, stretch herself and clean herself up with a shower when she notices that someone is holding her hand, its Edward. He’s asleep.

His grip is firm and gentle like he didn’t want to let her hand go like he is afraid that if he let go she will fly off somewhere else.

Anna smile as she knew that he is waiting for her the whole night.

“Edward, wake up.”

Anna wakes him softly. She felt sorry that Edward had to sleep in this smelly bathroom.

Edward slowly wakes up and he sees that Anna is awake.

“Anna you awake! Are you hurt? Do you need some help...?”

Edward is shocked and worried about her that he just barrages her with question after question.

Anna smiles and lets out a chuckle.

“I’m fine. I just need a shower, and so do you.”

Edward then notices that from top to bottom that Anna is covered by some murky substance that already hardens.

“Then I see you later.”

Edward cleans his hand and goes out of the bathroom and back to his room.

As he walks he then remembers that Kyle is mad at him for last night.

In his head, he made tons of justifiable reasons for what happened last night. He didn’t know, Anna is bleeding, Kyle didn’t tell him first about it and so on.

All kind of excuse comes on the top of his head, but for some reason, he is afraid to confront Kyle and it wasn’t just about why he did what he did.

The first reason that he's afraid is because of Kyle's eyes last night. When he saw Kyle's eyes last night he is scared beyond all reason. He never felt something like that before.

Remembering about it makes him shudder a bit. It’s like looking into the eye of a dangerous animal a couple of inches away from your face.

The second reason is that no matter what excuse he makes, Kyle did warn him that about the consequence if Anna had any interaction during the quenching process, and he just ignores everything and almost kills her.

As he walks to his room he notices that the children are awake and watching a cartoon show.

The moment he walks into the living room to greet them all of the children hold their noses and start to yell at each other.

“Hey, who farted damn it, oh god the smell.”

“It stinks.”

The entire living room turns noisy as they keep on blaming the smell on each other.

One of the girls couldn’t take it anymore and goes to the door and run outside to take a breath and the rest follow her.

Edward then knew that the smell comes from him. He spent the entire night in that bathroom so the stench must stick on his body and cloth.

Hearing the children still keep on blaming each other about the smell, Edward makes a run for his room.

…..

After finish cleaning himself for about an hour, Edward gathers all the courage he had and goes to Kyle's room and knocks on the door.

The door opens by itself and inside Kyle is on his bed reading something.

“Yes?”

Edward takes a deep breathe and let out what’s in his heart “I come to apologize for last night. I know that I was wrong but I was just so worried. She is in pain and then the gash start to appear and she starts to bleed heavily, I’m just so scared at that time. I’m sorry.”

Instead of making an excuse that he is right, Edward decides to just tell Kyle the truth about why he did what he did.

“It’s okay, I know. But next time listen to me.” Kyle closes his book and looks at him as he said it.

“I will, it just that when things involving Anna and the children come, I sometime lose my judgment.”

“It's fine, I understand.”

“Okay then. Have you had your breakfast yet? I’m planning to take the kids out.”

“I already ate, but don’t let Anna go with you, she needs to get used to her body for a bit, give her the same training that you had.”

“Okay.”

The moment Edward closes the bedroom door he releases a deep breath and starts to breathe heavily like a burden is being lifted off his shoulder.

He then went to meet Anna in her room who just finishes cleaning herself, she just opens the door a bit but when Edward saw her, he is in a daze.

She is even more beautiful than she is before by a long shot. Her skin is beautifully white, she’s a bit taller, and even her face is a bit different like it had been remolded to be perfect.

“Edward, what’s wrong?”

Anna looks at Edward who just keeps starring at her without saying anything.

“Nothing, we are going to have breakfast outside but Kyle said that you need to get used to your new body and strength. Let's go to the training room and then do some of the training in there.”

Edward shakes his head and gives her the list of training that he had to do when he just finish his quenching process.

“I was just about to ask you that. I broke a bunch of things in the bathroom and bedroom.”

Anna opens her door wide and Edward can see that the whole room is a mess. Broken stuff is everywhere, broken door and furniture, torn cloth, and he didn’t see the bathroom but he can guess what the inside look like.

“It’s okay, let’s just go to the fitness room and get you on the training. Just leave the room, I will clean it afterward.”

Kyle turns one of the rooms into a small fitness room so that they didn’t have to go to the gym as most of their training is a bit extreme.

Edward slowly led her to the fitness room to make sure that she didn’t accidentally cause damage to the surrounding.

When they get there Edward gives her every bit of advice that he had for the training and then he takes the children for breakfast at Anna insistent.

In the afternoon Lucy comes to the house.

3