CHAPTER 46 THE ALTAR GUARDIAN
132 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 46 THE ALTAR GUARDIAN

 

As Kyle study the pocket dimension he walks around without being interrupted. Every obstacle he face he destroy it without even skipping a beat.

Whether it is a trap or the statue, every single one of them is destroyed along his path.

The trap is well hidden but if you just look hard enough you can spot it, so for Kyle who is very observant even without his soul power, the trap is nothing but a joke.

As he walks unhindered he can finally see the end of the maze.

The other end is just darkness like when he first enters the altar.

Kyle knows that at the end of this maze it will be filled with traps or the strongest statue or maybe even both. Something likes a last stage boss in-game.

But still, he walks nonchalantly toward the end.

And like what he already knows the wall start to bring the shape of the humanoid canine again but this time it’s over two stories high.

Kyle still walks like he owns the place toward the exit and didn’t put the giant figure in his eyes.

Because of its size, the statue rod can reach Kyle with its length and it swings it as fast as it can.

The moment the rod is right over its head, with the weight of the rod and its size, just second after it lifts it the rod it is already on top of Kyle's head.

Just like before he still didn’t use any of his soul power he just sends a punch upward without even a change of expression.

The rod breaks perfectly in half, intact, and before the top half of it manages to fly off to somewhere else, quickly with his other hand Kyle grabs the broken pieces and throws it back at the statue.

The rod flies off like an artillery shell being fire and hit the statue.

BOOM!

The flying rod and the statue blown to pieces as chunks and dust are flying everywhere.

Kyle straightens himself up and calmly walks toward the exit.

As the dust settles behind him, not a single piece of the statue is intact. It was just rubble.

Kyle gets to the exit and then the walls behind him start to sink to the ground and just disappear like a stone sink into the ocean.

The walls might sink to the floor but he can still sense and feel them under him.

And then it was just silence. Nothing happens afterward, not a sound is heard, or some light appeared out of nowhere.

Kyle predicts that something like this would happen. Throughout his time within the maze, he didn’t feel even a trace of the soul energy that he felt when he was outside.

That could mean that either the soul is not inside this pocket dimension at this moment or it is hiding from him as it considers him as a threat.

But he believes the first theory is most likely the right one as even after he scans every nook and cranny of this place as he is studying the secret of this pocket dimension, he didn’t feel even a single residual soul energy signature.

This time Kyle didn’t just wait till something happen, he releases his soul power to its max and scans everything again, but this time he does it forcefully.

If he does it forcefully he most likely to disturb the inscription on the surrounding and the energy flow of the pocket dimension and it might collapse the entire place.

As he forces his way through, finally something comes out from one of the inscriptions on the wall under him.

If you look carefully you can see that it is not just an inscription it’s also a picture of some kind of person.

Kyle did not know who it is but it is likely some kind of guardian of this pocket dimension.

A bright secular light suddenly appeared out of nowhere and the guardian makes a run for it.

Kyle can sense that the light is the same as the keyhole that he had entered through.

As the guardian just a step away from the keyhole it is stopped by Kyle.

It can’t move its body it was like it was just frozen in space.

Then it starts to move toward Kyle as he also moves toward it.

And now they are face to face with each other.

Kyle looks at the spirit which had a human male form at the age of 30 or 40 with darker brownish skin.

Right now it doesn’t have a leg but it had a full upper body, down to its facial hair.

From the powerful and familiar soul energy that he felt before, Kyle is sure that this is the same person as the one he is looking for.

“So you are the one that is running around outside huh?” Kyle.

The spirit can move again but its body is bound by Kyle's soul power to make sure that it cannot run again.

“Who are you, let me go?” The guardian yells loudly as the entire dimension shake.

Then it starts struggling to get out of the soul bound that had trapped it.

It knows that it is strong, so it uses its energy to create a blast to tries to free itself.

When Kyle sees how he is using his power he just smiles at it.

He might be weak right now but it doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a way to capture a soul who didn’t know how to use its power correctly.

Kyle uses some of his soul spells to restrain the guardian as it tries to release itself.

After minutes of trying it didn’t even budge an inch no matter how much power it releases.

“Are you calm now?” Kyle asks calmly at the guardian as he watches it try again and again to escape from him.

The guardian is out of breath as releasing that much energy, again and again, is tiring even for a soul as strong as it is.

“Who are you, what do you want from me?” The guardian said it word in a softer voice.

“My name is Kyle Clerum. What’s yours”? Kyle asks a simple question to it.

“I’m a Genie, I don’t have a name.” The Jennie responds.

“Are you artificially made?” Kyle.

“I don’t know what you mean.” Genie.

“Are you crafted by someone?” Kyle.

“Yes.” Genie.

“Who?” Kyle.

“Someone by the name of Solomon.” Genie.

4