CHAPTER 50 ICE BATH
124 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            CHAPTER 50 ICE BATH

 

Wox who can hear them inside him, with tear and in disbelief screams to the top of his lung, calling them but from the voice of his daughter and wife, they can’t seem to hear him.

Wox then changes his focus from the voice to Kyle again, he wants to go and ask him what just happen, but before he can even move an inch Kyle voice loudly echo in the entire room.

“DON’T MOVE!” Kyle's mouth didn’t move but his voice loudly explodes like thunder in Wox’s ear. They are communicating as a soul.

As the loud warning is sounded, Kyle didn’t stop moving his hand sign and he still mutters those incomprehensible words.

Wox then understands that Kyle's spell is still not finished, that means that he might be able to do more than just hearing their voices after the spell is finished.

Wox once again focuses his attention toward the voice of his daughter and wife as he stares blankly at his front, which is Kyle.

Wox is beyond happy to just hear his family voices, so he can’t wait for the spell to finish.

Minutes went by and after twenty or so minutes, Kyle finally stops with his incantation and hand sign.

Then he closes his eyes and brought out his right index finger which is lightly glowing at the tip of the finger.

As the glowing becomes brighter his entire right-hand start to trembling. It starts slowly but it becomes faster as the glow becomes brighter.

When the brightness starts to overtake the light in the room Kyle starts to move his glowing finger toward Wox forehead.

Wox is still focusing his attention on the voice.

As the finger is coming toward Wox it’s still trembling.

At the same time, cold vapor starts to come out of Kyle's head and as he breathes.

His body temperature starts to drop rapidly like it was freefalling. That is why he is shaking, he is cold. Moving his body becomes harder as it starts to freeze.

Even though Wox is just within arms reach, it still takes him thirty or more seconds to reach it.

When his finger finally touches Wox forehead something cold starts flow into Wox this time instead.

Wox can feel it but he was so focused on his family that he didn’t think too much about it.

As the finger transfers the cold energy into Wox, he can hear more voices and he can feel that they can hear some of his words but it’s like a broken static.

As times goes on it become clearer until he can communicate with all of the other soul inside him without any problem.

The cold energy that flowing inside his is already stop the moment they can communicate.

Wox then starts to talk with his family first and then with the rest of the soul that is inside him.

Then they find out that whatever is that Wox can see, hear or even touch is share with them as well.

They also confirm that they can only now do this.

As they are asking question after question to Wox one of them noticed that someone is in front of them.

As they ask Wox about it did he realize that Kyle is still in front of him.

He focuses back to Kyle as every single soul inside him asks him about Kyle.

“Kyle, are you okay?” Wox asks as he gives the soul inside him some simple explanation about Kyle.

Kyle is not moving or responding to him, his finger is still on Wox forehead and he is not sure whether or not can he move by now.

Right now Kyle is no longer pouring out icy vapor from himself but he is not responding to anything that Wox said to him.

Then Wox hears a weak voice whisper in his ear.

“Water…” It was Kyle's voices.

With how soft Kyle's voice is Wox is sure that he is either badly injured or in a very weakened state.

Knowing that Kyle wanted some water, he knew that he could move again.

Wox grabs some water inside the freezer cabinet and tries to give it to Kyle.

But as soon as his hand touches Kyle it burns his hand.

The water drops and Wox tries to use telekinesis to open his mouth.

“Bathtub…” But before he can even do it, he once again heard Kyle weakly voices.

Hearing that, Wox quickly runs to the bathroom and open the tap for the tub.

Then he used his telekinesis to slowly move Kyle into the bathtub.

As he moves him, Kyle's right hand did not move an inch as it still pointing out.

Wox slowly put Kyle into the half fill tub.

As soon as Kyle touches the water in the tub the water starts to give out steam.

Wox tries touching the water and he can feel that it is heating up fast.

Then he can hear the other voices inside him telling him that he needs to cool him down, fast.

He understands what they meant and he starts to think.

A few seconds later, he runs out of the room, picks up two buckets along the way and quickly headed toward the ice dispensers.

He remembers seeing it and asks Kyle about it as they walk toward their room.

He fills the bucket and runs back to the room again.

When he got to the bathroom it is filling with steam, he knows that it comes from Kyle.

And he can see that the water in the bathtub is not increasing, it’s even decreased a bit. He can even see that the water is boiling.

He knows that he needs to act fast so he pours the ice and then runs out to get more.

When he got there he remembers one thing about his new power, he can change his form at his will.

He threw the bucket away and changes one of his hands into a huge elastic sack and fills it with ice with the other hand.

He cleans up the entire ice dispenser and goes back to the room.

The good news and the bad news is that there is no change inside the bathroom.

The room is still full of steam, the water is still boiling but the steam and temperature are not increasing. At least it didn’t get any worse.

Wox then pours out all of the ice and fill it to the brim.

Most of the ices quickly melt but after a few minutes, it starts to slow down.

The steam starts to disperse and the water starts to turn cold.

The tub is filled as the ice melt.

Wox gets another sack of ice from another floor and fills the tub again. He is giving Kyle an ice bath.

He tries touching Kyle again and this time he is no longer burning.

Wox then slowly and gently moves down Kyle's right hand that is still pointing out.

After a minute or so Kyle is completely submerged.

Only then did Wox let out a huge breath.

3