Chapter 3
220 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After wishing my father goodnight I tried training a bit with the few dummies that were in the training field...but unfortunately, they weren’t of much help because they all became broken pieces with a single punch which contained less than half of my power….

 

“Sigh” I sighed seeing all this, it means that I won’t be able to train with dummies and would have to engage in fights with other cultivators in order to become strong.

 

I had guessed by now what kind of a story I was in and how the plot would go. I remember reading something similar to this story in my earlier life. It went by the name BTTH. All the people near me right now should be the weakest of what cultivators can become and I’ll have to ascend many levels and explore many lands to become the strongest..that’s how the story should go I believe. A pity that I didn’t get the opportunity to read more of such novels because I was transported here...or maybe I died in my earlier life..well, I can’t remember so no point in mulling over it. 

 

*The Task function has been unlocked

 

There will be certain tasks that the system will give the Host for him to complete in a given period of time only then he will be able to unlock the next batch of chapters.

 

This system will ensure that the actions done by Host are not very different from the original story so that the butterfly effect generated by the user would fall within the limits of what the system could control and if Host takes some actions that could change the story then the system would add tasks to revert the time ripple back to what it was before Host had taken that particular action.

 

Tasks

1)Meditate till you gain 1000 EXP [Curent EXP(13/1000)]

2)Go back to Yun Hai Sect and stay there till further information from the system

3)Hunt in Black Wind Ridge

   Seventh Qi Layer beasts(0/100)

   Eight Qi Layer beasts(0/40)

   Ninth Qi Layer beasts(0/15)

4)Complete the trial at Precipice of The Abyss

 

Reward: Next 30 batches of chapters will get unlocked*

 

After reading the information presented to me on the screen by the system I kind of felt a bit annoyed that I would be a bit constrained by the system but still if I want to take the maximum benefit of this system I indeed should follow most of the story setting..provided it’s not something I’m very disgusted to do.

 

And also doesn’t that mean that if I complete the story and become the strongest in this world..I would not have to think about altering the storyline? Everything I will do then would be me making my own story.

 

I decided to try the first task right now before going to rest. I soon sat in a lotus position closed my eyes and started focusing on my breathing. 

 

Breathe in...Breathe out..Breathe in…

 

I continued doing it and after an hour I stopped because I was mentally exhausted by then. When I opened my eyes I opened up the system screen in front of me by pressing on its minimized square icon which was resting at the bottom right in my field of vision.

 

I checked the experience I gained from this 1 hour of meditation and it was just 43/1000 now...So around 30 exp was gained from 1 hour of mediation...hmm so it will take quite a while for me to fill in the exp bar.

 

Well, I also have other tasks to do so doing it altogether would be the most appropriate way of doing this. Rather than completing the tasks one at a time by solely focusing on them. 

 

The next day in the morning after I woke up, I got ready and went outside. I soon went towards my father’s room which was on the other side of the courtyard and knocked on the door. Mt father soon opened the door.

 

“Xiao Feng you’re early today, come inside.” Lin Hai said as he went back to busy himself with what he was doing after a few minutes when he was done he said, ”I’m done packing up our belongings. Since they dared to kill my son I won’t leave this place without teaching them a lesson in today’s clan meeting.” Taking a pause as if he suddenly remembered something Lin hai continued, “I also thought about what you said about going to some other place from here..Xiao Feng though you’ve jumped up pretty quickly to Ninth Qi Layer there are still many people who are stronger than you so father wants you to go back to Yun Hai Sect so that you can become much stronger. Being with me would only slow your cultivation.”

“Then what about you father? Where will you go?” I asked him

 

“I would be going to the imperial city, so you can come and meet me there when you think you’re strong enough to leave Yun Hai Sect” Lin Hai said.

 

“Alright, father I’ll do that then.” I said.

 

“Let’s go then it’s time for the clan’s meeting.” Lin Hai said quickly forming a serious face. I nodded and followed father as he took the lead. Soon we entered the main courtyard of the clan where the clan meeting is supposed to take place. The place was already filled with people and just like how we noticed them they too noticed us.

 

‘Look isn’t that the clan leader coming..’

 

‘Yes, look behind him it’s his trash of a son..wasn’t he severely wounded..’

 

‘Oh you’re right, he was in a half-dead state when the Yun Hai Sect disciples brought him in...’

 

As we passed the crowd we were able to hear various whispers about us from their mouth, I gave the person who called me trash a death stare which gave him a scare because I didn’t suppress my Qi while doing it.

 

Soon we entered the meeting area and soon I heard a mocking voice “You’re still alive? What a lucky piece of trash you are?” Without looking at the source I could make out that it was Lin Yun who was speaking and instead of replying to him I used Fleeting shadows and appeared in front of me, Before he could realize what was going on, I thrusted a punch right into his abdomen making him fly all the way back. He soon crashed into the walls creating a large crack on them and fell unconscious on the ground bleeding both from his mouth and head.

 

Seeing his son being beaten blue my me Lin Hao Ran lost his calm he soon appeared before his son and when he saw how he was beaten so badly my Lin Feng he felt very ashamed. What was even worse was that all it took was just a punch. His son has made him lose a lot of his face in today’s clan meeting. 

 

“Lin Feng you little trash how dare you beat up my son like that.” He shouted and was almost ready to go and teach Lin Feng a lesson but he was interrupted by Lin Hai midway who stared at him and said without the slightest expression on his face.

 

“You sure have grown balls now that you dare attack my son right in front of me.” Lin Hai said as he kicked Lin Hao Ren making him slide back 8-9 steps.

 

“Lin Hai! I know you’re powerful than me but that doesn’t give you any right to bully me and my son.” Lin Hao Ran shouted in an exaggerated manner so that everyone could clearly hear what he was speaking.

 

“I indeed as a clan leader don’t have the right to bully you but teaching you a lesson is another thing. Your elder son dared to kill my son and since as an elder I don’t want to dirty my hands dealing with youngsters I’m gonna teach you a lesson in his stead.” Lin Haid said and without waiting for Lin Hao Ran to reply he shouted “Ice Bound!”

 

Lin Hao Ran not expecting Lin Hai to attack him and was caught off guard and soon his whole body was trapped in ice after a few seconds Lin Hai shouted “Break” and the ice broke, Lin Hao Ran knelt down on the ground for support and started coughing blood all around he had suffered a lot of internal injuries due to this attack by Lin Hai and was not in any state to say something.

 

Seeing this Lin Bao Dao who had been kept quiet for all this time stood up from his seat and said “Lin Hai how could you injure your brother like that?! Without a shred of feeling you’re able to injure your own brother so mercilessly. A clan head like that can even kill all the members of his own sect if he wants to. Grand elder please speak up, Lin Hai is not suitable for being a Clad Head, Tell him to step down from his post.”

 

Grand Elder understood that Lin Bao Dao was using this as an opportunity to throw down Lin Hai from his throne but before he could say anything he was interrupted by Lin Hai, “You don’t need to worry about that, I was only helping out this clan till now for the sake of my son but now these so-called members of my clan tried to kill my son, I came here today just to say that I don’t want this position of clan head anymore and I’ll be leaving this disappointing clan today along with my son. Whatever happens to this clan in future has nothing to do with me and I hereby break all my relations with you all. Hmph!! Seeing the happy expression on Lin Bao Dao’s face as he was saying that made Lin Hai snort disdainfully

 

Lin Hai then turned to his son. “Son, let’s go no need to stay in a clan filled with ungrateful bastards.” Lin Feng followed him back to their quarters and they soon left the clan with their belongings.

 

They soon separated and went their own ways, One towards the imperial city while the other towards the Yun Hai Sect.

8