Chapter 4
182 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Feng soon reached the Yun Hai Sect but unlike the original, he was now wearing a mask which he made on the way out of a piece of tree truck. The original person was too much of a trash and would attract unnecessary attention so it’s better to wear a mask to avoid unnecessary fights.

 

When he appeared on the gateway, using his movement skill he just passed through the gates without letting the two outer disciples guarding the gate realize that someone has entered through the gate.

 

After entering the sect Lin Feng was pondering over what he should do next. He should not be revealing his identity so going to his residential area was not an option as since his father has taught a lesson to Lin Hao Ran there was still a chance of that bitch Lin Qian to come and seek trouble for him... so it’s better to remain hidden.

 

“Black Wind Ridge..” Lin Feng thought out loud since remaining in the close vicinity of the sect members had more chance of being found out why not I spend more of my time in that forest. I’ll also complete the beast killing tasks that have been assigned to me while at it there.

 

After asking for direction from a few normal-looking disciples who were looking at me as if looking at a country bumpkin I soon reached my destination. I’ll also use this opportunity to enhance my fighting techniques because even though all the info and experience has been dumped inside me by the system...I’m still not a hundred percent confident in my ability to fight.

 

When I was about to enter the region the system suddenly gave out a notification

 

*In order to help the Host in hunting beasts the system shall make the cultivation level of the beasts visible so that he could complete his tasks easily and also escape from higher-level monsters*

 

‘Well that’s very convenient for me, I was kind of worried on how to discover the level of other beasts because I have no knowledge on this topic but thanks to this system prompt, I’m a bit relieved now.’ Lin Feng thought and soon started his hunt.

 

In the outer perimeter of the Black Wind Ridge there were many weak bests at third and fourth Qi layer of cultivation so Lin Feng decided to start with them first and go fight the higher level beasts when he have enough confidence in himself.

 

After a day of hunting beasts, Lin Feng now had enough confidence in his ability to fight. The knowledge he gained by the system has now been perfectly merged with him and so he was now confident in fighting beasts of a higher level. It was around nighttime so he used the sword which he brought with him when he left the clan along with his father and craved out a hollow space in the trunk of a large tree.

 

He covered the outer area with some bushes to create some warmth at night. He then entered the area inside the tree trunk and sat on a lotus position. He planned on meditating the whole night but welp reality is often disappointing...he gave up on it after one and a half hours.

 

‘Sigh..What did I expect..I was barely able to do it for one hour yesterday..can’t just do one for 6-7 hours the next day suddenly. This one and a half hours of meditation is already an achievement.’ Thinking like that Lin Feng got out of the shelter which he just created earlier...

He climbed on the branch of the tree and rested himself by spreading out his legs on the branch while resting his back by the tree trunk. Though it was not very comfortable it was still not bad and so he was able to get a good rest.

 

The next day Lin Feng started hunting beasts of higher levels and after hunting some beasts he checked his task panel to see his progress.

 

Tasks

1)Meditate till you gain 1000 EXP [Curent EXP(88/1000)]

2)Go back to Yun Hai Sect and stay there till further information from the system

3)Hunt in Black Wind Ridge

   Seventh Qi Layer beast(69/100)

   Eight Qi Layer beasts(12/40)

   Ninth Qi Layer beasts(0/15)

4)Complete the trial at Precipice of The Abyss

 

Reward : Next 30 batch of chapters will get unlocked*

 

Seeing his present count Lin Feng thought that he had no other choice but to go deeper inside the Black Wind Ridge if he wanted to complete his hunting task fully.

 

So he stayed in his current area till he killed the required number of Seventh Qi Layer beasts and went deeper inside the forest afterwards. The deeper he went the thicker the surroundings began to the point that there was only a little bit of light seeping in the forest thanks to the few gaps which were left by the leaves of the trees.

 

Soon Lin Feng discovered his first Ninth Layer beast as for its name..he had no clue, the system only helped him in seeing the levels of the beast...the beast looked similar to a tiger but it had a scorpion tail...Lin Feng became serious after meeting this opponent. Fighting the Eight Layer beasts gave him a slight idea that fighting the Ninth Layer beasts is gonna be a bit difficult but since the system has put them in the task panel it means that I’m strong enough to defeat them.

 

He first used his Nine Heavy Waves on the beast and as the beast was busy facing the attacks he flashed towards the side of the beast and used his Sword Drawing Skill and before the beast could react its head was decapitated.

 

Well using this method was quite efficient but it used half of my qi. So I can only use this move two times before my qi is exhausted. I looked for a place for me to recover and after recovering my Qi I followed this tactic of hunting and recovering and by the end of the day I successfully hunted 15 Ninth Layer Beasts. I was quite pleased with myself. It was quite late now so I decided to meditate till I can this time and then go to sleep.

 

This time instead of wasting my time on creating a shelter I just sat below the tree on whose branch I would be sleeping later after finishing my meditation.

 

Today I reached the 2-hour mark and was quite satisfied with myself. I opened up the task panel to admire my progress of the day.

Tasks

1)Meditate till you gain 1000 EXP [Curent EXP(148/1000)]

2)Go back to Yun Hai Sect and stay there till further information from the system

3)Hunt in Black Wind Ridge

   Seventh Qi Layer beast(100/100)

   Eight Qi Layer beasts(35/40)

   Ninth Qi Layer beasts(15/15)

4)Complete the trial at Precipice of The Abyss

 

Seeing my progress made me feel quite good, I only needed to hunt 5 more Eight Qi Layer beasts which was gonna be a simple task for me.

 

While Lin Feng was appreciating his daily progress unbeknownst to him a dark fog much darker than the night was covering him from all directions and in a few minutes would engulf him fully.

 

Lin Feng suddenly felt a chill and he raised his alertness. He closed down his task panel and focused in front of him with wariness. He felt as if someone was staring at him with killing intent. He never knew what killing intent was before but when he experienced this feeling there was no doubt in his mind that this was killing intent. 

 

After a few seconds in the darkness in front of him which due to some unknown reason looked much darker than on normal nights he soon noticed a pair of sharp ferocious eyes staring at him. When he met those eyes he felt as if his soul was being suppressed. He couldn’t move nor make a single sound…

 

His life now was in the hands of this unknown beast.

 

Will Lin Feng be able to survive this ordeal? Will he come out unscathed or will he perish to find his soul trapped in the eternal void. Find out in the NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BALL SUPER!!

6