Chapter 10
106 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Levelling up and knowledge transfer shall begin in 10 seconds. Host is advised to calm his mental state to make the process easier for him.

 

10

 

9

 

8..

 

Reading the familiar system prompt on my screen I was once again filled with happiness and without wasting much time I sat down in a meditative position and prepared myself for the sudden spike of strength and knowledge.

After a short period of time which felt very long to me, the transfer process was finally completed. I’m now at the Second Ling Qi Layer and my dark spirit has also activated.

 

I soon stood up to test my dark spirit. When I activated it this time all my surroundings got engulfed in darkness, but instead of obstructing my vision this darkness enhanced not only my vision but also all my other senses. I could sense all the things and the changes happening at a distance of hundred meters from me.

 

Thinking of something I exited the cave and went towards the spring to observe my reflection on the water surface. The face that appeared on the lake had no difference except that the eyes which used to look normal a few moments back now looked so dark as though it could swallow anyone who looked at them.

 

‘It kind of looks cool on me’ Lin Feng thought and then he entered the dark world once and thought about something. Soon a book came into his vision within the world of darkness. He took hold of the book and opened it. He was only able to open the book cover and see the first page of the book which was blank. As for the rest of the pages, they seemed to be stick together as no matter how much Lin Feng tried removing them they didn’t move an inch.

 

Lin Feng then exited the dark world and then checked another thing that he discovered from those 60 chapters he read.

 

He had almost forgotten about his snake spirit after activating it but now after reading those chapters he found out how to use it. He soon brought out his snake spirit which came out while being coiled around his neck and slithering its tongue on one of his ears playfully.

 

He ordered his spirit mentally to transfer the ability of the beast which it had devoured earlier and soon the ability along with the information about the ability of that beast entered his mind.

The beast had the ability to merge itself with its surroundings and totally hide its presence. If not for the strong killing intent given by the beast Lin Feng would not even have realised the presence of that beast before it entered his spiritual world.

 

Lin Feng activated that ability and soon his body merged with the surroundings leaving no trace of him. Thinking that this spirit ability would be very handy, Lin Feng was quite happy.

 

After relishing in his happiness for a while Lin Feng started thinking about what he should be doing next. From what he had read till now, Yun Hai Sect was gonna get destroyed soon.

 

‘It’s a bit regrettable but it can’t be helped, given my abilities I have no way of saving them. It’s a good thing I’m not very emotionally attached to this sect or its members and have only read about them…’ Lin Feng thought to himself.

 

Lin Feng soon made up his mind, since his identity as a talented disciple of the sect has not been revealed it won’t be much problem for him to run away from the sect right now and go to some other place. Though it’s a bit shameful but it’s not like he owes anything to this sect.

 

The next day Lin Feng gathered all the things that he would be needing which amounted to only a bag containing some food and water and moved towards the exit of the sect while wearing his mask. On his way out he didn’t attract much attention from other disciples because it was quite common for them to go out from time to time.

 

He removed his wooden mask after he had exited the sect’s main gate and covered quite a distance because he won’t be needing it for now. His destination was obvious, the imperial city. While on his way he heard the fast rustling of winds, he soon looked up and saw a legendary roc passing him at a fast speed with two people on its back who would have looked like ants to him if not for him being a Second Ling Qi Layer cultivator. One of them was a young man and the other was a young woman, the man looked quite dignified and the woman also was pretty good looking. 

 

Connecting the dots, Lin Feng soon became aware of their identities. ‘So that’s how my bitch of a cousin look….Lel they be wasting their time going to the sect to look for me’ I snickered to myself and went on my way. Lin Feng had changed to a normal attire instead of the one worn by disciples of the sect so there was no chance that anyone would recognise me.

 

Lin Feng soon reached a town and from there he got on a carriage which was headed to the imperial city, the whole journey would take around 20-21 days. So the only thing Lin Feng could do to reduce his boredom was to look outside at the scenery.

3