Chapter 11
84 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The carriage was not quite spacious so I had already given the driver an extra tip so that he won't add other passengers. As a result of this, my journey went quite smoothly or so I thought until...

"Stop right there!" A loud voice came from the outside and soon the carriage was stopped. Too lazy to look outside  I used the new ability of the dark spirit which I just got to perceive my surroundings. There were a total of four people. Two of them were at the front of the carriage pointing spears at the driver and the other two were behind the bushes.

"Take the passengers and get lost! We'll be taking over this carriage." said one of the two thugs and without waiting for the driver's reply he smacked him down from the driver's seat. Well after all that it would be too unkind of me if I don't come outside so I stepped out of the carriage, the bandit who smacked the driver down, seeing me was about to say something but I gave him a hand gesture to pause and after a yawn followed by a bit of stretching, I finally met the eyes of the bandit who finally regained his wit and became angry at the fact that he listened to my order.

"Who the fuck are you kid?! You better fuck your ass off along with that piece of shit of a driver if you don't want to die here." the bandit said angrily.

Meh, these guys were only in the Eight or Ninth Qi Layer and were acting so haughtily..they truly didn't know the immensity of heaven and earth.

"Any last wishes?" I asked politely not minding how the former abused me earlier.

"What did you spout you little shit?! Looks like you don't treasure your life." the bandit who was remaining silent till now said and then rushed towards me with his spear pointing at me.

"I guess not." I said as I took out my sword from the scabbard and using my agility technique decapitated his head. It felt quite good cutting heads...looks like I was born to do this I mused to myself.

The other bandit was scared witless seeing his partner's head falling to the ground followed by his body which was still pumping out blood from his neck region and I slowly approached him he fell down on his butt and crawled backwards by moving his hands backwards till he couldn't cause his back met the carriage.

"S-Senior please don't kill me, I was at fault I know I will never dare to be so insolent in my life from next time please let me..."   CHIK   "..go." said the decapitated head of the bandit.

"You two in the bushes come out within 10 seconds if you want your life," I said looking towards the bushes and soon a man who was obviously scared shitless came out of the bushes. 

'Where's the other one' I thought and was about to ask when I saw that the man was dragging someone by the arm, it was an unconscious boy whose legs and hands were tied.

"Who are you guys? Where are you taking that boy," I asked calmly.

The bandit didn't dare hide anything from me and revealed the truth, "Senior we are slave traders, we usually move in a large group but this kid managed to escape and in order to catch him, I and my brothers separated from the group. After catching him we didn't had any means of transport so we decided to take control over one of the passing carriages..." said the bandit and after finishing what he said he kowtowed on the ground while saying, "Senior this junior knows that he has committed a grave sin and should be killed for it but I hope that this item would be able to make senior forgive me for the troubles my group have caused to him." The bandit said as he slowly took out a pouch containing what might be valuables to me.

I accepted it without any modesty and put it in the inner pocket of my clothing too lazy to check what was inside. "Alright, you can go now..." The bandit clearly was very happy cause it seemed as if light suddenly came back to his previous despondent eyes.

The bandit was about to grab the boy and go his way before he heard my following words "leave that boy behind though." the bandit knew that something like this might happen and was just trying his luck so he just forgot about his earlier intentions and went his way after thanking Lin Feng profusely for his magnanimity.

Lin Feng then stared at the driver who was now hiding behind a nearby tree and said "You may come out now, they've gone ...untie this child and put him on the carriage, we'll continue our journey tomorrow morning." said Lin Feng as he went inside the carriage first. It was already late at night and he wanted to sleep.

 

3