Chapter 52
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍It's nearly five pm and Wonwoo has been staring at the sky. Some students are already leaving and others are coming into school for the late night studying.  He usually stays at the rooftop at around this time until there is little movement but today he is not in the mood to follow his regular routine. 

He feels a bit confused , heavy and angry. But mostly he feels betrayed. He feels like how he felt when Austin started recruiting people on the side to work against and track him and like the first time that Hansol was brought into the team . Those times it felt like top management  were being selfish or plain jerks but now he can't explain the betrayal nor does he know how to stop it.  

He walked slowly and he headed out of the school. 

" I am gonna head to Nunbit, see yah", SeongHwa told him and  knodded . Wonwoo walked two steps and his tummy started to rumble.

He hasn't eaten anything since yesterday and he has been in class all day working, even when they were given a break he just stared outside the window not going to grab something to eat. The rumbling continued and started to knot his stomach a little. It was uncomfortable and a bit straining for him to bare . He placed a hand on it and felt the need to peel his stomach out of his body.

***

" Did you give him the drive?", Chan barked at Wooyoung who replied he couldn't find Hansol anywhere.

Wooyoung was still in the study area and he had finished editing everything  . He was hungry and tired. Hansol had stormed out of here a few hours ago and Wooyoung had been more productive. But in the goal to get rid of him , he actually forgot to give him the drive. 

" Stay where you are and I will call him for you and then you can meet. If you find some particular way to mess this up , my boot is going to end up in ..",

" Fine", he interrupted him. Chan's threats are boring and they are a waste of vocabulary. It's best if Wooyoung doesn't at all hear what he had to say as it is usually not anything impressive. 

****

SaeOn laid facing to the ceiling. He couldn't fall asleep even if he was exhausted so he just looked upwards.

Next to him was his homework and other things that he had to complete but nothing was begun yet. His gadgets were running on low battery but he didn't even bother to charge them . Even the plate of warm omelet had turned cold and stale as he just ignored its presence 

He raised his hand above his head and he looked to his wrists. There were multiple scars , some new and other old. He looked like he was attacked by a deranged cat . Thought they look serious , they were not particularly painful when he made them . They would itch sometimes only when he didn't have ash off the wound before the blood dried nonetheless they always feel like a hornet's sting , in his opinion 

" Young master, I have brought some tea ", a servant knocked outside of his room but SaeOn just kept quiet so the worker stood silently. He knows from training that silence is a red card and means two things, the master is in trouble or the master doesn't want trouble. Today is the latter 

" I will eat later  ", he spoke and with that he got off the bed and he walked to the balcony.  The old man behind the door left and he went on with his duties. 

Saeon pushed open the glass doors and the dark night greeted him by gently tapping his cheeks.  He stared at the sky.  It was a bit cold and very uncomfortable but it felt a bit refreshing to be in a different environment. He feels really stuffy and inappropriate. Sort of like the first time he came here, everything was so strange and unfamiliar. 

When his parents transferred him here, they just dumped him .His parents call once every two days and he has to wear the happy face but he is really bored by the facade . Today was one of those days and all he wanted to do was to slam the laptop because it's always the same topics. Friends, school, dating and health. They never asked about Austin so they probably don't know about him. 

When SaeOn's parents made plans to transfer him, Austin 's servants informed him of it therefore he had been watching SaeOn until he came here. Austin made his utmost efforts to make SaeOn's stay homey. But ever since SaeOn got here he hasn't even met Austin. On the fifth day after he arrived, he merely got a phone call from Austin's main servant and a bunch of workers who escorted him to a luxurious penthouse. 

 The first time he saw him was in Beverly hills and Austin was feeding from dog food in SaeOn 's backyard.Instead of SaeOn questioning him, he actually joined him. SaeOn was three and Austin eight. He looked very unclean and sick but SaeOn didn't really care.

Austin was too poor for school and he didn't even want school . So he could speak basic grammar. SaeOn on the other hand was considerably literate so he taught him everything he learned in school especially maths. Every week SaeOn would write him a note and leave it where they agreed. It was never the same place and each letter detailed a change in location. In one of the letters,  Austin promised SaeOn that he would by him a castle on the sky . It didn't make sense why he would say that but SaeOn just agreed . 

SaeOn's parents traveled a lot so did he but  Austin always found SaeOn. No matter where, California or Houston, Austin would always find SaeOn and it felt great having that kind of person around. One who would emerge out of thin air whenever. He kept at this for eleven years 

Austin told SaeOn everything from his dreams, his favorite colors, his favourite movies and all SaeOn did was listen. Austin appeared like a gruesome soulless parasite but when he talks about himself he becomes like the sweet and down-to-earth son of a baker and a priest . He aspired living in Japan because of the cultural houses and the zen gardens so he begged SaeOn to teach him Japanese which he did When Austin was in his late teens,  SaeOn gave him eighty percent of his saving so he could fly all over the world especially to Japan atleast to see that place and come back... 

Because of the lack of encryption of phone calls and the need for Austin to become a ghost,  SaeOn never heard Austin's voice after he boarded the flight. He wanted to go with him and find all the beauty of the world but his parents would look for him. So he let Austin go. He felt lonely forever. No one wrote him letters or gave him awful dating advice ( handing a glass of water to someone who is angry ends the argument faster) . He missed him badly but had no way of contacting him. The worst part was that his parents thought he was going through a phase and hired a therapist for him. However the more they forced him to give a reason for his cold behavior the more scars he carved in his skin.

A few years after Austin left, SaeOn started getting postcards from strange people . They were of various places  like Vietnam, Hawaii, Italy, Paris, London etc. And at the back of every card was  five alphabets. P S : MYB, PS: WTM , PS: FEA... Literally they made no sense but they had a pattern. They seemed to be from one person and that seemed to be Austin.  Moreover it sucked how the postcards came after two to three months and how they never said anything else.

Anyway on the day he moved into the penthouse, he found a postcard on the bed and it was of Korea. The letters were PS: WWM. 

He threw it in the pile of the collection he kept. 

He feels like Austin is here but that is bothersome thinking. Austin would always emerge out of thin air if he was near SaeOn but why hasn't he done it yet. If he can hire people to send letters why hasn't he appeared himself. Why does he need to be a ghost like this??

Why are people always going faraway from him? Don't think he wants to come too? First it was Austin then it was his parents and now it's Jung. 

He first met Jung at the school cafeteria when he placed a fruit bowl on his tray. It was embarrassing because his allergies acted up that day and he begun to hiss weirdly. 

The next time they met was when BoGum dragged SaeOn to dorm as SaeOn keeps getting lost . Jung was sleeping on the bed , smelling of bath salt which SaeOn is a little bit allergic to. BoGum didn't know of the allergies to certain salts so when SaeOn hissed he thought he was having an asthma attack.

He quickly woke Jung up and they had to figure out some quick first aid. 

They made him sit on the sofa by the window and as BoGum ran to the nearest pharmacy , he had Jung hold a towel to SaeOn's head that they had drenched in warm water from the shower. They couldn't use honey because it wasn't organic and SaeOn was already turning red. 

The water made SaeOn dripping wet but the hissing went down. After it did, Jung asked how he got sick and instead of SaeOn saying it was Jung's bath salt he said that he had eaten some home foods. Jung told him never to eat anything that wasn't organic or else he will stalk him when he has lunch and feed him the right stuff.

SaeOn thought Jung was crazy . He accidentally lowered the towel and inhaled the salt this hissing again.

' suddenly I realize you hiss whenever you are near me. Are you also allergic to me? ', he asked and SaeOn shook his head immediately.

' whatever , then I will definitely stay far from you for health purposes ', he joked and continued holding the towel to his face. It felt saddening for him to hear that as he knows he won't get better if Jung does that 

Honestly as crazy as it sounds, if feels like Jung is a fortune teller. He started to fade away from SaeOn's life after that.

They met again at Nunbit and in the school grounds but the occurrence started to get more and more faint

SaeOn placed his hands on his face when he remembers Jung.

" Heath purposes! That is so immature!", He spoke to himself and he looked at the horizon.

" I want my birthday wish!!", He screamed and he slumped onto the barristers. 

*****

" Seriously! ", Yung placed the pen on the table.

SanHa was asleep on the bed and with his headsets on and he hasn't studied all day. He looked very so miserable and unkempt. He hasn't eaten all day and he is very tired.

This is the third time it has happened today. First was after he walked Tzuyu to class , second was when he was trying to eat and now. 

He feels distracted and demotivated . He is not burned out at all but he is really having a hard time getting some work done. Maybe a bit of Tzuyu 's depression is spreading to him . 

He pushed the stuff to the side and he looked to his phone. Why does he felt so disoriented?

He clicked his phone-book, his uncle and Mark had called a few days ago. He had called Hansol twice and Tzuyu eight times in twenty hours. He then jumped to the school feed and as usual EunWoo was the thumbnail.

' psychology student... ', 

It hit him like a train a full blast that he literally sore . He forgot about Wonwoo while he was busy dealing with Tzuyu . How can his brain erase him so easily? 

While at that , Tzuyu texted him asking if he was asleep. He immediately replied that he was getting ready for bed.within the second he remembered him , he immediately forgot about him again.

He continued texting Tzuyu for the next three hours, talking about movies and holidays . talking to her made him a bit at ease so he regained his motivation to work . He managed to complete twelve pages of code and after that he went to sleep.

0