Meeting in Kyoto II
430 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving at their destination while while drawing jealous looks from men and women alike, the trio moved to the "reverse side" of Kyoto where the Yokai lived.

Kuroka and Shirone immediately stopped hiding their cat ears and twin cat tails as Jun held them all the way to Yasaka's residence where here daughter, little Kunou was waiting to greet them.

"Welcome Kuroka-sna, Shirone, Jun-sama. We've been expecting you." A Kunou even younger than she was in the original DxD tried to greet them very seriously but her nervous blush just mad it all look extremely cute.

"It great to finally visit. I have been wanting to come for a while but other matters kept me so I'm thankful for the invitation." Jun responded seriously in respect to Kunou's effort.

The little fox girl nodded and with a gesture, led the trio inside, seemingly happy with how things went and believing she had done a good job of welcoming her mother's guests.

Moments later, they were led to one of those traditional japanese styled rooms where Yasaka and Nurarihyon were already waiting.

"Welcome, Haikami Jun. I've heard alot about you." Yasaka greeted.

"Good things I hope." Jun returned in greeting.

"Mostly." Yasaka responded with a smile.

"Oh?" Jun shot a look to Kuroka who looked away guiltily while Shirone giggled at her sister getting in trouble for her mouth.

"Hmm . . . From the girls' talks I was expecting someone more impressive looking." Nurarihyon jabbed from the side while Yasaka internally sighed at his bad habit of messing with people while the nekoshou sisters shot him a dirty look.

Jun could have given a proper response that would earn him points and build a good image but the time for him to cater to others had long passed and teasing r not, showing some respect in a first meeting is just basic. And so jun returned as much respect as he got.

"Not my fault you're too blind to see what's what old man." He shrugged.

"Short temper?" Nurarihyon cackled while Yasak was slightly disappointed with Jun's reaction thinking he would keep his cool and show the minimum respect a leader like Nurarihyon should receive regardless of circumstance, especially since Jun was the guest.

"Not at all. I've simply elected to give as much respect as I have received." Jun casually replied.

"Besides, no matter how insulting it may be, what I said is the truth." He added.

"I can't believe I came all the way here for this. My time was better spent in the Nasuverse where people know how to handle themselves . . ." Jun said to himself and Kuroka who was slightly embarrassed.

She knew that Nurarihyon would poke and prod Jun, she also knew Jun was in a position where he absolute didn't have to take crap from nobody, much less a mere yokai so weak in comparison, that he could obliterate them and their entire faction with minimal effort.

Unfortunately, she just assumed he would take in good sport since he was usually pretty chill.

What Kuroka failed to realize, was that Jun was pretty chill with two types of individuals, those he was close with, and those that he knew of and found to his liking.

Azazel was also someone currently weaker than Jun by a lot and they were not that close but Jun would still talk smack with him, no problem.

Nurarihyon was different however, as Jun didn't really feel anything in particular in regards to the old man and thus, demanded a certain amount of respect, especially since he was his better.

Coming to this realization, Kuroka felt like hitting herself for expecting her man and her saviour to just take insults from the old man in stride when he didn't have to and shouldn't if he had any self respect.

She was also feeling worried that Jun would escalate things on a whim if he kept being pushed. After, Kuroka knew Jun had little problems with wreaking havoc so long as he had enough incentive and moral concerns didn't usually stop him unless it was truly horrendous.

After all, Jun considered a leader the face and the voice of a faction, if their leader made an enemy out of him, to Jun, the faction itself became his enemy and all of its members were fair game regardless of perceived innocence or ignorance.

Certainly not the most just way to go about things but Jun was never big on justice in the first place anyways.

"Please Jun-san." Kuroka pleaded before shooting a glare at Nurarihyon who was about to keep going.

'I'm trying to save your life old man! Don't ruin it!' She internally shouted.

Jun sighed and with a low fine he sat down.

Yasaka was feeling a bit confused, she felt genuine worry from Kuroka but not towards her supposed lover who she cared for beyondreason from what yasaka had heard from the cat girls herself.

The nekoshou sisters had been quite tight lipped about who exactly Jun was and how powerful he was. The yokai knew he was not a pushover and that he had run ins with Grigori, the Chaos Brigade and the Five Clans.

However, they still thought of him as an extremely talented leader of an up and coming group when in reality, not even the old monsters of the DxD verse stood a chance against him for the most part.

Yasaka felt worry from Kuroka, worry that she, from all information gathered, deduced was directed at Nurarihyon should he truly set off this Haikami Jun.

Realizing this, she began to consider who exactly, what kind of individual was she dealing with. She was disappointed by Jun's reaction to Nurarihyon's teasing but if the boy was truly powerful, enough so that Kuroko was not at all worried about him . . .

Well, for all the nice platitudes some liked to spew, power was to be respected. Yasaka and Nurarihyon were not the leaders of the Yokai simply due to their virtues and good management, it was because they were the mightiest amongst them.

"So Jun-san, I heard you were born in Kuoh?" Yasaka began probing. Jun realized this but as she was being nice about it, he decided to ignore it and honestly answer.

"Indeed I was." Jun replied.

"How old are you? Kuroka never mentioned it." She continued to ask, passing it off as simple curiosity.

"To be truthful, I'm not quite sure. So much time manipulation means I'm significant older that I am supposed to be considering I was born less than twenty years ago in this world. But all things considered, I might be a couple hundred at least." Jun pondered out loud.

That set off all kinds of alarm bells in the two yokai leaders' heads. Because Jun's words meant two things. First he had a lot more time to grow stronger than they had though, enough that he was not really a youngster though he was far from being as old as those like the Satans.

More importantly however, messing with time to such a degree belied an immense power. Enough so, that Nurarihyon began to regret his initial actions and Yasaka was getting relieve she didn't let her preconceptions cloud her judgement for too long.

For the old man however, he was beginning to sweat. Arriving at the likely possibility that Jun was powerful enough to wipe him out along with his faction on a mere whim . . .

'Me and my big mouth . . .'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

9