Can It Even be called War? XIII
298 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"From Hell . . .' The devils, Falbium included, hear an ironically demonic whisper, echoing throughout their surroundings as utterly malevolent auras started manifesting all around them.

Hundreds of Jacks that were hidden within the mist outside Fabium's barrier dropped their disguises as their forms twisted and grew into fearsome monstrosities.

The Devils of DxD were about to to experience the devils of popular human belief and the terror which they embodied in their full wrath.

Activating the noble phantasm also began affection the surrounding area, as The Mist became thicker and darker, strange bluish-black plants beginning to take root on the ground and magma filled craters giving off poisonous steam formed.

Human-faced bats flew through the air, almost making the DxD devils think vampires were involved and imp-shaped flames started popping up lighting up the area in an ominous way.

Countless illusory, sooty buildings, suggestive of London back alleys, materialized as illusions made of fog, a twisted version of the streets Jack had once stalked her prey in, a century ago in a different world.

Jack herself morphed into a monster roughly five meters tall, hellishly horrid yet bearing undeniable raw sensuality a manifestation of pure unadulterated sin.

Toxic blue-purple skin, like a cross between a blueberry and a poisonous insect, long, unusually developed arms ending in glittering, saber-like claws, long twisted horns and sharp fangs protruding from a demonic face like the skull of a demonic beast and large wings that darkened the sky, fluttering like black smoke.

Despite them being actual devils, the shadows of the monsters still concealed in the surrounding mist invoked a deep sense of dread in them, as if they were meeting the terror they were meant to be, the true face their species was meant to have while they themselves were just an inferior copy.

With a cacophony of unearthly roars, all of the horrifying demonic beings fired beams of hellish energy from their eyes and mouth, bombarding Falbium's barrier and, much to the Satan's shock, he could feel it straining.

'I've expanded it too much. If I was just protecting myself those things would never be able to put a scratch on me but like this . . .' Falbium bitterly thought.

He was right. Even when using her trump card, Jack liked the focused destructive power to breach his personal barrier because her more powerful attacks relied on quantity and as such, spread her raw power too much.

However, by expanding his personal barrier to such a huge degree, Falbium created a very lçarge surface for Jack to bombard and thus, he was straining under the continuous assault.

It was then that the situation changed again and this time, in the Devils' favor. One of the players that had been content to sit back and command, decided to personally join the fray at this critical time and the effect was tremendous.

A massive wave of reddish black energy blanketed the whole area under The Mist, the already straining barrier of Falbium shattered but successfully blocked the attack while the various Demonic Jacks were mostly obliterated with the a few hanging around the periphery of the fog escaping uninjured.

The Mist was dispelled and both the remaining Jacks and the devils looked up in the air to see a handsome middle aged devil with black hair, wearing a noble attire fitting of his high status and showing peaceful violet eyes that clashed with the sheer brutality of his introduction.

For the first time in centuries, Zekram Bael had personally taken to the frontline of an active war if it could be called as such.

It was perfectly clear that Haikami Jun's forces were specifically targeting his faction. While the Four Satans Faction was getting humiliated and pressured and the Old Satan Faction was catching some stray fire, his Great King Faction was the only one receiving focused attacks.

Coming out a doing battle himself was not what he wanted but clearly, something was holding back most of the current Satans who were the main powerhouses of the Devil race.

'The witch Morgan definitely has some way to keep all those who went to the meeting suppressed but while the brat from Glasya-Labolas is present fighting, the little girl from Sitri is not. Most likely, there is some sort of backroom deal going on and she is setting up a political move.' Zekram evaluated.

'If so, there is no better way to earn prestige that can provide protection from a political attack than to defend the people from an enemy which even a Satan could not protect them.' He concluded.

"Old Lord Bael." Falbius greeted with respect tinged with reproach for the indiscriminate attack while the devils under his protection, many of which belonged to the Great King Faction rushed to show their unending worship for the legendary devil flying above them.

Zekram Bael, the Original Bael of the 72 Pillars, a true first generation devil created by Lucifer and his wife Lilith.

"Falbium Glasya-Labolas. For a Great Satan to let such intruders have free reign to rampage in our territory." He chided with the air of a senior.

Despite being one of the main reasons for the greatly diminished authority and power of the Old Satan families, Zekram still greatly respected the original four Satans and did not refer to the current ones by their Satan names, sticking to their original family names out of reverence for their predecessors.

While the two devils had this little greeting, Jack faded out of sight while quickly communicating with Morgan about the developments.

'Oh? The main player personally joined the field it seems . . .' The Fairy Queen thought to herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

8