Can It Even be called War? XIV
328 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite being one of the main reasons for the greatly diminished authority and power of the Old Satan families, Zekram still greatly respected the original four Satans and did not refer to the current ones by their Satan names, sticking to their original family names out of reverence for their predecessors.

While the two devils had this little greeting, Jack faded out of sight while quickly communicating with Morgan about the developments.

'Oh? The main player personally joined the field it seems . . .' The Fairy Queen thought to herself.

'Retreat and await an opportunity to strike at your targets. I shall create an opening for you.' Morgan commanded Jack and decided to send a little present Falbium and Zekram's way.

"They escaped? No . . . That's not right . . ." Zekram thought out loud.

'Jun Haikami's forces clearly had a goal here, they were probably targeting my men which are under the Glasya-Labolas kid's protection. If so . . . There is no way they would just abandon their goals with such a little setback.' He internally pondered.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the answer to those doubts was about to become painfully obvious and that pain, was most likely going to be very literal to somebody.

Back to the ruined conference hall where Morgan, Jeanne and Artoria were in a "stalemate" if you could call it that, with the majority of the devil leadership, the Fairy Queen suddenly raised her open hand to the sky and one of the mirror like portals she was see previously using, manifested above.

In a mere instant, a flash of dark, bluish light shot out from her hand into the mirror, after which the mirror disappeared as suddenly as it had appeared and Morgan lowered her hand nad simply stood there as if nothing had happened.

Most of the devils were confused while a few of the smarter ones had a really bad feeling but Jeanne and Artoria who knew exactly what had just happened gave looks towards their leader in this venture, as if asking for an explanation with just their eyes.

At the same time, in the sky above Zekram, albium and the few devils he was previously shielding, a massive water like mirror appeared, shifting to show not a reflection of the ground but a seemingly endless void and from it, dark bluish light emerged in the form of an enormous lance.

Morgan had fired a shadow of one of her Rhongomyniad and while not had devastating as if she had unleashed the actual body of the divine construct, it still unleashed destructive might that could be felt all across the underworld.

The aura coming from the descending lance seemed to lock down the space, preventing all kinds of escape from its merciless judgment and, feeling its might, most key figures in the underworld remembered a certain event that gave them a similar feeling, one that had occured years ago.

A light that though golden, left them feeling almost the same, one that annihilated a certain devil's territory along with all of his forces in one fateful night.

Unbeknownst to Morgan and Jun, the powerful figures amongst the devil race had finally connected the attack Jun had unleashed during his rescue of Kuroka and Shirone to his group, even if not directly to him.

This was because though a different version, he too had basically used Rhongomyniad to destroy that facility where the nekoshou sisters had once been imprisoned in.

Of course, compared the Jun of back then, not only had Morgan released a much more powerful attack, she had also done in such a way that her targets would not be able to escape and she watched with her magecraft without leaving her original position, she thought to herself . . .

'Let's see how they deal with this . . .'

Zekram immediately felt the threat and started accumulating power the moment an anomaly was detected in the sky above and thus, by the time the lance made its appearance, he had almost already accumulated as much power as he could dish out in one go.

And so, after a little more holding, he fired a massive reddish black beam of the Power of Destruction, his own clan's innate ability and the hallmark of their supremacy amongst the 72 Pillars, directly at the descending weapon of mass destruction.

Much to his unending shock however, the lance continued with its descent, seemingly unbothered as the mere energy radiating off of it seemed enough to consume the Power of Destruction before it could actually reach the body of the divine construct's shadow.

Seeing this, his expression turned grave as he looked towards Falbium who had his gaze locked onto the descending doom.

Long gone was any trace of casualness. Even when getting harassed by Jack, he had more of a "full of this crap" expression on his face rather than a serious one but now, he was as sharp as one could be.

'That thing has enough power packed into it to annihilate this whole territory . . . Along with every single devil on it . . . I can't let it hit the ground.' Falbium thought to himself while mustering his resolve and all of his remaining strength for one single last move.

With overwhelming ferocity, he shot up into the air, his wings flaring and further accelerating him upwards.

The Satan's Absolute Defense was overcharged to the limit, it made him look like a small orange sun rising at blinding speed to meet the holy lance promising death to all devils in the large territory te battle was taking place in.

By this point, even the daftness of beings knew exactly was Falbium's "plan" was . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

6