Can It Even be called War? XV
306 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With overwhelming ferocity, Falbium shot up into the air, his wings flaring and further accelerating him upwards.

The Satan's Absolute Defense was overcharged to the limit, it made him look like a small orange sun rising at blinding speed to meet the holy lance promising death to all devils in the large territory the battle was taking place in.

By this point, even the daftest of beings knew exactly was Falbium's "plan" was.

Without even leaving time for anyone to properly react, the two forces unceremoniously crashed.

At first, there was an illusion of silence, as if time stopped for a moment and all sound was gone from the world but that illusion broke swiftly as a thunderous crack echoed throughout the entirety of the underworld.

But even after that initial boom, a continuous cracking sound continued to to original from the clash as Falbium tried his best to stop the descending Rhongomyniad.

'There's the promised chance!' Jack gleefully though and while all the devils, Zekram included, had the entirety of their attention focused on the clash, she swiftly reaped the lives of her remaining targets before melting away into the shadows once more, this time for good.

Zekram had noticed her by the time she slew her fourth victim but after two more kills, Jack was done with her job and escaped before he could actually counter attack. Getting his people killed right under his nose was definitely a disgrace but he was not his son.

So long as he lived through this, rather than getting unnecessarily outraged, he would simply be better prepared next time and make his enemy pay.

Truthfully though, he could not be blamed for the oversight. The enemy had clearly unleashed a move focused on wide area devastation and from all reports, Jun's group did not have members considered expendable.

As such, it was easy to assume the stealthy attacker cleared out before the massive attack could hit. What he failed to take into account, was that Morgan roughly estimated Falbium's defensive prowess by analyzing his barrier when he was battling Jack.

With that rough estimate, she lowered the strength of her attack to the point where he could at least hold it back long enough for Jack to get her kills in and escape.

And just as she intended, Falbium was holding his own. Rhongomyniad was slowly inching downwards still but its deadly descent had clearly slowed down.

"RRRAAAAAAARRRGGGGHHH!" The Satan roared as he went over his limit, making his defence more powerful that it ever was but . . .

The holy lance was still mercilessly descending. Maybe Falbium would survive but if he could not stop the descent, then no one else would survive along with him.

But he had one last trick up his sleeve.

Despite being known for defence and being the weakest attacker amongst all the top devils, Falbium Asmodeus had another laurel to his name, one that was not mentioned nearly as much, he was also the greatest counter attacker, so long as his foe was powerful enough.

The Satan's barrier, while it held, there was no denying that shadow of Rhongomyniad that Morgan released had battered it more than it had never been battered.

'It should be about now . . . Let's see what you can do.' Morgan thought to herself as she observed the clash.

Jun had told her and the others of the various abilities of each Satan and so, the Fairy Queen was very much aware of Falbium's counter attacking prowess and was thus expecting him to use it anytime now.

'Offensive Position!' Exclaiming in his mind, Falbium unleashed the only offensive minded technique he had ever created.

It's function was simple, it converted all the punishment received by his Absolute Defence into a single explosive attack. As it concentrated the power of an extended offense into a single powerful strike, it could reach even greater destructive heights that the attacker's own peak.

The Absolute Dence gave way to the most powerful single blow Falbium had ever unleashed and when that mighty strike collided with the holy lance, it was able to trigger it's explosion.

The sky of the underworld was like by a dark bluish explosion, expanding in a disk while an orange one expanded right below it, making sure its dreadful might could not reach the ground.

Unfortunately, there was a price to pay . . .

After using Offensive Position, Falbium had to put up his barrier again but being in the epicenter where the two explosions clashed ta their brightest, such a hastily made barrier was not going to protect him adequately.

A charred body, missing its entire right arms and the bottom half of its right leg, feel from the sky like deadweight, proving that salvation did not come without cost for the devils resent.

Zekram sighed. Even though Falbium was part of the leadership of his political rivals, as a devil, he was someone Zekram found admirable and a great example of the heights a devil should seek in terms of personal might-

Using his magic, he caught him in the air and though he was not healer, he put him in a sort of semi stasis, trying to keep him alive long enough to get him to a medical facility which, with the holy lance's threat now gone, was simple enough through the use of teleportation.

Satisfied with what she saw, Morgan turned her sight away. With Asako long gone and Jack having just made herself scarce, She along with Artoria and Jeanne were the only ones left in the Underworld so it was time for them to take their leave as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

7