Can It Even be called War? XVI
309 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Asako long gone and Jack having just made herself scarce, Morgan along with Artoria and Jeanne were the only ones left in the Underworld so it was time for them to take their leave as well.

As the clash between Morgan's shadow of the holy lance and Falbium's Absolute Defence: Offensive Position, had been felt all around the underworld, it was naturally felt in a, relatively speaking, close area where the Fairy Queen and her remaining companions were keeping the devil leadership contained.

This certainly did not cause any relief as they all glared at her for answers but the next thing out of her mouth, was something the most definitely did not expect and did not want to hear and that was because it marked the victory of their opponent.

"It seems all our objectives here have been accomplished so we shall take our leave." Morgan's cold face seemed to expose a nearly imperceptible smirk. Only Artoria seemed to realize her sister was most pleased.

This version of Morgan was certainly very different from the one she knew outwardly, lacking the expressiveness and made her Morgan's foul mood obvious so long as she was not trying to trick somebody.

Still, the King of Knights found it surprisingly easy to pick up on the small cues that gave insight into the Fairy Queen's state of mind.

"Wait!" Suddenly a voice sounded out.

It was Ajuka who was filled with questions, some of which he was confident the enemy would be willing to answer not that their conflict was over, at least on a surface level.

"Oh? Want to keep up the "battle"?" Morgan questioned, the derision when she said the word battle was palpable. After all, unlike the Devils, they had not suffered a single casualty while accomplishing every goals they set out to do and then some.

"No, of course not. This is our defeat. I merely wish for some clarification." Ajuka spoke, accepting his loss but still not being servile, he was a Satan after all, it was not just a matter of pride, he had a responsibility to not disgrace the title.

"Maybe if diplomatic relations resume,we can answer your questions with words . . . Or, if they don't, they are sure to be answered with action." Morgan replied.

"Still, you may ask. And I may answer." She added.

"That explosion before . . ." Ajuka started but the Fairy Queen answered the question before he finished making it.

"Your compariot, Falbium Asmodeus, clashing with my attack, the one you saw me launch." Morgan said.

'That casual attack she sent through one of her portals . . . Resulted in that kind of aftershock?' It would be an understatement to say Ajuka was alarmed and Grayfia's grave expression along with the fear creeping up the other devils' spines showed the understood the meaning of such a thing.

The Fairy Queen was not done speaking however.

"I'm actually quite impressed. Though I held back a lot, I did not think that man would be able to completely block by attack, even if nearly died while doing so." She chillingly said with perfect calm, as if her words were the most logical and obvious thing in the world.

'She does not strike me as a liar I don't think she would chose to lie now but I would have preferred she had indeed lied, for this truth is much harder to accept.' Ajuka gravely pondered.

Even so however, the green haired Satan's interest in the mysterious powers and magic utilized by the members of Jun's group only increased further as his researcher's soul burned ever brighter.

"May I ask how strong you are within Jun-sama's group?" Grayfia spoke up, taking a chance to ask a more probing question.

"As the main wife, I am natural only below by husband." Morgan casually replied.

'That makes sense but if their number two can casually take out one of our strongest with a single attack . . . The other one with the holy sword also defeated Sirzechs-sama in a one on one duel.' The silver haired maid pondered, things were looking worse and worse for their side.

It was becoming abundantly clear that Jun and his host could completely overwhelm and annihilate them if they so pleased.

"And what amount the warrior that defeated Sirzechs?" Ajuka suddenly asked.

"You can ask him when he wakes up." Artoria replied herself while pointing at the still unconscious Sirzechs. The green haired Satan just nodded, knowing that his best friend had more information which would allow them to make a better judgment for their future course of action.

"We shall be leaving then. If you wish to discuss our situation more, I'm sure my husband is willing to play host again." Morgan spoke and, before anyone could respond, she teleported herself along with Artoria and Jeanne, back to Kuoh were they would await the inevitable communication from the other side.

The foray in the underworld by Jun's forces was therefore finished for now, however, just like he had previously stated before the whole event, this foray would be a trigger that would set much larger events in motion.

They might not yet be obvious and overt but the undercurrents would swiftly become clear. The devils were hit hard and their inability to cope with Jun's forces would soon be known to the rest of the world.

And as Jun had previous explained to Sona and Rias before the "diplomatic meeting between Morgan and the devil leadership was even set up, one a chink was made, there was a group that would love nothing more than to take advantage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

7