Chain Reaction V
280 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Serafall's molesting of her sister continued on and one while Sona was in between a state of wanting to burst out in outrage or simply pass out, all due to sheer and pure embarrassment but Jun finally decided to interject.

"Alright then, I'm expecting various other visits or invitations to meetings quite soon so we best get to business." It was a bit fun at first but it was starting to get annoying.

Based on the relative positions of the two parties involved in the meeting, they should be thankful he was not making them bow and scrape.

"Come on Jun-kun, I rarely get such opportunities. Sona-tan doesn't even dare resist because she does not want to make a biger scene in these negotiations." Serafall unashamedly complained.

Sona's face on the other hand, was rapidly turning blue as her sister declared she was using such an important occasion as an opportunity to assault her without consequence and without shame.

"I already let you have enough, don't test my patience." Jun firmly stated.

"Ehhh . . ." Serafall was clearly not convinced and was in fact testing Jun's bottomline.

'Looks like they have yet to give up on their tricks.' He internally shook his head.

"Let's do it like this then . . ." Jun spoke and then continued with a seemingly harmless smile.

"If you cannot successfully negotiate at least a ceasefire until something else that requires my attention comes up, I'll wipe out the entirety of the Devil Race."

The atmosphere in the room froze into a chilling cold deeper that Cocytus, the deepest and coldest place in the Underworld of DxD.

"Tick, tock, tick, tock. Better get started." Jun warned in a playful tone that betrayed how serious he actually was.

"Wait jus-" Serafall started but Jun just interrupted her.

"You were looking for my bottomline right? Well, you found it so let's get this over with." He callously stated.

Seeing the his patience was running dangerously low, Serafall immediately changed her demeanor to a more serious one.

"Is there any chance we can reforge our alliance?" She first questioned.

"If you people are willing to completely submit then an alliance for your protection can be established." Jun replied in no uncertain terms.

Serafall grimaced, realized that Jun had zero intention of softening up his stance, she had previously believed he would soften up after teaching them a lesson which was why she tried to keep the atmosphere a little lighter but she missed a very important point.

While softening up would definitely be the smarter move it would not be the most satisfying one and considering the difference in power between them and Jun, he could absolutely do things in whichever way would most please him rather than just going for the "smart choice".

"How about for a peace treaty then?" Serafall decisively gave up on an alliance and moved to a less demanding option.

Submitting was not a viable option after all. Not only would it cause massive unrest in the entire devil population, it would also push every noble house to the side of the insurgents seeking to usurp power from the current rulers amongst which she herself was counted.

"The tacit overlooking promised in our unofficial agreement, make all access officially permitted and you'll get a solid peace treaty that we will not break unprompted." Jun replied so quickly that it made Serafall realize he had the answers for her inquiries ready from the get go.

Serafall grimaced and Grayfia's expression tightened, the latter had been the one most in contact with Jun so she had already expected an alliance would be all but impossible but even she was not expecting his stance to be so harlined, even when it came to just a peace treaty.

A tacit overlooking was deniable but an official permit was like giving Jun's group permission to come and go unrestrictedly into very much restricted areas of their territory.

Not to mention the even more serious concerns that publically letting Jun take Lilith after he recovered her from wherever she was being held would inevitably cause.

Clearly, it was not a price the current devil leadership could afford to pay, even if less damaging than submission, it would still potentially topple their government.

"Alright . . . What do you want in exchange for a ceasefire?" Serafall grudgingly asked.

A ceasefire was merely and temporary end to active hostilities to allow for the negotiation of peace and Jun would be free to break it at the slightest provocation, even being someone who valued his word very highly.

As such, it was far less safe than an actual peace treaty but far more accessible for the devils in terms of conditions, at least Serafall hoped so.

"Hand over all your assets in Japan and officially retreat from the country while acknowledging our claim to what you once held. Do that and you'll get your ceasefire." Jun declared.

Clearly, that was the aim from the get go.

'His intentions are so clear that it is obvious he did not even attempt to camouflage them. He wants full control of this country to secure an actual territory in the modern world while not committing to peace with us, enabling him to exert pressure as he pleases without risking his reputation.

"By our assets you mean . . ." Serfall began to clarify.

"Every single asset either owned by ruling body of the devil race or privately owned by a devil. No exceptions." Jun clarified.

'This makes it much more complicated . . ." Serafall thought.

"Does Haikami-sama expect us to force all private citizens to hand over their assets?" Grayfia interjected.

"I do indeed."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

9