Chain Reaction VI
328 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hand over all your assets in Japan and officially retreat from the country while acknowledging our claim to what you once held. Do that and you'll get your ceasefire." Jun declared.

Clearly, that was the aim from the get go.

'His intentions are so clear that it is obvious he did not even attempt to camouflage them. He wants full control of this country to secure an actual territory in the modern world while not committing to peace with us, enabling him to exert pressure as he pleases without risking his reputation.

"By our assets you mean . . ." Serfall began to clarify.

"Every single asset either owned by ruling body of the devil race or privately owned by a devil. No exceptions." Jun clarified.

'This makes it much more complicated . . ." Serafall thought.

"Does Haikami-sama expect us to force all private citizens to hand over their assets?" Grayfia interjected.

"I do indeed." Jun casually responded as if it was a matter of course.

"Anyways that is it, take it or leave it. I'll give you a month, that should be more than enough for individuals of your means right." He arbitrarily concluded the conversation on the matter and, right on cue, a message arrived with a formal invitation to a meeting.

"Looks like your time is up as well, I just got a rather important invitation so I shall not entertain the two of you further, fulfill any of the three conditions I proposed or get ready for war, it is as simple as that. Asako, see the guests out." And with that last sentence, Jun disappeared into thin air as he teleported.

Without even giving them a chance to complain, Asako stepped up with all the professionalism in the world despite being one of the key culprits of the massive chaos in the underworld not long ago, and promptly escorted the four devils out as Sona and Rias left with Serafall and Grayfia.

Naturally, they all left with various degrees of discontent but the older ones had enough conscience to realize it was something they had done to themselves so they were more worried about how to go through the process than they were blaming Jun for his harsh policy.

As for the invitation he had received, it was from the backing of the Five Principal Clans who had once worried him greatly, the Shinto Gods.

It was actually quite a nice feeling to receive such respect and caution from a group of being he had once been very cautious of.

Jun had also heard that Shuri and Akeno had recently came into some very god fortune, courtesy of Amaterasu, the leader of the shinto gods, yet another gesture to show respect and consideration, one that Jun would certainly not ignore.

Apparently, the meeting was to take place in the shrine that Yasaka lived in. It came as a bit of a surprise to Jun but when he remembered Amaterasu's close association with nine tailed foxes, he supposed it made a measure of sense.

There was also the fact that Yasaka could be considered and ally of Jun who was in his good graces, more so than many others so it would lend some credibility to the meeting in the sense that it would imply it was truly friendly and not some sort of power move or something like that.

Jun went there alone since there was no reason to bother his rather busy girls. They were all hard at work training or messing about on some personal project, there was also Jack who was getting a hard earned vacation.

Kunou, Yasaka's young daughter was awaiting Jun's arrival, ready to receive him and once he did show up, she led him inside with visible excitement, both over seeing him again and over the general situation.

"Welcome Jun-sama! It is great to see you again!" The young fox girl greeted him with a bright smile on her face.

"I'm also very glad to see you little beauty. How's your mother?" Jun greeted back.

"She's great but a bit nervous, I am too. It is the first time Amaterasu-sama has visited us directly. Mother had only personally talked with her twice before and had never directly met her so she's a bit nervous as well." Kunou chattered without restraint, letting Jun know the situation.

"It is a great honor though. Amaterasu-sama has greatly praised mother for her vision in forging relations with Jun-sama and your group, she has rewarded us as well." The little fox girl continued without restraint as she led Jun through the building.

Once they reached the inner shrine, Jun finally laid eyes of the famous god queen of the amatsukami. Many gods in DxD preferred casual appearances but she certainly was not one of them.

There were certainly similarities between her and Yasaka as both of the took the form of nine tailed fox ladies but while Yasaka had golden hair and fur, Amaterasu's glowed bright like a burning golden sun but while it should have made looking directly at her figure difficult, for those that could whether the light, they would be blessed with a the sight of a beauty that was truly country toppling.

"Jun-san." Yasaka called out.

"Welcome to my humble abode once again." She added but then, her goddess took over.

"I am glad to finally meet the man of the hour, around which great change seems to endlessly revolve." Amaterasu greeted.

"Greeting the esteemed leader of the shinto gods like this also gladdens me greatly Amaterasu-dono." Jun greeted back, showing the same degree of respect shown to him, something that left the goddess facing him quite pleased.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

8